1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

You Are Missing In My Heart!

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by Rajeni, Jun 2, 2016.

1. peddadas

peddadas Platinum IL'ite

Are you planning to post one today??

--PS

2. Rajeni

Rajeni Moderator Platinum IL'ite

Tomorrow dear PS! Will try to post on alternate days..

3. peddadas

peddadas Platinum IL'ite

Oh Ok. No problem, Thanks !
    PS

4. 28neha

28neha Platinum IL'ite

:shakehead::shakehead::shakehead::shakehead::shakehead:waiting:shakehead::shakehead::shakehead::shakehead::shakehead:

Rajeni likes this.
  5. sreeram

sreeram IL Hall of Fame

Good show dear. Fantastic narration. So Abhi's past is Anita.... what about our heroine....

Next update please dear

Rajeni likes this.
  6. aarthi28

aarthi28 Platinum IL'ite

Priya... You never miss any stories and I could find your comments.
    But when is your next story dear.....

Rajeni and sreeram like this.
  7. sreeram

sreeram IL Hall of Fame

Hi Aarthi dear, that's so sweet of you. No idea coming up dear. I will start penning as soon as i get some idea dear...

8. leenam05

leenam05 Platinum IL'ite

waiting waiting :BangHead::BangHead::smash2::smash2:

Rajeni likes this.
  9. Rajeni

Part 6

Nethra was at her work desk immersed in the monitor screen choosing color themes for a living room when her mobile phone rang. She ran her eyes over the screen to see the caller name. It was an unknown number. Wondering whom it might be, she attended the call and said “Hello..”

“Hello Ms. Nethra.. This is Abhinay”

“Abhinay?” her tone was confused. Her mind flashed Abhinay’s face from their meeting and she was wondering why he called her.

Abhinay took that as she did not recognize him and a cloud passed over his face which reflected in his voice, “Abhinay Prithviraj from SP Architects” he clarified with a more authoritative tone.

‘So what should I do for that’ she thought sarcastically while her mouth said “Of course, I do remember.. tell me”

The ‘I do remember’ added a few watts to his face which was already glowing hearing her voice. “The first level electrical plans are ready.” His heart pleaded him to tell her to come and collect it “Shall I mail you that? Do you need any further details?” he asked

Nethra hesitated for a moment and said, “I think it would better to meet either Mr.Madhav or someone from Adithya groups to know the expectations before we start”

“That’s a good idea. I will check with him” he assured. His lips parted in a wide grin while his heart soared on the opportunity to meet her.

“Thank you..” She concluded.

“See you soon” he ended the call while Mithun walked in and found him with the grin on his face.

‘Is he blushing?’ Mithun raised his eyebrows with a mixture of both surprise and shock. “What a surprise.. MD sir is very happy it seems” he commented.

“Nothing da Maabhi.. was just talking to a friend.. you tell me” Abhi managed.

‘Friend?! Now that’s fishy!! Who is that mysterious friend whom I don’t know? Play along the lines Mithun.. else this fellow will become careful..’ he thought and continued “Nothing da.. the plan is ready for Adithya’s hotel.. Do you wanna check before we send them to Karthik?” he asked.

Abhinay was a little hesitant. What explanation could he give Mithun for his micromanagement in this project. “I just spoke to the designers da.. They just want to discuss with Madhav before beginning the designing..” he stopped.

“Oh.. did you speak to Karthik? He just called me check the status?” Mithun’s face was confused.

“No.. I spoke to the other girl whom Karthik said would be working in this project..” Abhi said casually in a purely business-like tone.

“Oh is it? But we already have their requirements right? Why don’t we just pass on that?” asked Mithun.

“That’s very high level da.. its better if they themselves discuss it.. we wouldn’t be blamed for any communication gaps” Abhinay explained.

“Oh ok da.. you check with Madhav and progress that. Meanwhile I am working on the reqs for that Aparna’s new apartments. Will catch up with you on that later” Mithun informed as he walked away.

Abhinay spoke with Madhav and called Nethra back. Nethra answered the call on seeing the same number, “Hello.. Sir”

“Hi.. I have an appointment with Madhav for 11:30 AM tomorrow.. is that fine?” he asked.

“sure.. where should I come?” she asked.

“Adithya groups head office, Domlur” he said.

“Ok, I will be there.. whom can I contact when I reach there? Is someone from your office will be present?” she asked.

“Me,” came the reply and Nethra was a little surprised. ‘Why is the MD himself getting involved in the design discussions? Is this project that important to their firm as well.. anyway better that someone accompanies’ she thought and left it at that.

Abhinay parked his black Honda accord and while he was opening the door to get down, he paused and checked his reflection in the side mirror. He laughed at his own act and said to himself, “Abhi.. if you carry on the same way.. you will soon end up in an asylum.”

He walked inside the building and saw Nethra waiting in the reception area. She wore a knee-length black lace kurthi and black cotton pants. The transparent full sleeves showed her fair arms under the floral patterns. She was browsing through the pages of a weekly magazine with disinterest and as she flipped the pages her long oval gun metal earrings with one large black pearl at the end, swung touching her jaw line every now and then.

