1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

You Are Missing In My Heart!

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by Rajeni, Jun 2, 2016.

1. sreeram

sreeram IL Hall of Fame

Of course dear, how can i stop myself from posting here after seeing your name and how can i ever miss the opportunity of wishing you first dear. You are one of my favourites Rajeni... just keep rocking...

Btw, You have started the story so nicely and am more attracted by the character names. It was so nice to see a lovely mom and son combo. :thumbup: Too eager to read the forth coming updates....

Rajeni likes this.
  2. stayblessed

stayblessed Platinum IL'ite

Hi Rajeni am a fervent fan of your writing, yes.... i used to read your mithra maligai and am sorry for having been a silent reader all these days, i myself feel bad for having enjoyed your work and not leaving a feedback. Dunno y am a bit reluctant in giving comments may be this is the first time am a member of an online forum.

Tat was an awesome start of the new story. I loved the conversation between mom n son.
    The description of the bracelet was superb.

The last two lines was a perfect quote. I too love the song vanna nilave, it has awesome lyrics,you have coined it perfectly.

Wish to travel with you in this story. Be it tamil or english you have a perfect command over the language. Its a complete contrast from the genre of mithramaligai, am pretty sure you will rock in this genre too, btw is the genre of this story romance?

Last edited: Jun 2, 2016
    Rajeni likes this.
  3. Rajeni

Rajeni Moderator Platinum IL'ite

Thanks a lot dear IniyaaSri!! I used to write in the regional languages forum,if you know Tamil I hope you would enjoy my other story too , this is my first story here in English ;)

Thanks for the encouraging FB.. will post the next part soon :)

IniyaaSri likes this.
  4. Rajeni

Thanks a lot, dear peddadas :) Hope you will enjoy the rest of the story too!!

peddadas likes this.
  5. Rajeni

Thanks a lot Priya!! Am glad that you like the names, I strongly believe that the name we give to our characters give them certain attributes and help the readers visualize the characters!!

Thyagarajan and sreeram like this.
  6. Rajeni

My dear stayblessed!! Such a sweet and detailed FB!! And if am not wrong looks like this is your first comment or FB in IL.. am honoured to receive it!! I am happy to know that you like Mithra maligai too!!

And, yes, its love and romance.. just trying my hand out in that.. not sure how far I can live upto all of your expectations, but would try my best..

Thanks again for such a wonderful and overwhelming FB.. You definitely made my day!!

stayblessed likes this.
  7. curiousgals78

curiousgals78 Gold IL'ite

Faling in love with the story Rajeni. very good start.

Rajeni likes this.
  8. peddadas

peddadas Platinum IL'ite

Sure . Thanks for that. This is the first time that I am reading your story. Ofcourse, I dont know Tamil, I miss your other writings.

But definitely I am going to read your episodes.

Good luck.

PS

Rajeni likes this.
  9. Shivalaya

Shivalaya Silver IL'ite

Wow. Awesome start. I will have to surely check ur Tamil stories.

Rajeni likes this.
  10. Rajeni

Part 2

Nethra was in her bed deep in sleep. Neither was she sleeping straight nor curled up one side, she was lying slightly turned to her left resting her left hand on the pillow near her face and her knees slightly bend. Like a princess!, thought Nithyavasan who just entered his daughter’s room to wake her up!

He stood there staring at her immaculate face. She looked like a painting except for the frown in her eyebrows, which was disturbing him. He remembered those days when he used to see his daughter sleep peacefully and even with a smile on her lips. He took the pleasure of waking her up daily just to see her sleep with that smile on her face. All that were in the past, a fresh stab of pain pierced him when he realized that it has been long, very long since he saw her like that. He slowly extended his hand and ran his fingers over her frowning eyebrows soothing it. Did she realize his touch, he do not know, but she eased her eyebrows and her features became calm.

Not finding both her husband and daughter yet, Nirmala came to her daughter’s room to find her husband staring at their sleeping daughter. Suddenly a thin film of tears filled her eyes. She shook herself out of that emotion and went in.

“Vasu I sent you to wake her up. Not to admire your sleeping beauty daughter” she teased mildly.

