1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

You Are Missing In My Heart!

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by Rajeni, Jun 2, 2016.

1. aswathyk

aswathyk Gold IL'ite

Super Rajeni...:thumbup:...waiting new episodes....:hearteyes:

Rajeni likes this.
  2. leenarajaryan

leenarajaryan Silver IL'ite

Donno Tamil dear can we ask for English translated version?? Plssss... We would like to read that story too....

Rajeni likes this.
  3. peddadas

peddadas Platinum IL'ite

Rajeni likes this.
  4. Rajeni

Rajeni Moderator Platinum IL'ite

Thanks a lot dear MS for reading Mithra Maligai too. Am really happy that you like it. And thanks much for this lovely appreciation. Posted the final chapter in MM, read and let me know how you like it.

minesotasundari likes this.
  5. Rajeni

Dear aswathyk, thank you so much for reading, as well as nominating my story even before I complete it. You have made my day!!

6. Rajeni

Sure PS. Will definitely try to translate it sometime.

Haha.. I hear you! Just posted the Climax of the other story. Will update this tomorrow.

You too Leena dear! Sure! Will translate it soon.

peddadas likes this.
  7. leenam05

leenam05 Platinum IL'ite

8. Rajeni

Lol.. I came.. U can stop hitting ur head :D

peddadas likes this.
  9. Rajeni

Part 24:

Nethra drove her Volkswagen Polo on the ever busy mount road in Chennai with her mother at her side. Both mother and daughter were happily chitchatting about various things that happened since Nethra went to Bangalore. It was usual that Nithyavasan would excuse himself from such shopping expeditions of the mother-daughter duo siting various reasons. That particular day he had to suddenly meet a mysterious friend of his. Nethra was talking for the thousandth time about her lost bracelet. “I will get you a new one. Why are you still worrying about the one lost years back?” Nirmala said.

“No ma.. Remember.. those were fresh water pearls that Appa bought from Japan! And I have not encountered a similar design or pattern after that here. Anything else, will not suit the necklace and earring set he bought together. I was so careless, I shouldn’t have worn it that day” she moaned and as she was speaking she saw a black Honda Accord pass her in the opposite direction. Forgetting the surroundings for a second, she turned her head to have a peek at who was driving it. In that split second, the car in front stopped at the red signal. She noticed that at the last minute and though she applied the brakes, her car slightly bumped into the rear of the car in front.

“Neethu…” her Mom shouted.

The driver of the front car saw through his rear view mirror without getting down. Nethra, embarrassed, met his eyes through his mirror and raising her palms, mouthed a sorry. An auto driver from the left side bent down and gestured something indicating bad driving. His voice was not heard inside the car due to closed windows. The signal turned green and the car at front moved. Nethra relaxed and let out a sigh.

“Who are you looking at like that?” her Mom asked irritated.

“No one Mom.. just.. someone looked familiar”

“Thank God, the other car owner was a decent guy, else, he could have created a scene”

“I just bumped slightly Mom.. I bet I did not create any marks”

‘Maybe.. but people can really be ugly if they want”

“Hmm.. true.. Sorry, I scared you” Nethra said in a low voice

“Not much..” Nirmala replied and smiled. Nethra laughed and continued driving carefully. ‘It’s all because of him’ she cursed Abhinay. ‘How will he be responsible if you think all the Honda Accord cars on earth belong to him?’ her mind retorted. She realized how excited she was in that fraction of a second when she saw that car. An unknown fear shook her as she thought of her emotions. ‘What am I upto? I clearly know his intentions.. but why could I not push him away from my mind?’ she asked herself but at the same time she was afraid to analyze the answer for her own questions.

Nethra just walked around the showroom when Nirmala was checking the saree collection in RMKV at the Forum Mall. Nethra randomly picked some sarees from the hangers and showed it to Nirmala which she invariably rejected. At the same time, Nirmala called Nethra every now and then and showed her some saree asking her opinion and Nethra agreed to most of them. After selecting a saree, Nethra pulled her Mom to the Kurthis section. As they both walked towards that part of the showroom, Nirmala froze on seeing a couple standing near a cloth stand. Nethra seeing that her mother had stopped turned and looked at the direction in which she was looking and her expression too changed to shocked in seeing the two standing there. The man picked a salwar from the stand and held near the girl’s shoulders to see whether it suited her. The girl said something and pointed to another. Nethra turned her face coming back to senses and pulled her Mom in the other way. Though both Nirmala and Nethra acted normal for the benefit of the other, the rest of the shopping turned out to be dull and they reached home earlier than usual.

