yeast infection

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by goldenrose, Feb 14, 2012.

1. goldenrose

goldenrose Senior IL'ite

I had yeast infection on my 1st trimester, I used monistat as per my Gyn. During 17 week of my pregnancy again i had the problem, I saw yeast infection in my Virginal wall.I used Monistat for 3 days, Now im in 22 weeks, I can see very light yeast infection ( white color) in my virginal wall. What can i do. Im not feeling to take again Monistat, Any body facing the same problem,

I feel bad frequently im getting the same problem, Is that common for most of them, Or only for me. Is there any home remedies, like food or medicine. Please give me your suggestions. Im not able to find any medicines by myself. This i cant discusses other than you and my gyn, And i dont think home remedies can be given by my Gyn, since we are in US. Please Ils help me:drowning

2. lucky2

lucky2 Platinum IL'ite

have more water n take curd more frequently...increase in water intake n use of monistat wud really help...i had the same prob in 1st trimester,taking more water n use of monistat really helped me

3. srajitha

srajitha Silver IL'ite

Hi Goldenrose,

I got yeast infection when I was not Preg , my mom use to wash my panties separately and soak them in dettol for 30mins and every time when I used the washroom(even to urinate) i use to wash myself. That really helped me.

Love Raji

4. Ballereena

Ballereena Bronze IL'ite

Wash yourself with diluted version of Hydrogen peroxide liquid which you can get from any medical store. Mix equal portion of water and hydrogen peroxide and wash your yourself everytime you use the restroom that will help clear the infections.

5. magicworld

magicworld Bronze IL'ite

goldenrose,
    even i had the same problem and my doc gave me medication for it. try using mild baby soap to wash those areas and eat yogurt and also try to cut down sweets.

6. goldenrose

goldenrose Senior IL'ite

thank you for your reply. I use to drink 3 liters of water every day. But im not using yogurt quit often. I use tissues whenever i urinate. I will stop taking sugar everyday.

7. Subhaganesh

Subhaganesh Gold IL'ite

i am six weeks pregnant i too have same problem......
    i have UTI and doctor told if i take antibiotics for that i may get yeast infection ...
    i am taking lot of water and yogurt....

8. tashidelek2002

tashidelek2002 IL Hall of Fame

Besides the curd, do drink unsweetened grapefruit juice. It is a yeast killer. Go off all sugar for some weeks. Also, some yeast infections that keep coming back are due to some yeast problem on your male partner so he might need to be checked.

9. sujisaran

sujisaran Silver IL'ite

hi friends

for yeast infection main thing don't take sugar nd sweets, take plenty of water and lot of yogurt , in yogurt its having lot of bio culture will helpful for come out yeast infection, and don't take too much of hot baths . it will help you alot