1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

You Are Missing In My Heart!

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by Rajeni, Jun 2, 2016.

1. Rajeni

Rajeni Moderator Platinum IL'ite

Hey Priya dear.. Glad to see you back.. hope u are doing great.. and thanks for being a continuous support.. :)

2. Adharv

Adharv Gold IL'ite

Yes, I do read. I am new to this site. Yet to get the hang of it. Can you share the link of your tamil novels... I shall read them wen I get some time. Ethavthu completed novels irukungala??? waiting for todays update.

3. Rajeni

Thanks for your interest Adharv! Below are the link to my stories :

Ongoing Novel -

Mithra Maaligai

Completed short Novel -

Andha Oru Iravil

Short Stories -

Adhikaalai Azhagu

Pirivenbadhu Mudivalla

Ammavasai Iravil

Adharv likes this.
  4. Rajeni

Part 13:

The huge guest house at the city outskirts did not have any lights on except for a small night lamp that faintly shone through on the bedroom windows in the first floor. The darkness of the midnight hung alarmingly over the place. Deeraj was lying on the bed starring at the ceiling in the faint night lamp. He glanced the time in the digital clock on the side table. It showed 1:00 AM and yet he was wide awake with anticipation. As if sensing his expectation, his mobile phone rang. He looked at the display and became immediately alert on seeing the caller name.

“Tell me!”, he commanded attending the call.

“What?!”, his barked with disbelief on hearing the other end.

Again he listened and then said in a controlled voice, “OK.. get back.. I will call you when I need”, and disconnected the call.

His grip tightened around his mobile phone in an effort to crush it. His jaw clenched with frustration at the news he just heard. He had planned for this for quite some time now and he could not take the disappointment.

Women were always his weakness, but most of them whom he came across were too eager to please him and he never much cared for the ones who weren’t ‘his type’. Yet, it was different with Nethra! Of late, he hasn’t come across such a beauty, but more than that it was Abhinay’s protective intervention that had really triggered him. He had outright insulted him to protect her. He remembered how defensively Abhinay stood between him and Nethra not even allowing his gaze to touch her. That had snapped a need for vengeance in him. His revenge was against Abhinay, to take Nethra away from him permanently. But he waited to act upon it, for the right time to come. The outbursts happening in the city seemed like a good cover as Nethra was a Tamilian. If she was found dead, it would be another round of violent outbursts between the states and it would also be easy to divert the case. But, after all the arrangements, when he was waiting for Nethra to be brought into his guest house, he was informed that she was not at her house. He remembered seeing her earlier that evening in the usual bus stop where she would board the bus to her home. Only after making sure she was about to get home he left the place. ‘I should have followed her’ he thought fiercely throwing his mobile in anger and it went clattering into the corner of the room!

Nethra ran faster. The cold wind pierced her face and she shivered. She could feel the weight of the force pulling her back but she did not dare to look back at what was pulling her. For one reason, she was scared to turn back and encounter whomever or whatever that was pulling her and for another, she was afraid that the mere act of turning her head might slow her down. She could not see anything at all in front of her except the vast emptiness. Was she running on desert sand or snowy mountain she could not say but she was aware that her leg dug deep into the ground at each step and it took an effort to pull it out and make the next step, making it all the tougher to run. Yet, she continued running, desperately searching in front of her but what she was searching for she did not know. As her body was tiring, she got a glimpse of the vague image in the distance - almost near the horizon and still, as she saw that she knew that she found the object of her search. She adjusted her direction and ran straight towards it and the object was also moving towards her. As it neared, she could see the outline of a horse with a man mounted on it. She pushed herself further and kept running and all the while the unknown force kept pulling her back. The faster she ran stronger it pulled, but she was determined not to give in, not so easily. Did her savior know her pain? He was flying towards her at the speed of the wind and now she could clearly see the magnificent white horse of his and his muscled leg clad in black silk and the glittering sword at his side! His one arm rested on the handle of the sword ready and another arm pulled the reins. Almost there! She thought. She increased her speed and as she neared he removed his arm from the sword and extended it in her direction, palm up, wanting her to hold it. She threw her hand out in the air as she ran faster, palm facing the ground, in a gesture for him to take her hand. There were only a few feet for her to reach. Though she kept running and he kept riding towards her, the few feet in between them never seemed to reduce. Both their hands dangled in the air waiting for the other. Nethra’s anxiousness grew as she desperately increased her pace and she felt her entire body go weak and she was afraid that she would collapse anytime!

