1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

You Are Missing In My Heart!

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by Rajeni, Jun 2, 2016.

1. Akanksha1982

Akanksha1982 IL Hall of Fame

Simply a masterpiece Rajeni. I read your episodes while having my ginger tea and many of them i must have read mulitple times. I wish we had a multiple like feature as I liked liked liked...liked many episodes.

Love your narration and dedication. Writing two stories simultaneously and so meticulously is just mind blowing. :worship2::worship2::worship2::thumbup:

AnooSA, Rajeni and Rampuri9 like this.
  2. Rajeni

Rajeni Moderator Platinum IL'ite

Thanks a lot Adharv for this cute feedback.. I am surprising you with the next episode now ;)

3. Rajeni

Thanks dear mriduna! Mani rathnam heros you say? Oh I am flattered :D

4. Rajeni

Dear Adharv and PS, I truly loved your conversation :) Thanks a lot

5. Rajeni

Dear AKs, Thanks a lot for reading the story and this wodnerful FB!! I am really honoured to know that you even reread some episodes!!

6. Rajeni

Part 29:

“Water can madam..” the man at the door said.

Nethra frowned at him without comprehending what he just said.

“Madam! Water can..” he repeated a little louder.

“Ah.. oh! One sec.. Amma water!” walking inside she called her mom.

“Come and take” Nirmala replied from inside.

“Aiyo.. Water can guy has come” she explained irritated meeting her Mom half way inside.

Meanwhile, Abhinay, who had parked his car a few steps away, as the mini-van carrying the water containers was parked in front of Nethra’s house, walked towards the house. As he paused to check the address, he saw Nethra open the door to the water can supplier. The coral jasmine tree, covered in star-like white flowers with little coral stems, stood just inside the compound wall, spreading an alluring scent and blocked him from Nethra’s view, but Abhinay could clearly see Nethra as the other person was standing two steps down.

He saw her bright face and the anticipation with which she opened the door. He also noticed the disappointment that fell on her face as she saw who was at the door. He saw her frown like a child. ‘Was she expecting me? Did that enthusiasm adorn her face anticipating me?’ Abhinay felt like jumping in joy. He could not believe the day’s happenings. Earlier in the day, after starting from Arjun’s place he had parked his car near a park and with great hesitation texted Nethra. Though he very much wanted to visit her and also meet her parents, he did not know how she would take it. Also, he did not think it would be appropriate to just show up at their doorstep unannounced. If things happened differently with Arjun, he had planned to visit them along with Arjun, but after their conversation he had dropped that idea. So, he decided to ping her and after knowing the mood she was in, he thought of telling her his Chennai visit. But, he himself was very surprised at the way the conversation went. She, who did not even talk to him after what he said in his balcony and who even seemed angry on him, did not show any traces of anger or coldness as he texted her. On the contrary, she replied him casually and even it seemed she enjoyed the conversation. Her immediate responses gave him the courage to playfully talk about travelling together to Bangalore and to his immense surprise she didn’t get angry but played along. Though he very well knew her address, he asked her that to indicate that he might show up sometime. Then, happily he pushed his seat back and dozed off inside the car.

He waited patiently till the water supplier left and her Mother closed the door. He waited a few more minutes to give time for her mother to go in and prayed that she should go far inside. He did not want her near the door. He wanted Nethra to open the door for him. He wanted to see how her face would change when she see him. Like he saw her face go from anticipation to disappointment, he wanted to see it go back from disappointment to happiness and it would, if she was anticipating him. He then walked towards the door.

Nethra heard the doorbell again. She pouted deciding whether to attend it or not. She was tempted to call Nirmala, but she had to come all the way from the kitchen. So, she sighed and went to the door.

Not always our wishes come true immediately; not always the little prayers we utter are heard instantly. But, it does happen sometimes and it was one such day for Abhinay. The moment her eyes touched the man standing outside, the not-so-interested look on her face melted and her face blossomed challenging those little flowers outside. Her magical brown eyes lit-up and a faint pink colored her cheeks. He stood there smiling, drinking in her every expression.

Nethra quickly masked her excitement and said, “So, this is what your ‘at home’ means?” she asked.

“You will let me in only after the enquiry?” he asked raising a single brow.

“Aw! I am sorry.. Please come in.. I.. You just caught me by surprise..” she said embarrassed.