Abhinay wanted to just stand there and see her like that. He slightly shook his head and walked towards her.

“Hello Ms. Nethra.. waiting for long?” he spoke.

“Hello.. sir.. nope.. just came in 10 minutes before” she answered as she raised from her seat.

He walked to the reception, spoke with the receptionist. Nethra noticed how the receptionist’s manner changed while talking to Abhi. Her face lit up and she was smiling a little too much. Nethra could see that she was very much eager to help him.. very much indeed! She thought. She turned and saw Abhinay. He stood there straight in a maroon and black checked shirt and black trousers, his 6’1” frame towering her. His dense black hair framing his broad forehead, his prominent eyebrows which almost joined at the center complementing his complexion, his steel eyes like magnets, his straight sharp nose and his firm square jaw adding to his tough and confident nature. No wonder she is over caring, she thought and was immediately shocked by her thinking.

In a min, he returned and signaled Nethra to sit and sat on the sofa at her side saying, “He is yet to come it seems. We have to wait..”

Nethra went back to her boring magazine browsing while Abhinay sat there commanding all his self-control not to look at her. After 5 minutes, Madhav walked in and came straight to Abhinay.

“I am sorry Mr.Abhinay for making you wait.. Something unplanned came up” he said

“Not a problem sir. This is Ms. Nethra, interior designer from Interno” he introduced.

“Oh.. Hello Ms. Nethra.. Nice meeting you.. Abhinay told me that you wanted to discuss about the designs before getting started. Glad that you prioritize our preferences” he said cheerfully.

“Thank you sir..” She smiled.

Madhav took them to his room and Nethra inquired about his preferences on how the hotel interiors should look and the discussion progressed. They all stopped as they heard a knock on the door and a man in his thirties entered without waiting for anyone’s permission. He was of medium frame with 5’10’’ height and an extremely fair complexion. His eyes were on Nethra from the moment he entered the room. ‘She is more beautiful that she was in the cctv camera’ he thought.

“Hello Dheeraj.. please come” Madhav welcomed the new one and said “he is Dheeraj, our MD’s son.”

“Hello Mr.Dheeraj..” Abhi extended his hands and that is when he turned towards Abhinay and shook his hands with disinterest.

“Hello sir” said Nethra and Dheeraj extended his hand towards her. Nethra shook his hands and Abhinay could she from Nethra’s face that the handshake was not very professional. His steel eyes turned spears piercing the new man, he wanted to break his wrist, but Dheeraj was not paying any attention to Abhinay. As Madhav was explaining the purpose of their visit, Dheeraj’s eyes were still grazing Nethra. Nethra sensed his intentions and was growing very uncomfortable.

“Oh that’s interesting! I would love to know how things are progressing. Let’s continue the discussions” Dheeraj encouraged.

“Oh why not..” while Madhav was saying Abhinay interrupted. “Oh that’s very unfortunate for us Mr.Dheeraj. We have another appointment” He said, a relief passed over Nethra’s face.

“You can carry on Mr.Abhinay. We shall continue the discussions with Ms.Nethra” he persisted, eyeing Nethra from the corner of his eyes.

Abhinay wanted to break his jaw and take Nethra away, but he didn’t want to throw away the entire project for this one jerk. “It’s Ms. Nethra who has an appointment Mr. Deeraj” he said instead and continued talking to Madhav.

“Ok sir, I will reschedule our meeting” saying so, he signalled Nethra, “Shall we move?” and let her walk first towards the door and followed her.

Nethra let out a slow sigh of relief once she was out of the room. She could clearly understand that Abhinay helped her noticing Deeraj’s behavior.

“Thanks a lot sir” she said. Abhinay raised his eyebrows in surprise and said “Not a problem. Actually, am sorry, I had to lie that you have an appointment” he smiled.

“Poimaiyum vaimai iddaththu” she said quoting from the Thirukkural meaning, even falsehood has the nature of truth, if it confer a benefit that is free from fault and smiled.

Abhi chuckled and said “That’s great! Abhinay is living by the ways of Thirukkural”

“One of the Thirukkural among 1330” Nethra corrected him and bit her tongue. She was shocked on how easily she could get along with this person who was almost a stranger. She reminded herself to be careful.

Abhinay laughed on her comment and walked towards his car. He suddenly stopped and asked her, “Shall I drop you at your place?”

“No thanks. I will take care” saying so, she nodded her head and walked towards gate.

Abhinay pursed his lips and shook his shoulders and walked towards his car.

(Cont.)

10. Rajeni

Sorry dear Neha.. for having kept you waiting.. had a few guests over the weekend. Posted the update, let me know ur FB :)

Update potachu Priya dear.. Thanks a lot for the super FB.. :)
    Haha.. you are both breaking your head :)BangHead:) and my head :)smash2:) right? Waiting over.. read the update and lemme know dear!