1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

You Are Missing In My Heart!

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by Rajeni, Jun 2, 2016.

1. Lata6

Lata6 Gold IL'ite

Started reading this story. Flawless writing, it is like reading a good book. Please continue to write, we need writers like you.

2. Rajeni

Rajeni Moderator Platinum IL'ite

Part 7

Nethra checked the time in her mobile with half opened eyes. It showed 9 AM. She slowly sat up on her bed and stretched her arms lazily. A week passed since Nethra moved to Bangalore and it was Saturday. One part of her wanted to get up and have coffee while another part wanted to continue her sleep. She remembered her Mom and her coffee. She could smell the aroma of her Mom’s steaming coffee from her memory. She smiled on the thought and the calling bell rang simultaneously. Remembering that Aarthi went out early that day, she went to attend the door. She opened the door and her mouth fell open and her eyes opened wide, her eyelashes touching below her brows.

“Enough enough! Your eyes are gonna come out” Saying so he stretched one finger and pressed her chin up in a gesture to close her mouth.

Nethra slapped his hand and said, “Pig! Gonna kill you”

“Later! Will you please let me in now?”, saying so Arjun passed a smiling Nethra and sat on the Sofa.

“When did you come da? Wont you tell me before?” she asked with a fake anger.

“Oh! Should I fix appointment before visiting Madam.. Will remember it next time, but since I am already here, will you be kind enough to pour some coffee into my growling stomach”, he asked in humble tone with an extended palm in a begging gesture.

Nethra laughed aloud and said “Will try”, as she walked towards the Kitchen.

Abhinay stood patiently as Samyuktha browsed the sarees in Soch.

“How is this Abhi?” She held a grey color crepe silk in her hand.

“Cool Ma”

“This?” she picked another olive green one.

“Good too”

She frowned and asked “Which one to take?”

“Your wish Ma! Take the one you like”

“Both are fine.. tell me which is better”

“Then take both Ma”

“I should have known better than to ask you” she said and walked towards the mirror keeping both sarees on either side of her shoulder and Abhi walked a few steps to take a phone call.

“This one is better Ma” Samyuktha heard someone say touching the Olive green saree on her shoulder. She turned to see Anita standing there. She was wearing a blue jean and black top.

“Ahhhh.. you are Abhi’s friend..” Samyuktha dragged trying to remember her name.

“Anita” She helped.

“Oh yes.. Anita” She smiled and continued “It has been long since I met you.. how are you doing?”

“Am good Ma.. how about you?”

“Good dear.. Are you in Bangalore?”

“Yes Ma.. Moved to Bangalore last week to work for the privileged SP Architects” Anita grinned.

“What? Really?! This guy didn’t tell me” Samyuktha exclaimed.

Abhinay turned to see his mother talking with Anita and stood half way. His Mom did not know that his past was Anita. According to her Anita was his college friend. ‘I should be careful.. This is going to be difficult’ he thought and walked towards the ladies.

Before Abhi could talk, his Mom exclaimed, “Abhi you didn’t tell me that Anita is working for you”

“Just happened last week Ma.. I myself didn’t know, Mithun recruited her”, his tone was flat and Anita wondered what he would have done he had interviewed her.

“Anyway.. come Anita.. have coffee with us” invited Samyuktha.

Though Abhi did not like it, he expected this from his Mom and did not say anything.

“That’s fine Aunty. You both carry on” she said.

Samyuktha forced her and the two walked towards Starbucks with Abhi following them. He was cursing his fate for having put him through this situation as they sat at a table. He asked them what they wanted and went to place the orders. Anita remembered the times they sat hours together in coffee shops.

She was terribly upset the day when Abhinay told her to address him as ‘sir’. Now looking at Samyuktha her hopes soared, maybe there is a chance through this woman, she thought.

Abhinay came back and sat at the table. Their table was at the farthest corner of the shop and Abhinay sat facing the entrance. His eyes caught Nethra coming inside the shop. She was wearing a blue jean and a red and black checked shirt. She has folded the sleeves till her elbows giving it a more casual look. This suits her too, he thought and he also wanted to slap his forehead. Though his spirits soared on seeing her, he was embarrassed because of Anita’s presence. His instincts did not want his love to see him with his Ex. He cursed his fate again more strongly this time as he continued seeing her. She walked slowly immersed in her mobile, typing something and at the same time a guy came towards the counter. He was looking back at his friends in a table and did not see Nethra. It was evident from their position and pace that they are going to collide on each other. Abhi was tempted to call her out, while a hand appeared from her behind and held her upper arms stopping her to let the other guy pass. Only then she looked up and muttered a sorry. Meanwhile the person who held her now walked besides her talking to her. It was clear that they came together. He was tall and handsome with broad shoulders. He had sharp features with wheatish complexion.

Abhinay was scared to even think about who that might be. He was scared to think of the options, ‘might be her friend, might be her relative, might be.. No nothing’ he stopped his thoughts. It was too painful to even think in that aspect. Abhinay watched as they sat a couple of tables before theirs. He was saying something and Nethra was glaring at him with mock anger. She again looked down at her mobile and the man snatched that from her hands and said something.

“Idiot..” he could hear Nethra say so and may be realizing that she spoke louder, she lowered her voice. She was showing he index finger at him threatening him, may be to give her mobile back.

Though most part of him was sad, angry and confused on seeing her with a handsome man, a part of him was admiring her. This was different Nethra. She was not wearing a professional mask. She was not cautious. She was just herself, not attempting to mask her expressions. She was happy and cheerful. Her face carried innocence. And, he was happy on seeing her like this. He looked at the man sitting across her. How he wished he was in that man’s place talking to her. He looked at his table, at Anita. He wondered what his fate had in store for him.

Nethra, while talking with Arjun, turned her head and her eyes caught Abhinay sitting there, staring at the woman in front of him. She also saw an elderly woman sitting near the other woman. ‘Even in the presence of an elderly woman, be it his Mom or her Mom or any other aunt, can’t he take his eyes off her?’ she thought sarcastically and brushed the thought, ‘it’s none of my business’ and she decided not to look in that direction and continued to talk to Arjun.

But, is it not the usual way how the human brain behaves? When you instruct it not to do something, it’s more tempted to do that again. Nethra’s gaze turned a few degrees right and saw Abhinay, who was already looking at her! The pacing time stopped as both the pair of eyes locked and they sat there held in each other’s gaze!

(Cont.)

3. aarthi28

aarthi28 Platinum IL'ite

Rajeni , that was a nice update. But have not got a clue on anita & abhi's depart.
    Who is arjun? looks like he is more smarter than Abhi? When will you make these two hearts to like each other soon?

4. sreeram

sreeram IL Hall of Fame

Happy to see you back after a long time. How are you doing dear? Hope you are fit and fine.

Good one dear, just loved the way you have narrated Abhi's feelings. Keep rocking Rajeni dear. Take care.

5. leenam05

leenam05 Platinum IL'ite

Oh ho, Netra & Abhi are playing aankh micholi. Loved the update. Pls post the next part soon dear.

6. Rampuri9

Rampuri9 Silver IL'ite

Loved this update after a long gap rajeni ...

7. stayblessed

stayblessed Platinum IL'ite

Hi Rajeni, nice to see an update after a long time. Hope you are fine. The update was very cool. But you stopped at the wrong place:smirk:

8. Yummymum2

Yummymum2 Silver IL'ite

Nice episode and very well narrated.

9. ammusatheesh

ammusatheesh Gold IL'ite

10. Deepu04

Deepu04 IL Hall of Fame

Beautiful episode rajeni... Waiting to read more