Nethra woke up startled. Her entire body was washed with sweat and her breathing was still labored. She looked around her confused and it took her a few seconds to realize where she was and that she was just dreaming. It was too real to be a dream. She could still feel her accelerated heart and troubled breathing. As she realized that she was dreaming, a yearning to hold the hand that waited for her enveloped her – a yearning so fierce that she felt like crying. In spite of the pain she felt while running, in spite of the dark object that pulled her, she wanted to go back to her dream – to him! The longing to go back to her dream, the longing to hold his hand, the longing to see his face, which she didn’t see in her dream, was so strong and deep that she could not shake it away. Holding her chest, controlling the tears that were about to spill, she slowly walked out of the room to the kitchen. As she drank the cold water from the refrigerator, she wished that it should go straight and pour over her troubled heart washing away the anxiety. Tears rolled down her cheeks. She herself was astounded by her behavior, by the intensity of the emotions, but her rational thinking was far away. “It was just a dream… just a dream”, she mumbled trying to console herself, but in turn those words increased her anxiety, realizing that it’s just a dream that can never be true, tears flooded down her face. She walked back into the dining area and sat at the table not trying to control her tears, allowing the grief to take hold of her.

Abhinay was too energetic to sleep. As he was in the best of his spirits, he decided to work at his drawing table. Immune to the passing time, he was drowned in his work and he realized the time only when his eyelids grew heavy. It was already 1:00 AM. Wrapping up, he walked out of his room to have some water and that is when he caught Nethra sitting at the dining table. She did not seem to notice him approaching. She had her eyes glued to the dining table edge. Moonlight seeped into the dining faintly through the French door to the balcony. In the moonlight that fell on one half of her face, Abhinay saw something glistening on her cheeks – a tear drop!

Abhinay was shocked beyond words. He could not think of any reason for her act. He quickly made up his mind and walked towards her slowly, not wanting to startle her. She did not notice him until he went near her. He wanted to scoop her up into the cradle of his arms and console her, wipe away the flowing tears that had left wet marks on her cheeks, to sooth her trembling lips. “Nethra..”, he called in a gentle voice, worrying whether his presence would embarrass her.

She looked up confused, coming to reality again. On seeing Abhinay, she understood the surroundings and embarrassment colored her face.

“Sorry.. I didn’t mean to intrude..”, he added quickly, and continued, “is something bothering you?” he managed to ask.

Nethra did not know what answer to make. She could not think of any logical explanation for her act nor could she think of any other explanation that might sound less silly. She just stared at his face while her mind tried to find an answer in vain.

Abhinay saw her bewildered expression. She looked so vulnerable that his every muscle wanted to protect her. He broke the silence, “its fine if you mind sharing it with me.. just relax.. and…”, he stammered not finding the right words to express his concern, “..and please don’t cry..please don’t..”, he managed to say and continued quickly, “things will be alright.. everything’s gonna be alright.. relax”, he added.

Nethra blinked away the tear film and saw the man standing in front of her and the genuine concern on his face spread warmth through her. Her mind yelled at her to react, to say something and not to stand there like a dumb fool. “It’s just a dream…”, she said more in a whispering tone repeating the words she was chanting a few minutes ago and then added, “I mean I had a bad dream”, she managed to say and immediately regretted saying it. Now, he might laugh at her or at the least think her to be a silly fool.

But, Abhinay did not laugh at her response. He was rather amused by the child-like expression on her face. “That’s ok.. It happens..”, he consoled. He walked to the crockery unit on the wall and came back with a few tissues. Handing her the tissues, he waited watching her as she reluctantly got the tissues from his hands and wiped her eyes and cheeks. ‘I must be looking like a mess’, Nethra thought as she wiped her face. Though she wiped her face, he could see that her face was still clouded. He wondered what that dream, that made her so anxious, is, but he chose not to talk or ask about it.

Nethra was trying hard to concentrate in reality, trying to focus her thoughts to what Abhinay was saying, trying not to think of the dream, but the image of the extended hand kept flashing in her memory and a fresh longing gushed through her. She drew a deep breath trying to stabilize her and wondering what to say next, but Abhinay spoke before she could. “I think you can do better with a hot cup of Tea”, he said and giving her a warm smile walked towards the kitchen. She followed him trying to stop him, “No.. that’s ok.. you go and sleep..”, she said worried by the trouble she was causing him.

