1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

You Are Missing In My Heart!

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by Rajeni, Jun 2, 2016.

1. leenam05

leenam05 Platinum IL'ite

Oh , I forgot about her. But our hero likes Nethra. what about that? :p:sunglasses::D

2. Rajeni

Rajeni Moderator Platinum IL'ite

Yeah..! Thats there! Now, what should I do :thinking:

3. peddadas

peddadas Platinum IL'ite

Please write one episode...

4. Rajeni

Yes, Ma'am :icon_writing:

peddadas likes this.
  5. stayblessed

stayblessed Platinum IL'ite

Uber-cool episodes, so gracefully penned.

Loved the indirect conversation pa, intelligent narration.

So beautifully expressed emotions and what a dream sequence ma, ha ha the man in the horse reminded me of Vandhiyadevan. I truly loved your narration, the yearning to hold the hands of the dream hero and consoling herself it was just a dream, the consolation not serving the purpose but in turn increasing the anxiety - what a wow, omg vera level, tharumaaru eppidi ippidi ezhudhareenga. Romba romba rasichen pa. Hats off.... truly gr8 going.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2016
    Rajeni likes this.
  6. Rajeni

Hello dear SB! Thanks a lot for such a detailed and lovely FB! Missed you here! Your attention to little details, as always, amaze me! The indirect conversation part - I am glad that you noticed and liked it. It truly give immense joy, when all the little efforts you take are noticed and appreciated. Thanks for being such a motivation!

stayblessed likes this.
  7. Rajeni

Part 14:

Abhinay drove his car towards Nethra’s residence, as Nethra sat next to him staring out of the window. Abhinay drummed his fingers casually on the steering wheel to the music that was playing. After the previous night, it was like some invisible barrier that stood between them had broken and a comfortable friendship has developed. Neither did they struggle to strike a conversion nor did they want to maintain silence. They spoke effortlessly. There was no hesitance to express their opinions, share their tastes. The idea or thought of what the other person might think did not occur to either of them, somehow it was comfortable – no, more than comfortable – it felt just right to be themselves, without any pretense. The only difference was Abhinay knew the reason and Nethra did not!

Their conversation flowed seamlessly from books to music to directors to singers to lyricists to history to again books. When Nethra knew about Abhinay’s reading habits, another barrier came crushing down and it opened new doors of discussion. Of course, who, who love books, would not love to discuss them? Both of them discovered with surprise their similar tastes and preferences and when there was a difference, they were intrigued by the other person’s perception and wanted to know more.

As Abhinay turned into the street where her Apartment stood, he said, “Even in this peak traffic, time just flew by Nethra! All thanks to your company”

Hearing this, Nethra quickly glanced the time on the dashboard with a confused look and her expression turned to pure astonishment as she exclaimed, “Really! it’s been 1.5 hours! I never realized it, Abhi! Am becoming a big chatterbox” In her awe, she did not realize how she just addressed him and Abhinay whose spirits soared in ten folds on hearing her call him as ‘Abhi’ quickly turned and masked his expression.

Nethra stepped out of the car and said, “come in, Abhinay.. I can punish you with a Coffee!” and smiled waiting.

“Return punishment for my Tea, eh?” he raised an eyebrow playfully and added, “would love to, Nethra, but you have to get ready for work and am also getting late. So, shall we postpone the punishment for a later time?” he suggested.

“Sure.. see you then!”, she waved and walked towards the staircase.

As Abhinay reversed his car to drive out of the apartment, he noticed Nethra’s mobile on the dashboard. “Ah! All the Gods of Heavens! You are all being too helpful I must say! Keep up the good work!”, he said and chuckled to himself. He parked his car and walked with the mobile in his hand. He enquired the Security at the Gate about Nethra’s flat and walked towards the staircase.

Nethra stood frozen in the middle of the living room. The door to the balcony was open and she could see that the lock was fiddled with. There was evidence all over the house that it had been ransacked. The thought that someone had been at her house and the question that what would have happened to her or Aarthi if they had been there, sent shivers down her spine.

Abhinay, who saw that the door was left open, stood by the door way and knocked. Nethra was just standing a few feet away with her back to him, but she did not seem to notice. Sensing something odd, he approached and stood beside her. He saw the shocked expression on her face and following her line of sight, his eyes caught the broken balcony door. His muscles tightened and his jaw clenched. The thought that what if he had dropped Nethra here the previous night triggered a whole lot of dreadful imaginations and he shuddered. He was not optimistic enough to thank the Divine Power for preventing her from staying there. He composed himself and turned to Nethra. There was raw fear on every inch of her face. She was looking at him, at his face, may be searching for some courage, which she did not find in her.

“Nethra.. don’t be scared”, said Abhinay trying to console her.

“But, Abhinay.. there was.. someone..”, she staggered.

