1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Yeh Dil Mange " Mor "

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Kamalji, Nov 26, 2017.

1. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Yeh Dil Mange “ Mor”

I live in a bunglow in Jaipur. Nothing great , bunglows are common in small cities. We shifted to Jaipur in 1980, from Mumbai, and made this bunglow from scratch.i am in Mumbai right now.

Yesterday my brother sent me pictures , of 8 eggs of peacock, laid out on the ledge of my window with dried leaves as the cushion for them. Brother discovered them by mistake, while getting the garden cleaned as well as the ledges. Here is the pic.

Everyone is excited and as the news spread, people said u guys are lucky, this will bring good luck, as the folklore goes. But will they survive the army of cats that move in my lawns? There is a family of 3 cats , growing fatter by the day, and we are just hoping they don’t let their paws and jaws on these eggs.

Jaipur is nothing short of a zoo. We have monkeys coming over by the dozens, peacocks parrots and sparrows, coming over to eat the grains we put on the boundry walls, and it is heaven to sit sipping tea in the morning 0outside, and hearing the chirping of the birds.No crows , we miss them.

Monkeys come less these days, once a month or so. Once my pomerian dog naughty barked at them , and the bugger got so angry he came down and slapped him a few times and ran, naughty did not know what hit him and ran straight in the house.

When we had shifted in 1980 to Jaipur, our rented bunglow, we used to dry clothes on the wire in the lawns.in those days they would come f requently in our area, break a few flower pots, take our clothes and scoot to the nexdt bunglow , where some they would drop, pick their clothes, and off to the next, and so on.

Soon we would see the neighbours whom we did not know,going house to house, with the clothes the monkeys had dropped, asking whom these b elonged too. Well undergarments were also I n the clothes, and it was embarrassing really to pick yr undies and bras, and they choosing their clothes and undies too.

Soon we came to know which neighbouring lady had which size, and whether she has classy brands or the local undergarments ! And thus we neighbours became friends, thanks to the monkeys.

A friend of mine had a scary tale to tell. His cooler had gone for repairs, and there was a g aping hole in t he wall. Well, a monkey came in, and slept on the bed.My friend entered the bedroom at night, wanting to hug and surprise his wife, did nit put on the light,undressed, and hugged his so called wife.He felt something strange, how come she is so hairy he thought as he ran his hands over her, as most married couples do.

Suddenly he remembered his wife has gone to her mom’s house, he got a shock and as he put on the light, and he ran the fastest mile ever in that state of undress.We howled as he told us this story, and we still rib him about it.But he still is unable to remember if the moneky was male or female.

Elephants are another story in my next part, used in weddings still.If u like this let me know, then will post part two

KAMAL MAHTANI

2. shyamala1234

shyamala1234 Platinum IL'ite

Dear Kamalji,
    Laughing and laughing at monkey's pranks.
    So, friendship can be made through monkeys also! Never knew that before!
    8 peacocks roaming in the lawns would be a beautiful sight. Adopt all of them. You can see them dancing also! I am sure they would definitely bring good luck to you.
    Enjoy nature and animals in the middle of urban setting....lucky you are!
    Post part 2 also please.
    Syamala

Kamalji and Thyagarajan like this.
  3. GeetaKashyap

GeetaKashyap IL Hall of Fame

@Kamalji,

Should I treat this article as an advertisement and indirect invitation to visit Jaipur? Please let me know, when is the right time to visit your place and see all those beautiful peacocks? Yeah! I have heard so much about shopping in Jaipur too! Chalo Jaipur!!!

Kamalji and satchitananda like this.
  4. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:Two things are quite clear. One - Size matters in friendship especially with neighbours.
    Two. Monkeying with so called ladies dangerous - naked truth.
    Instead of monkey now we can anticipate elephant baby on mattress next!
    Heartfelt thanks for rib tickle laughter.
    Regards.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2017
    Kamalji likes this.
  5. Jeeves

Jeeves Silver IL'ite

6. Jeeves

Jeeves Silver IL'ite

Wish I were there in Jaipur to see the peacocks ! You should post a picture of the peacocks here..is it possible ?

Never a dull moment for you Kamal :banana:

Thyagarajan and Kamalji like this.
  7. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:Besides 8 peacocks in strut, post also the monkey that indulged ....
    Regards.

8. SCSusila

SCSusila Gold IL'ite

Hilarious !

And ofcourse , please do post Part 2 ....and part 3 too , in case any other species turned up by that time .
    Ye dil definitely mange more and more of the Jolly Jaipur stories

9. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear sy,
    Yes in small towns like jaipur,things are like this.i enjoy nature glad u liked
    Regards Kamal

10. PushpavalliSrinivasan

PushpavalliSrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Dear Kamalji,

Glad to read a hilarious post from you after a long time! It is really a blessing to live in a small city with it's natural beauty of fauna and flora.
    As you are now in Bombay you must be missing those beautiful scenes.
    PS

Last edited: Nov 28, 2017
    Kamalji likes this.