Wrong Food Combination

Discussion in 'Recipe Central' started by kalaipriya, Sep 27, 2016.

1. kalaipriya

kalaipriya Platinum IL'ite

i need to know from your experience what are the wrong food combinations that you come across eg: one should not have curd with non-veg, curd and milk together ......... if you know the reason also pls share here. Any website also will be helpful.

2. Suja9

Suja9 Silver IL'ite

I have heard from my Mom that curd and milk together will cause stomach upset. But I am not sure of curd and non-veg together, as in Chicken Biryani recipes, curd is added.

KashmirFlower and kalaipriya like this.
  3. iamsrihere

iamsrihere Platinum IL'ite

I have heard curd and fish

kalaipriya likes this.
  4. kalaipriya

kalaipriya Platinum IL'ite

Thanks for the reply ppl.....

5. dnormx01

dnormx01 Gold IL'ite

I have heard that we shouldn't eat urad dal and curds together. Also palak and tomato shouldn't be cooked together

6. KashmirFlower

KashmirFlower IL Hall of Fame

palak and tomato, if cooked together, there is chance that it may form kidney stones and should be avoided for people who already have that problem

Milk/curd and fruits together should be avoided, because, most of the fruits are citric and it makes it hard to digest. I used to eat banana and curd rice together, I used to get slight stomach ache after that , but I ate like that for decades. After listening from an expert I stopped that now. eat seperately with few hours gap.

I also heard from naturopathy doctor that cooked and uncooked foods should not be eaten together, like salads and fruits with main food. As different enzymes are needed to digest these cooked and uncooked food.

eggs and snake gourd should n't be eaten, something related sulphar, I don't remember.

Also in non-veg, liver and kidney portions of it, shouldnot be eaten, as they are toxic removing parts of the animal and it contains toxins in it.

dnormx01 likes this.
  7. dnormx01

dnormx01 Gold IL'ite