1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

You Are Missing In My Heart!

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by Rajeni, Jun 2, 2016.

1. Sweetynila

Sweetynila Silver IL'ite

wow Rajeni Superb story.. Whether it is English or Tamil your narration makes the readers a curiosity to know what will happen next.. Waiting for the next episode..
    Eager to know what is Nethra's reaction after hearing the word "Anni".. What happened between Abhi and Anita in the past??

Rajeni likes this.
  2. Rajeni

Rajeni Moderator Platinum IL'ite

Part 19:

Nethra stood near Abhinay’s door uncertain. ‘What did I just hear?’, she wondered. Her mind tried to recollect the exact words that she just heard. ‘Anni very much’ – that part was clear, but she was confused whether Arundati said ‘like’ before that. ‘Did she say ‘like Anni very much’ or something else?’, she pondered. Suddenly, she realized that she was standing near Abhinay’s door trying to understand something she overheard. Embarrassment colored her face and she immediately turned and went into the dining hall again.

Samyuktha was busy inside the kitchen planning the menu for lunch and Nethra noiselessly sneaked into the balcony. The balcony reminded her of the moonlit night she stood there with Abhinay. ‘Please do not cry’ – his voice echoed in her ears and his gentle care and the way he comforted her lingered in her mind. Immediately, her mind defensively pulled Abhinay’s angry stone-like face in Arjun’s presence from memory and challenged her. She was again confused about his contradictory behavior and that flared up the anger that had started getting diluted after Arundati’s arrival.

Nethra’s thoughts came back to the present and pondered on Arundati’s statement which she overheard. Though she warned herself that she overheard a personal conversation and tried not to think about it, she could not succeed as her mind kept returning to that very thing. ‘I am sure she said Anni’ –she thought, ‘so does it mean Abhinay’s fiancé? So is he engaged’, she reasoned and that thought planted an uneasy feeling in her which she could not fathom. Not liking the uneasiness growing inside her, she brushed aside those thoughts defensively. ‘So what if he is engaged? Its none of my business!’, she thought carelessly. A small angry voice inside her retorted, ‘Of course, it doesn’t matter, but he could have told me. I thought he considers me as a friend but looks like I am just a guest’, she thought. ‘He knows everything happening around me – my situation, the danger I am in, my friend, everything, but what I know about him? Nothing! I don’t even know the reason behind his anger. I don’t even know which face was real – the expressionless stone face or the caring gentle face. Anyway, why would that matter! He has helped and helping me in a very difficult situation, other than that why should he share his personal things with me? Why am I expecting so much? Not good. I am grateful for all his help and it’s better to stay in that limits. I should leave this house at the earliest before I become an unwanted guest’, she resolved but neither this decision helped her, instead it fueled the uneasiness and the anger, which by then was due to multitude of thoughts, flared up into an inextinguishable fire.

Arundati after searching for Nethra in the kitchen and in her mother’s room came and peeped into the balcony. Three fourth of the balcony was filled with bright sunlight and Nethra stood in a corner shade staring into the brightness. Her face, in anger, resembled the hot noon Sun. Seeing her face, Arundati had to swallow a smile, ‘Oh! She is very angry it seems! Bro you are gone..’, she thought, neither knowing that Nethra had overheard their conversation nor the consequences.

“Hey Nethra.. what are you doing here in the Sun?”, exclaimed Arundati with a hint of surprise in her tone.

Nethra came out of her reverie and said, “uh.. nothing Arundati.. simply”

“Sun bath eh? Already you have a beautiful complexion girl.. you don’t need a tan”, Arundati winked and took Nethra by hands into the house.

Mithun and Abhinay were already seated in front of the TV. Arundati went and sat near Mithun in the two seater sofa, leaving Nethra with the only option of sitting with Abhinay on the three seater.

“I will go and see what Aunty is doing”, saying this, Nethra turned to leave for kitchen.

“Why? Is your Aunty doing magic?” Arundati commented moving her hands and neck mimicking a magician and both the men laughed. Even Nethra could not help but smile at her spontaneous comment and action.

“Come on Nethra.. The maid is already here and helping mom. Also, you have already scored more than me, so, if you went to help and I sat watching TV here, I have to face the consequences”, Arundati pouted and Nethra, left with no other option, sat on the sofa as far from Abhi as possible.

Abhinay looked at Nethra out of the corner of his eyes. Her sitting posture and the reserved look on her face confirmed that her anger for whatever reason it might be had worsened.

He turned towards his sister and found that Arundati was already watching him. As he met Arundati’s eyes, she raised her thumb secretively and drew a line across her neck indicating Abhinay that he was finished and in response he made a slight punching gesture without Nethra’s notice.

All the while, while watching TV, Arundati made little efforts to get Nethra into conversation and to make her comfortable. Though Nethra smiled at Arundati’s comment and even replied and conversed with her casually, she turned a little grim if she had to answer or address Abhinay. She did not visibly avoid Abhinay but Abhinay could very well realize that it took some effort for her to converse with him or to act like conversing with him normally. He remembered the car journey where they spoke so effortlessly on everything under the sky.

Lunch passed as usual with Samyuktha and Arundati doing most of the talking and post-lunch Arundati proposed that they should play carom. It was becoming an ordeal for Nethra to fake a smile every now and then and she planned to skip the game but before she could respond or react with her child-like excitement Arundati exclaimed, “This time I am not your team Anna! Me and Nethra will be a team!!” wrapping her arm over Nethra’s shoulders.

‘Again! This girl did it!’, thought Nethra. She found it very difficult to disappoint Arundati. It’s like disappointing a lovely child’s excitement. ‘It’s very hard not to like this girl or to be composed in her presence’, Nethra thought and inspite of herself a small but genuine smile curved her lips.