Meanwhile, Nirmala who came to see who was at the door, saw a handsome young man chuckling as her daughter embarrassedly let him in. The saree box found in the trash bin flashed in her memory.

Abhinay noticed Nirmala first and greeted her, “Hello Aunty!”

Nirmala smiled at him and looked at her daughter. Nethra hastily introduced him to her mother, “Amma.. This is Abhinay.. I told..” before she could complete, Nirmala interrupted, “Oh! Abhinay.. Welcome welcome.. How are you? How is your mother doing?”

Abhinay smiled as Nirmala quickly recognized him, “Fine Aunty.. Mom is also good.. How are you? And, is Uncle not at home?” he enquired.

“I am good pa.. Uncle is here only.. he is upstairs sleeping.. Neethu ma.. you didn’t tell us that Abhinay is coming..” Nirmala said turning to Nethra.

“Amma.. I..” Stammering, she glared at Abhinay and he muffled a laugh.

“Neethu fetch him some water.. I will bring your father..” Nirmala said and turned to leave.

“No Aunty.. Don’t disturb his sleep.. Let him come once he is up” Abhinay stopped her.

“No no.. He would very much be happy to meet you Abhinay.. He was all praises about how you helped Neethu at the right time.. He will jump on me, if I don’t wake him up” Nirmala said laughing and climbed the stairs.

“You are not going to ask me how I came?” he asked Nethra as she brought a glass of water for him.

“Why? Do you have some flying stories left?” she asked.

“Anyway? You ready? It’s 6.15 already.. we just have 45 minutes left as per your norms” he said seriously checking his watch.

“What?!! You have become crazy”, she mumbled.

“That! Yes in a way.. but, not yes”, he said smiling and she did not ask for an explanation.

He looked around him. The house was a duplex independent house. The living room had high ceiling and stairs ran from the other end of the living room to the first floor. The interiors was tastefully done as expected. Nethra followed his eyes and asked, “Like what you see?” with an eyebrow raised, imitating what he said in their first meeting. Abhinay laughed aloud.

Meanwhile, Vasan looked down from the first floor and enthusiastically greeted him, “Hello Abhinay!! Welcome home..” and started climbing down followed by Nirmala.

“I am really very happy to have you here..” he greeted as he shook Abhi’s hands.

“Pleasure is mine, Uncle” Abhinay smiled.

“Paapu.. you didn’t tell us that we are going to have a handsome visitor.. We could have prepared..” as he said, Nirmala interrupted and said, “No worries.. I am gonna prepare dinner and Abhinay is going to dine with us” she announced.

“That’s what I was telling Nimmy.. If I had known before, I would have prepared him for the punishment” Vasan said without missing a beat and the younger ones laughed, joined by the elders.

“That’s fine Aunty.. I will have at some other time..” Abhinay declined politely and Vasan commented, “Smart kid! He has picked the clue, immediately”

“Aiyo Uncle! Don’t pull me in.. I truly believe Aunty is a great cook” Abhinay said laughing.

“If you believe so, then prove it by having dinner.. else, amma is gonna think that you are afraid of her cooking” Nethra said challenging and Nirmala nodded smiling.

“Why are you both scaring him like this? He will face the inevitable when he has to.. Now, please let him relax a little” Vasan said and everyone laughed.

“Your uncle cannot talk any single thing without pulling me in”, Nirmala said and walked inside to the kitchen.

Vasan then enquired about Abhinay’s job, his family and then they both effortlessly conversed about politics, cricket and a various other things. Nethra sat there watching them, occasionally interfering into the conversation. She noticed how well Abhinay and her father got along. Abhinay spoke humbly and was unpretentious. She remembered the authoritative Abhinay she met in his office and noticed the contrasting difference between that Abhinay and the one sat talking with her father.

Her father suddenly said as the topic touched Nethra, “I cannot thank you enough for what you and your mother had done for Nethra”

“Please don’t Uncle! It’s nothing really.. In fact, it’s me who must thank you” he said and paused.

Vasan looked confused and Nethra’s head shot up as her pulse increased.

Smiling within himself at her reaction, he continued, “My mother truly enjoyed Nethra’s presence. After my sister got married, she was very bored and often took that out on me.. I temporarily escaped all those during Nethra’s stay”

Vasan laughed and then added thoughtfully, “having a daughter and then separating from her must be very painful”

Abhinay understood the emotion behind Vasan's words and said, “True Uncle, even it was very difficult for me initially when Arundati left the house”

“Arundati is a charm Pa.. Anybody who met her even for a short while would miss her. So it would have been very difficult for Aunty” Nethra said.