“Relax Nethra.. Even I need one.. I was working late and a little tired.. so you see, mutual benefit..”, he smiled raising an eyebrow at her and she managed to smile a little in return. Though she felt bad for troubling him at this odd hour, she could not stop herself from admitting that his presence made her feel better – a lot better indeed! Standing at the kitchen door way, she watched as he boiled water and added the tea leaves. Abhinay was happy that Nethra accepted his company, he was a little reluctant before he walked towards her as he was afraid that she might just walk away from him. He understood that somehow he had gained a little of her trust and he resolved himself that he would win her complete trust and love soon.

“So, how do you like Bangalore?”, he asked casually trying to divert her.

“It’s good.. I like the weather.. and the trees with orange flowers that are found in abundance here… but I do miss Chennai”, she said.

“Orange flowers?!”, he was surprised by that statement.

“yeah.. I don’t know the name of the flower.. but it’s grown in huge trees which I could find in many of the streets here..”, she explained.

“of course.. I understand.. but it’s just that I have not heard anyone say so..”, he replied, his tone with a hint of admiration.

“May be.. but the first thing that caught my attention here was those flowers..”, she added.

“So you miss Chennai or your family in Chennai?”, he asked again

“Both.. I feel Chennai is more lively.. maybe I am biased.. and there would be sense of belonging there.. but I miss that here.. and of course my family too..”, an affectionate smile spread across her lips thinking of her parents.

He poured the Tea in two cups. Without handing her the cup, he carried the two cups and walked out of the kitchen gesturing her to follow. Instead of placing the cups at the dining table, he walked to the balcony door, handed her a cup, opened the French door and stepped out into the balcony followed by her. The cold breeze outside embraced Nethra soothing her tired body and the hot Tea revived her senses. Abhinay leaned on the balcony railing sipping his Tea, totally enjoying the serene moment with his love.

“Good? Bad? Ok types?”, he questioned indicating the tea cup.

“Oh.. sorry, I must have told already.. Tastes great!”, she said.

They chatted for another few minutes sipping the Tea and when they are done, he asked, “feeling better?”

“Yes.. I mean truly yes.. thank you!”, she said sincerely.

“My pleasure!”, he said playfully and added, “come let’s catch some sleep”

As she turned to walk in, her toe caught on the door frame and she staggered. Impulsively, Abhinay reached out and held her hand supporting her. His palm touched hers and suddenly the image of the waiting extended arm from her dream flashed in her memory, but now with her hand in his, she did not feel the longing she felt a while ago but instead an unfamiliar current passed through her entire frame!

(Contd.)

5. anupama1

anupama1 Platinum IL'ite

Nethra is alone at Bangalore away from family, she is disturbed by the days events.
    Abhinay very appropriate in relaxing her tensed mood.
    (Look at the turn of the events, what a day for Abhinay bringing her home and sharing tea with his love in the balcony:hearteyes:)

Rajeni likes this.
  6. Rampuri9

Rampuri9 Silver IL'ite

Superb update Rajeni .. You are a great narrator

Rajeni likes this.
  7. peddadas

peddadas Platinum IL'ite

Rajeni,
    Kudos to your narration . inch by inch .. Scene by scene flashing in front of me...very lovely and lively ..superb scenes...any person would love to be in those scenes...cho chweet...
    --PS

Rajeni likes this.
  8. Adharv

Adharv Gold IL'ite

Rajeni, wish you could have added few more pages for today's update.. :laughing: Anyway next time please....

Dream portrayal was too cool..:hearteyes: Prince to drive his princess..So dream to be continued??? Didn't expect Dheeraj would be a Demon in your plot..Flow of the story is simply beautiful... Lemme get some sleep mean time adutha epi ready seinga. Thanks for this sweet and lovely update. :cheer:

Rajeni likes this.
  9. aarthi28

aarthi28 Platinum IL'ite

Rajeni just super. The series of events narrated were simply superb and you stopped at the right time. Her dream boy who's face was not clear has now cleared from her cloudy thoughts and abhi face is clear now. What next? U stopped at the correct time

Rajeni likes this.
  10. peddadas

peddadas Platinum IL'ite

Rajeni likes this.