Abhinay whose priority job then was to watch Nethra noticed her smile for Arundati and the affection that lit her eyes when she smiled. ‘I thought this Achu will help me impress her! But, instead, she has started impressing her!’, he thought and smiled at his own childishness.

Meanwhile, Arundati started setting up the carom table and sat near her husband – opposite to Abhinay on the square table. Now the only place left was between Abhinay and Arundati. Arundati patted the ottoman and called Nethra, “Come! Come! My partner! We should not allow these guys to win!”, She grinned.

Inspite of the mood Nethra was in; the game was total fun with Arundati and Abhinay constantly fighting over onething or the other. The girls’ team won the first game and towards the end of the second game, in one of their usual fights when Abhinay tried to snatch the striker from his sister, his other hand accidentally touched Nethra’s hand and she withdrew her hand immediately like touched by fire. Abhinay who did notice this, was pained by her behavior and post the end of the second game, stopped the game pretending that he had something official to discuss with Mithun.

Rest of the evening, both the men discussed business in Abhinay’s room and the ladies spent chatting. Post dinner, finally, Arundati and Mithun left for their place, leaving the confused angry pair to deal with themselves.

As Abhinay expected, Nethra went to bed earlier in the pretext of a headache. She lied on the bed haunted by multiple thoughts. Though she understood that her anger and confusions were baseless, she could not help her emotions. She was never such emotional type and the change in her behavior made her even more restless. She felt she had become a different person. Amidst the chaos of her thoughts, somehow she fell asleep.

Samyuktha was busy drowned in usual serials. Abhinay who was ready to retire into his room, paused in front of his mother’s room indecisive. ‘What would she be doing inside? For sure, she is not down with headache’, he wondered and hesitantly he noiselessly opened the door and peeped in. He found Nethra sleeping without even turning off the lights. He went a few steps in and stood there looking at her. Her face was reserved and there were traces of anger even while she was sleeping. Looking at her face, he wondered what she must be dreaming at the moment. Not realizing how long he stood there and afraid that he might have been standing and staring for too long he turned and rushed out.

Nethra woke up with a jerk. She could not fathom what dream it was. It was as chaotic as her emotions and she shook her head to get hold of the reality. Samyuktha was sleeping nearby with a mild snore. Not wanting to disturb her, she got out of the bed. Her mind urged her to go to the balcony but she was hesitant. ‘What if he was there? Like the other day’, she wondered. On this thought, a part of her wanted to go and stand there with him while the dominant angry part ordered her not to go anywhere he was present. She peeped out of the door and assuring nobody was there, she went to the dining and found the balcony door locked. Letting out a sigh of relief, she opened the door and went out. ‘What if he comes?’ again her mind warned and in response she noiselessly closed the balcony door from outside. So that he will not know that she was there.

Abhinay was lying on his bed fully awake. After trying unsuccessfully to divert his mind into reading and drafting, he gave in to his emotions and lied there watching helplessly while his mind imagined every possible worst reasons for Nethra’s anger. At one point, he had an urge to go straight to her, wake her up and ask her the reason, if only love was that simple! He got out and without much thought walked towards the balcony.

Nethra, by then turned to get into the house and bumped into Abhinay who just opened the balcony door and stepped out. His hand held her shoulders straightening her automatically as she lost her balance and she rested her palm on his chest to regain her balance. She straightened and looked up at him. Abhi looked down and his face was just a few inches away from her own. The hand on her shoulder stayed there and she forgot to move her palm from his chest and they stood there lost in the other person's face. Nethra was the first to break the trance and embarrassed and angry on her own act, she withdrew her hand urgently and turned swiftly to leave. “Nethra!”, Abhinay called as his one hand extended and blocked her way.

(Contd.)

3. Sweetynila

Sweetynila Silver IL'ite

Wow Super... Nethra just think why you are angry on Abhi.. You can soon realise you started liking(loving) him.. Abhi have already waited for a long time for you.. so realize your love soon.. Our Abhi is pavam ;p

Rajeni likes this.
  4. peddadas

peddadas Platinum IL'ite

Hooo this is awesome..please continue ..
    PS

Rajeni likes this.
  5. ramyarajan

ramyarajan Bronze IL'ite

Rajeni angry or samadhanam next part eppo

Rajeni likes this.
  6. Lata6

Lata6 Gold IL'ite

Rajeni, this was super duper writing and beautiful part too... I only wish you have the next part by the time I wake up in the morning but I know I can't rush things. I can feel the story as if I am there with the characters.

Rajeni likes this.
  7. stayblessed

stayblessed Platinum IL'ite

Oh my god R, how do you write like this? Emotions are captured so so well, the state of mind of Nethra with confusions and anger is so well portrayed. This is how anyone who is confused and angered will come to new new decisions without zeroing in on anything. Needless to say if it is because of love. You are such a natural, realistic, extraordinary writer. Such a brilliant episode. In fact each one of your updates transcends the other. You are effortlessly showing the magnitude of Abhis love for Nethra, but i don have that expertise to tell u what the magnitude of my love is for your writing. What office work pa, You give them your story to read i say. Then they will also stand in queue like us bugging you for an episode, who knows they might not even give you any work in office after that. your writings not just unfold in front of the eyes, it unfolds even in sleep through dreams. Just just love your writing.
    '

AnooSA and Rajeni like this.
  8. ritz1

ritz1 Bronze IL'ite

Wow, the way u write is amazing.......... v just love it.

Rajeni likes this.
  9. Rajeni

Thanks much for your FB Vanathi!! I am glad that you are liking my English writing too. Thanks for your support.

Sweetynila likes this.
  10. Rajeni

Dear PS, The way you like it, isnt it? :p ;)

peddadas likes this.