Nethra had dinner with her parents and she noticed that Nirmala was dull all the while. Even Nithyavasan had asked about that and commented whether they both fought with each other again. Post dinner, three of them chatted for a while and Nithyavasan urged Nethra to go to bed as she had travelled the previous day. Nethra came into her bedroom and sat on her bed. Her mother’s dull face occupied her mind. She could very well understand the emotions she would be going through the very moment. As she was lost in her thoughts, Nethra heard a knock and Nirmala came in.

“Mommyyyyy!” Nethra called happily and stretched her hands towards her like a child.

Nirmala smiled and sat near her daughter taking her stretched hands.

“Shall I bring you milk?” Nirmala asked.

“Aiyo.. No ma.. I already ate too much.. four dosas.. you know!” Nethra said.

Nirmala did not compel or scold her, instead she was lost in her thoughts. Nethra exactly knew what would be going on in her mother’s mind and waited looking at her face.

After a pause of several minutes, Nirmala started, “Neethu.. I know very well that you don’t like me talking about this.. but I have to” and paused. Nethra did not respond anything and taking the silence as permission, Nirmala continued, “You know what I am going to talk about. We have talked about this several times and I don’t want to upset you again.. but, just answer me this one question kannamma.” Her voice broke as she spoke. Nethra looked at her mother, as she continued, “What wrong did we do? Or What wrong did you do?”. When Nethra tried to interrupt her, she raised her palm in a gesture to wait and continued, “When people who are wrong, who did wrong things are happy, why should my daughter, who did not do anything wrong, should suffer?” The image of the couple they saw at the clothing store filled Nethra’s memory. She knew what brought all this.

“Who said I am suffering Maa? I am not… I am happy and contented.. I have you and appa.. A good job.. and that’s all I need” Nethra said.

“Though I have pampered you, I also believe I have taught you enough independence. So, I am not here to argue whether staying single is good or bad.. but what matters is the reason to take that decision” Nirmala said firmly and continued, “were you not interested in marriage at all? I mean from the very beginning? No right? But you started avoiding it because of a bad experience.. didn’t you?”

Nethra sat there staring far away.

Nirmala continued,“I am not saying that you should get married tomorrow, but being adamant not to marry at all is what bothers me”

The image of the couple crossed her mind again and Nethra looked at her mom and tears welled up her eyes, “I am hurting you both, don’t I” she asked.

Nirmala melted on seeing her daughter’s tears and pulling her into her arms, she said, “You could never hurt us da.. its God who is hurting us by putting you through all this.. but these are testing times and I am sure this will pass soon.. God wants to make you stronger dear.. you should learn from the past and emerge stronger, instead, you should not shy away from facing life.. will you think about it papu?” she asked in a pleading tone and Nethra nodded.

“Ok.. you sleep now.. it’s already late” saying so Nirmala stood up and turned to leave.

“Should I think or sleep now?” Nethra asked innocently looking really confused and Nirmala laughed and threw a pillow at her daughter. “Sleep.. I know you do that well than thinking” she kidded and left the room.

As Nirmala left, Nethra went to her wardrobe and opened it. The red saree box was still there hidden amidst her dresses. She took it out and opened it. The heavily worked silk blouse and the array of red and golden bangles laid there undisturbed. Sticking to the inside of the lid, there was also an invitation. Nethra took it and opening the ivory envelope, took out the golden color invitation card and flipped it open. She ran her eyes over the bride and groom names – Nethra, Kishore. The face of the man who stood in the clothing store flashed in her mind as she read the groom’s name. A bitter expression sat on her face and gritting her teeth, she threw the card inside and leaving the box in the bed near her, she lied on the bed and closed her eyes.

Abhinay stood outside the construction site of one of their projects talking to the builder. That particular apartment was Abhinay’s plan and the builder had called him to ask his suggestion about some changes. It was Saturday evening and the labours, getting their weekly wages were just leaving. Anita got down from an auto in the other side of the road opposite to the apartment building. She saw Abhinay talking busily with the builder, for a minute she was lost in admiring his handsomeness. She shook her head and looked around. She spotted a coffee shop two blocks away and she wondered whether she should wait there till Abhinay finished his meeting. While she was thinking, she noticed the busy road in front of her. It was a one-way road and the vehicles rushed in high speed without any interruption from the opposite direction. Suddenly, an evil thought crossed her mind and her eyes sparkled in anticipation. She looked at Abhinay once again. He was still talking to the builder. “Will you do anything for Abhinay?” she asked. 'Yes, I will!' her heart responded. Looking straight ahead, she squared her shoulders in determination.

(Contd.)

10. peddadas

peddadas Platinum IL'ite

Rajeni,

Really a feast to eyes and mind.
    Lovely, What is Anita going to do ? Jump on to on coming traffic :yikes::yikes::yikes:??
    Thanks For the episode!

--PS

Rajeni likes this.