Meanwhile, Abhinay’s mind was occupied with the thought of how to breech the topic of travelling together. His mind cautioned him not to overdo anything and put off Nethra or her parents, he ran a risk of spoiling his reputation in front of his future in-laws, but his heart begged him to try his luck.

As he was lost in his thoughts, Vasan himself came to his help and asked, “What happened to your ticket Paappu? Chart should have been prepared by now..”

Nethra threw a quick glance at Abhinay and said, “Yes Paa.. Chart prepared and still in RAC”

“What is this Neethu ma.. That’s why I asked you to check tatkal yesterday or book a bus ticket as backup.. but you said it will be confirmed” he said worried.

“That’s ok Paa.. I can manage..” Nethra said hastily.

“How will you manage? Better you take one day leave and start tomorrow.. You will get tickets easily for tomorrow” Vasan said.

“No way.. I have a meeting with a client tomorrow and Karthick is also out. So, I have to attend”, she said.

“Maybe let’s check if there are any bus tickets available now”, saying Abhinay took his mobile and opened the browser. He prayed that there should be no tickets available. He waited for the right moment to propose that he would drop her.

“I already checked. There is none available for single lady” Nethra said. As Abhinay paused searching for the right words, again Vasan came to his rescue.

“Else, I will check with our driver, he will drive you to Bangalore..”, he said.

Abhinay jumped on the opportunity and said, “Why driver, Uncle? Anyway I am starting back now.. I can drop her.. if you don’t mind” his voice carefully kept casual.

“Oh! You are starting tonight?” Vasan asked as Nirmala walked into the living room listening their conversation.

“I came here to meet a client this morning.. I should have hit the road already, but thought will meet you all when I am here..” he said.

“Ah.. that’s a good decision.. Not only today.. Everytime you visit Chennai, you have to visit us as well”, Vasan said fondly and he turned and looked at Nirmala who just came.

Her eyes met his and conveyed something. Abhinay saw this from the corner of his eyes and his embarrassment started to grow. He took his mobile and pretending to check something, waited for Vasan to speak.

(Contd.)

7. Lata6

Lata6 Gold IL'ite

What a great way to end Friday!! Intelligent conversation, smart guy knows when to talk what..can't wait to see the beautiful episode which will come up next...will they both talk on the way or drive silently...

Rajeni likes this.
  8. peddadas

peddadas Platinum IL'ite

Rajeni,

OMG just OMG .. Water can was awesome..Paapam Abhinay .. you are making him struggle like hell ....please add something good for his drive back to Blore..But you stopped at a right (wrong :() moment........
    --PS

Rajeni and Adharv like this.
  9. anupama1

anupama1 Platinum IL'ite

Water can man was pretty good :smile:, one can relate to the disappointment of Nethra........
    So Abhi has broken the ice with his future in-laws.Love makes one strong and also shows ways how to proceed.
    I belive Arjun is just checking whether Abhi is a good choice for his friend.
    Waiting for the further turn of events.

Rajeni likes this.
  10. Adharv

Adharv Gold IL'ite

Rajeni Ji, chumma pugundhu vilayaduringa....ninga ippadi nala manasu vachi anna oda-a life ah ivalo ivalo-ooooooooooo colorful ah mathuvingan no ethir parthings....:cheer::cheer: excellent update writer madam adhaliyum andha scenes one onum rombha inimayavum azhagavum irundhahu very realistic esply wer u describe her reactions waterman-kum lover boy-kum hahaha :banana:really sweet narration madam Ji....mappilaye ellarukkum pidichi achu ippo nimmy aunty ethukku uncle kitta seigai katuranga????:hearteyes::hearteyes::BangHead: Avarai vida oru nala mapilai parka mudiyuma....Bangalore kalavaram mathiri chennai varadha puyal use seithu irundha eppadi irukkum yosichi parunga :beer-toast1::beer-toast1:

Sari sari aduthu epi-um sikrama post panunga indha sweet epi kaga mikka nandri.... Night journey abhi anna vaipa miss panadhinga life la marakmudiya nala irukanum Rajeni dear ok va....:hearteyes::hearteyecat:

Keep rocking.

Rajeni and ritz1 like this.