1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Yellow Stone National Park best way to reach

Discussion in 'Indians in Utah' started by advitha, Feb 5, 2010.

1. Happysoul1234

Happysoul1234 Gold IL'ite

yep glacier park is another msut visit. we went there last memorial day weekend and really enjoyed it. it probably is a 6-8 hour drive from yellowstone.

if you cant make it to yellowstone in april you might consider another set of parks to visit. here is a trip we did on thanksgiving a few years ago.

Day 1 - Drove from Bay Area to Vegas. Just slept at night there at a motel.
    Day 2 - Drove from Vegas to Zion National Park. Spent about 1/2 day there and drove to Bryce Canyon Park. Slep the night at Bryce Canyon.
    Day 3 - Did Bryce Canyon and then drove to Arches National Park. Stayed overnight at arches.
    Day 4 - Did Arches national park, drove to Utah/California Border and stayed overnight.
    Day 5 - Drove back to Bay area.

Ofcourse with kids, the itinery may take a bit longer. But Utah has some awesome parks! Check this out. You could try flying into denver and then renting a car to cover the parks.

Utah

Or if you want to go close to bay area I suggest lava beds national monument park. (Lava Beds National Monument - Operating Hours & Seasons (U.S. National Park Service)) it has all these caves and stuff made by flowing lava hundreds of years ago and I'd imagine a 6 year old will really like it. You can combine it with a trip to Lassen Park, which is kind of a mini-mini yellowstone. But this park only opens in june I think. (Lassen Volcanic National Park - Winter Road Closures (U.S. National Park Service))

California

You could also do sequoia/kings canyon or yosemite/devils postpile/mammoth.

2. advitha

advitha Silver IL'ite

Pooja,

Its good to have this detailed itinerary from you :thumbsup

We have been to yosemite, sequoia etc. Zion national park is also in our list for someday. Since we read this book about Yellowstone both me and my DD wanted to visit the park.

Right now I'm keeping my options open for spring break. Trying to see which is better place to visit for this early spring :)

-Uma

3. advitha

advitha Silver IL'ite

Sure Nands. Nee sonna saridaan ;-)

I have this urge to visit yellow stone and glacier NP that's why started to plan now itself. If it's not possible for spring I would definitely think about summer.

-Uma

4. advitha

advitha Silver IL'ite

I'll definitely.

The reason I want to visit both is, I'm not sure about next chance of me going there. I'll consider the fact that it will add up another 2 to 3 days for glacier NP. With that we'll try to plan it out.

Ananya is already excited by hearing me talk about yellow stone trip to my husband :) Waiting for D day.

-Uma