“Yes, yes.. I can see.. but you don’t need to worry.. see.. I am there.. Trust me, I would never let anything happen to you! Never! Just relax..”, saying so, he made her sit at the sofa and brought some water. As she drank the water, pacifying herself, Abhinay went around the house, carefully not touching anything. All the doors were open including the bathroom doors. The wardrobe doors were open but the cloths and the lockers remained untouched. A gold bracelet and a few watches, which were lying on the dressing table in the bedroom, were left unnoticed. The laptops on the bed and on the table were also untouched. Few of the loft doors were not closed properly. It was evident that the lofts were also searched.

Nethra, who by then pulled herself together, came into the bedroom and stood beside him. “Do you have any cash or valuables here?”, Abhinay asked her.

Nethra, in response, took a key from her handbag and opened the drawer in the cupboard. There were a few jewels and cash amounting to ten thousand rupees. So, he – was it one or more than one person? A new question rose – or, they did not even care to check what was in the drawer. If the break-in was not for money, what was it for? His eyes turned towards Nethra as if showing the answer to his question. His instinct shouted that the danger was for her. On this realization, he just wanted to take her away from that place immediately. But, before that he had to do something! He took out his mobile, dialed a number and waited.

“Hello Abhinay!”, The voice on the other end boomed, evidently happy about the caller.

“Hello Sam! How are you?”, Abhi greeted.

“Great, as usual! How about you?”, asked Sam – Samuel Jeyaraj, Inspector of Police.

“Good good! Sam, I have a problem here”, saying so, Abhinay explained everything that has happened from the previous night.

Sam arrived on the spot exactly half an hour later. It took lesser time to evaluate the situation and he himself called the area Inspector. They went to the police station and a case was formally filed.

Sam assured all his assistance and as they came out of the station, Abhinay said, “Ok Nethra, you come back with me.. You need not stay there! It is not safe”

“Then, where should I go?”, she asked, though she knew his answer.

“You can come with me Nethra.. You know that!”

“Ya I do! But, how long can I be there? And, How long can I hide? I don’t want to run away, Abhinay! I have to face this”, she said determined.

“Nethra, I understand. I am not asking you to move-in with us, but at the same time, you cannot stay at that house. In fact, please call your flat-mate and ask her not to come. We have to find a safer place for you both to stay. You come with me and we will sort things out..”, he explained and she saw the rationale behind his suggestion.

“Makes sense! But, I must say, I am troubling you a lot”, she sighed and continued, “anyway, I have pack a few cloths”

“Sure! Let’s go and get your things and…. do you want me to say that again?”, he asked in serious tone.

“Say what?”

“Say that the pleasure is mine!”, he said controlling a smile trying to look innocent.

She laughed and said, “Ok ok, I take back the troubling part! But still…” she dragged and Abhinay spoke, “Oh, come on Nethra! Aren’t we friends enough to dump those formalities?”

She nodded smiling and suddenly, on hearing the word friend, remembering, she said, “I will call Arjun”

Abhinay raised his eyebrows in askance and she explained, “Arjun is my friend. He might be able to help”

“Help in finding a place to stay?”, Abhinay asked.

“May be in that too! But, mainly with the case – He is an Assistant Commissioner of Police, working in Chennai”, She clarified, as she dialed his number.

“Hey.. Aju…….. yaya am good.. listen…. Ajuuuuuu.. be serious! I am in danger….”, and she started elaborating the happenings. Abinay’s face fell on hearing her, especially hearing the way she addressed him as ‘Aju’. He tried not to jump into any assumptions but his mind kept calculating and he wondered whether the handsome man, whom he saw at the Coffee shop with Nethra, was Arjun!

(Contd.)

8. stayblessed

stayblessed Platinum IL'ite

ha ha nice.

Your words just flow like a river. Again a superb episode.
    Thank God, Neth stayed in Abi's house, else what would have happened? God! And the stay is going to extend, Abhi would be jumping in joy for this blessing in disguise.
    ahem ahem Abhi boy is feeling jealous of Aju va, hmm nice. Now waiting for Neth to feel jealous of Anitha.

As always beautiful narration.

Rajeni likes this.
  9. tcbhuvana

tcbhuvana Gold IL'ite

hi @Rajeni I read ur story in one go 10 days before and immediately fell in love with the story and abhi n nethra too.. Dont know why but the way u described nethra makes me imagine her as actress Nazriya ;-) I was expecting next episode and today I read it.. Very beautiful ur narration is.. Best wishes for ur journey as a writer dear..

Rajeni and Adharv like this.
  10. Adharv

Adharv Gold IL'ite

Hi Rajeni, Ippadi oru twist ethir parkavilai...Abhi god-k thank pandradhai vida ungalukk thank panalam :sunglasses:;) .....I requested for a bigger update idhuvum rombha short...start seithathum theriyala mudinjadhu theriyala... Does Arjun also have some interest towards Nethra??? Please appadi oru twist kodukadhinga :poutingcat: Nanga Mr. Abhi katchi..lol... Waiting for next update. Waiting for next update.

Rajeni likes this.