1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Yoga clothes!

Discussion in 'Clothing & Apparels' started by reshna, Aug 21, 2005.

1. reshna

reshna New IL'ite

I recently went shopping in one of the main streets in London. In one such shops, I saw a separate section dedicated to Yoga clothes!

As we all know, Yoga can be perfectly done wearing our normal home dresses. Many of these American and British clothing companies are coming up with these new ideas so that we buy more and more clothes. Some of these "Yoga" clothes are not very different from the regular ones. Crazy!

2. ankita_chitnis

ankita_chitnis Bronze IL'ite

Pregnancy dresses

Hi Reshna,

That is true. I came to the US and saw a whole collection of pregnancy dresses for the first time. American companies are trying to make minor differences and brand them as lifestyle dresses. If you start spending on those types of dresses, there is no end. But that provides a good opportunity for us in India as well. If there is an activity or stage in life for which dresses are not designed yet, a talented dress designer can design and sell them to companies in the US!

3. sheetal

sheetal New IL'ite

Some stores..

This is very similar to the exercise clothing that we had back in India. But they are adding more and more activities to that list. I came across a few stores that specializes in selling all kinds of active wear stuff. Check them out if you are looking to buy some!

Danskin
    American Apparel
    Adidas
    Puma

Danskin seems to focus exclusively on women clothing.

Shtl

4. srirangani

srirangani New IL'ite

Anything in plain color and in cotton is perfect for doing Yoga. White is the best i assume. But ofcourse it depends on the individual also. I dont think selling Yoga clothes as such is much useful. Its just to make more business.:(

5. pavithrasriram

pavithrasriram Bronze IL'ite

hi all,
    well i think its one of the technique's to sell clothes!i think track pants or capris and t-shirts are comfortable for yoga and training purpose!!!!
    regards
    pavi

6. ritaroy

ritaroy Bronze IL'ite

I prefer casual cotton salwar kameez for yoga

Love

Rita

7. amihere

amihere Platinum IL'ite

I do Yoga in my 3/4th track pants and Tshirt....I even do in salwars...all this idea of particular dress for doing each and every thing is just crazy to push up markets...

8. ALPA

ALPA Platinum IL'ite

i too wear my jogging suit andt shirt and do yoga at time , all you need is a compfortable apparel but you see these people needto market nad make money and they target us WOMEN as we spend on dressing
    love
    alpa:cheers

9. ritaroy

ritaroy Bronze IL'ite

you are right ALPA.

Love

Rita