1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

Yanni, The Greek

Discussion in 'Music and Dance' started by Cheeniya, Nov 2, 2019.

1. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Who knows Yiannis Chryssomallis? But just say Yanni and we roar in delight. This 65 year young man continues to enthrall music lovers the world over.. Yanni continues to use the musical shorthand that he developed as a child, blending jazz, classical, soft rock, and world music to create predominantly instrumental works. At least sixteen of Yanni's albums have peaked at No. 1 in Billboard's "Top New Age Album" category, and two albums (Dare to Dream and In My Time) received Grammy Award nominations. Yanni's concert at Taj Mahal turned out to be a memorable event. A week from now that is on November 9th, he has a concert at Beijing, China.
    Let us now grab some Yanni's delight!

Nostalgia is one of my top favorites. Hearing this song, someone stated 'I grew up with his music. He made me believe that the world is so beautiful to live in..'

The Rain Must Fall is another great song. 21 million people have viewed it on the Web. 'Amazing to hear this video again and again and again.' says a fan and I say ditto!

Rainmaker is another Rain tune of his. 'Ohhh !!! That Woman's Voice !!!!' is from a fan about the lovely crooner. I say 'Me too' again!

Acropolis. Until the Last Moment. Another masterpiece of his. 'Not enough words to describe the magnificence of this musical piece' says a fan. How true!

Voyage (Live at El Morro, Puerto Rico) is a great piece again. 'Why are you so amazing, Yanni?' asks a cute fan of his. I have the same question!

Ladies and gentlemen, over to Yanni!

Rihana, Mistt, Rajijb and 1 other person like this.

2. Mistt

Mistt IL Hall of Fame

Uncle,
    It is my pleasure to know about another awesome music composer "Yianni". Wow! His concert had held at Taj mahal and whoever watched his performance was must lucky.:)
    I don't know anything about instruments but it makes me happy whenever I listen instrumental pieces. I liked all but " Nostalgia", "Rain must fall", and "Acropolis" are the my most favourites.
    Thank you, uncle for sharing your favourites.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 4, 2019
  3. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@Mistt
    My dear Mistt
    You have a fabulous taste for music. Music is all pervasive. I do not understand people who say that they love only a particular brand of music. It will be my endeavor to take ILites around the world of music. You will hear a lot more from me.
    Sri

Rihana and Mistt like this.