“Nimmy, see her! She is sleeping peacefully just now.. let her sleep for some more time” he pleaded.

“Aiyo Vasu, its she who insisted that I should wake her by 7.. Madam’s calendar is full today! She has to meet her friends and purchase a few things.. Remember, she is starting to Bangalore tonight” reminding him, Nirmala called her daughter, “Paapu, get up da its time.. ”

Hearing her voice Nethra woke up from her sleep and smiled seeing both her parents standing there. “Good morning Maa, Good morning Paa..”

“Good morning Kuttima” – Nirmala

“Good morning Bujju Kutty” – Nithyavasan

Nirmala continued “You fresh up paapu.. I will bring coffee for you.. then finish of all your packing and then start to meet your friends.. No last minute packings.. ok?”

“Sure Maa.. I will finish the packing.. Now why Paa, you are looking dull?” she asked the later part to her father.

While he kept silent, Nirmala continued, “Come on Neethu ma don’t you now about your dad? He is obviously upset that you are going to Bangalore..”

“Oh Paa.. come on.. please cheer up.. you know that I got a good offer.. Its difficult to get such offers in Interior designing Dad! There are very few openings in the field” saying so, she moved and hugged her Dad and rested her head on his shoulders!

Vasu smiled and held his daughter and caressed her hair. “I will miss my Princess” he said.

“Of course, I would miss you too Dad. But, don’t forget your duty. Wherever I am, you have to wake me up.. don’t forget to call me every morning” she said and smiled at him.

‘I can call you.. but how can I see my sleeping beauty’ he thought but didn’t say it aloud. He didn’t want to upset her or make her emotional. “Your wish is my order, Mademoiselle! I will call you daily at 5 AM sharp” he announced standing in attention.

“Dad, you can call whenever you want, but I am not picking any calls before 6.30 AM” she grinned at him and went into the washroom.

Vasan went to Kitchen with mixed emotions.

On seeing him Nirmala asked, “what sir.. there is lot going on your face”

“Nimmy.. do you think she can manage alone? Why did you even accept this Bangalore move? How can we stay peacefully knowing that she is all alone there?” Vasan exploded on her question.

“Vasu, do you think it’s easy for me? To part her? Is she not the pupil of my eye? But we have to stay away Vasu! Do you think we can accompany her forever? No Vasu, our time is limited.. before that fateful day, we should see her married.. see her have children.. see her in safe hands Vasu.. Only then, my soul will rest in peace.. Now, she is comfortable with us, in our love and care.. She has to stay alone for her to think seriously about her life.. After that incident, she is repelled even to the idea of getting married.. In our absence, when the loneliness strike her.. may be she will think about her future.. I pray that she should! I am counting on it.. Don’t worry Vasu, I am sure good things will happen.. coz, she is a good person.. not just good.. she is the best! Testing times shall pass away soon, Vasu.. Let’s stay hopeful!” Nirmala spoke in a voice choking with emotion and tears flowing down her cheeks!

Vasan threw his hand around her shoulders and comforted her. She rested her head on his chest! Both drawing strength from each other.

“Will you both give me, my coffee and then continue your romance” Nethra chirped in.

While Nirmala pulled away from Vasan blushing, Nethra continued “Maa.. Paa.. Am just going to Bangalore.. and it’s just 6 hours away.. You both act as if I am going to another Country.. please dears.. if you wanna see me you can see me the next morning and if you want me to come I will be here the next morning!”

Both her parents smiled and Nirmala handed her a cup of hot filter coffee. “I will continue my packing Maa.. you come and help me once you are done with the cooking..” she walked to her room sipping her coffee.

Nethra opened her wardrobe in one hand and scanned it making a mental note of all dresses she wanted to pack, while she slowing drank her coffee. While she started packing, her hands hit on a box hidden in her clothes. She slowly took the box out. It was a wooden saree box. She opened it and saw the red blouse stitched with heavy golden zardozi and stone work and the red and golden gorgeous glass bangles kept inside. Her lips twitched into a bitter smile. She tightly shut her eyes and opened it with a sigh, placed the box inside the wardrobe again and continued with the packing!

(Cont.)