1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Yes! I’m Romancing..so what?!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by SARASVADIVU, Sep 7, 2011.

1. SARASVADIVU

SARASVADIVU Silver IL'ite

One of my ex-students,Divya,- right now doing her U.G. in a reputed University – had sent me ‘Teacher’s Day wishes’.

Then she came through ‘chat’ in face book.
    After having exchanged pleasantries, she asked me a question..for which, she really was curious to know the answer!

This was her query:
    Ma’am, how come..you tend to go emotional..almost berserk whenever you talk about your Ma…?
    How is it possible at all ma’am?’

What kind of answer do I give her.
    (Even I still do not know whether I had answered her right!!)
    This is what came gushing out of my heart:
    ‘Dear My gal, I’m going to ask you something private..be prepared!’

‘Just rewind and go to the times you were with your lover;-{actually she was in love with her class-mate, of which her parents too had given approval.She would be walking down the aisle..just about in a few months!!!}

Think of all the ‘sweet nothings’ you’ll had spoken to each other..the gift he had given you on your birthday..and also-

‘Ma’am…and also??’

‘And also the kiss...that he planted on your rosy lips!!!’

There was a lull of about a few seconds!!

Then she broke the silence and asked me..’Ma’am are you crazy?! Why do you want to talk about all these..I don’t understand..and in what way is this connected to OUR conversation?’

May be she was right as well.:)
    But..otherwise how do I explain her in a way that she would fathom?

‘Divya, tell me..didn’t the very thought of your 'lover cum would-be',..make you blush?

The more I had asked about him..the more did you not go emotional...as if almost berserk???’

‘Ma’am’…
    ‘Just say ‘Yes’ or ‘No’ Divya’.
    ‘Yes, ma'am it was such...'

‘It’s the same way for me too dear'.
    When it’s been possible for you to romance your lover.. to tend to go berserk..just at the very thought of him....
    Why cannot I ROMANCE MY MA, Divya????

Why shouldn’t I long for Her for an Eternity, just as you for your lover, dear??
    After all both the expressions do come under one nomenclature-i.e. LOVE!

For a moment she was dumb-struck!
    I thought she had gone offline and was about to log off.

But in a few moments there was a message from her:-

‘Ma’am I had to go away for a certain while as your answer left my whole being shaking.

Me, a person, who always criticizes prayers and the associated rituals, was for the first time in tears..!!
    Hats off to your devotion ..oops! sorry,.your Romance with your Ma!!!!’

That’s simply the power of my Ma!
    ...having moved a young college-goer- who does not believe in God- to tears.

I turned off the system and retired to bed with this small prayer:-
    ‘Thank you MA….
    Keep me in your Loving embrace and may I be blessed to 'Romance' you my Kanamma forever and ever and ever!’
    -Saras.

2. ravi815

ravi815 New IL'ite

Dear Teacher,

You can respect and love your Ma. Alright. But the simili is not 100% correct. Romance with a boy friend and love for the mother are poles apart. Am I right teacher?
    ravi

3. SARASVADIVU

Hello ravi,
    At the outset thanks for dropping by!

Even as I type this I am looking at Her and doing it:
    My intention is not to mar that pure love we have for the Almighty!

According to me Yes! one can love his/her God{ddess} and that straight-out-of-the-heart love is as good as any mantra!!!!and yes I am in love with my Ma! So what?!
    Ravi,to my student her lover would be the whole world..isn't it?

Similarly it's my Ma for me..otherwise..if I had to quote the Vedas or the Brahma Sutras or given a big lecture she would not have fathomed the answer.
    So, I had to use a down-to-earth metaphor, something on the lines of the love that's dear to her!!!

Moreover, Mr.Ravi..love -whether be it, of a human, or the Almighty-will surely be on a pedestal if it's from the heart and true.Even the burning passion inside a person to achieve something worthy, also does fall into this category.

And of course these are my views and I don't thrust them on anyone!:)
    Anyways, thanks for coming in and do read my other blogs too..and feel free to comment upon them as well. Thanks.
    Saras

4. nihasvin

nihasvin Platinum IL'ite

Dear Sarasji , I know how much you love Ma and i can understand what u said to ur student..I m sure they can understand once they grow a little old..Now they are young students mostly enjoying their college life without much worries..Your love is like a pure child love toward mother :)

5. SARASVADIVU

Dear Nihas,
    Your reply was definitely soothing as for a moment I was in confusion whether this blog would be accepted ..mean the metaphor here!!!!
    But..such a reply laden with clarity..seem to be coming from a youngster like you..has totally relieved me from such concerns or worries.
    Thanks a lot for the understanding!
    Saras.

6. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Dear Saras,
    I have been crying hoarse all these years that we should love God in the same way we love our beloved. Not that kind of habituated, boring relationship between people who have been married for a few years but the flame of love that exists between two young things during courtship. In fact I devoted two whole chapters on this in my book Vallamai Thaarayo.
    There is nothing called "pure love" and "impure love" saras. If a boy loves a girl for her money or if the girl loves him for his job in TCS, then it's not love but a marriage strategy.
    Love does not expect anything. Love does not weigh the pros and cons. Love does not hold or bind. And love does not even bother whether it is reciprocated.
    That way our love for God in general is more sullied than the romantic love happening between two young things.
    A very good blog, Saras. A very apt comparison.
    love,
    sridhar

7. AkilaMani

AkilaMani Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Saras,

You sure did move me to tears with your love/romance!! What intensity and devotion!! May you always be in such state of pure love with Her!!

Akila

8. Malar2301

Malar2301 Gold IL'ite

Dear Saras,

Well Said...many of them think or assume that love is meant only for the lovers. Definitely not...it is a common one that can be between mother and child, between friends, between a sisters and brothers, etc.

I really liked the way you portrayed your pure love towards your MA...I think your MA should be so proud of having you...I have never seen a person in real life...very much dedicated to God...that I feel you are crazy about her...sorry if I had mentioned anything wrong.

Great blog Saras...as usual.

9. SARASVADIVU

Dear Sir,
    Your fb has been extremely soothing for two reasons:
    One, is that I had tried emulating your 'School of thought' in regard with love..
    Two..coz I was totally worried about the 'metaphor' used..which also fetched me criticisms as well!!:)
    But, all said and done dear sir..it has only brought out my formidable love for my Ma; and your visit has only gone to enhance this more.

>A very good blog, Saras. A very apt comparison.
    Thank you so much sir for those kind words and your profound thoughts on love as well.
    Regards & love,
    Saras

10. SARASVADIVU

Dear Akila,
    I seriously take your words as if being told by HER:bowdown:)
    So..am not going to thank you...instead I'll do one thing-keep you in my prayers, Akila.
    Saras