1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Worried My 6months Old

Discussion in 'Infants' started by powerpuffgal, Aug 5, 2016.

1. powerpuffgal

powerpuffgal Bronze IL'ite

Hi Ladies, my daughter is soon going to complete 7 months. She is a very active and happy baby. my b.feed supply is low. So we have started formula from her 2nd month onward.

For the past few days only her Neck support got better. Now my worry is that she is delaying to roll over (push ups). Even if am rolling her over she s resting her head after a while. Am trying to be strong but sometimes i couldn't stop worrying about this.

Friends and Family give me mental strength saying some babies take time. My MIL and her neighbors speak about it as a big thing and made me cry even though i spoke strong with them i couldn't stop worrying about this.

Please please advice me on this. Give me ideas and positive vibs. Please share your experiences with me.

2. powerpuffgal

So many views and no response... :( please share your thoughts

3. blindpup10

blindpup10 Platinum IL'ite

@powerpuffgal- Hi
    My DS was late in rolling it took him 4 months. The mistake that we had been doing is not letting him sleep directly on the floor. We always placed him from the crib to the bouncer. At an early 2 months parents should start placing babies on the floor.
    I don't know where you are, let your baby on the floor give your DD tummy time. Lay her on her stomach and put her favorite toys in front of her. Play with these toys.

Have you discussed this issue with your Pediatrician? What have they suggested? Are you doing everything your Pediatrician has suggested?

Bubbles and KashmirFlower like this.
  4. powerpuffgal

She is mostly kept on floor.. she will play with her toys, make noises and keep dancing... Paed suggested to give her more tummy time and few exercises. Co sleeps with me in bed at nights. He also said to check after a month..

5. blindpup10

blindpup10 Platinum IL'ite

@powerpuffgal- Good that your DD is playing with toys and is kept on the floors. Dont worry some children are just slow.
    I am not sure if this link will open- but do try. There are lot of supportive stories of children of 6-9 month who have not rolled over.
    My baby is 6 mos and wont roll over...what should I do? | Mom Answers

My personal family story- one of aunt never spoke one word until she was 2 year old. This kinda had scared my grandparents and they had assumed the worse. But now.. jeez that aunt can't stop talking!!:lol:
    She is practically BBC of our family.

Please dont assume it is easy for me to tell.. but seriously if you are doing everything your Pediatrician has suggested. There is truly nothing to worry about and your DD will take her own course.
    I was in the same situation not too long ago. I can relate to what you might be feeling..don't worry..It will happen.. be positive.
    Avoid negative people. No use arguing or explaing. Hugs sweetie.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2016
    Bubbles and KashmirFlower like this.
  6. powerpuffgal

hi @blindpup10 so glad you replied.. I am going thro the link you have mentioned. Thanks a lot :kissingheart:..am going to bookmark it to give me some positive vibes.. :)

blindpup10 likes this.
  7. ranirm

ranirm Bronze IL'ite

What your ped is telling about that..dont give your ears to anyone other than your doctor hear..he would have told you if something is wrong..i know few babies who did not roll over at all

8. teejay

teejay Gold IL'ite

OP,
    My DS rolled over only by 4th month and so the Ped had asked me to continue giving him vit D drops (I started giving it few days after he was born). vit D helps with bone strength. check with your pead if that option should be explored. even otherwise, babies have their own timeline for doing things.dont worry. keep encouraging and give more tummy time

9. sugnav

sugnav Senior IL'ite

Hi @powerpuffgal ,
    I completely understand what you might be going through.
    My DD is 6 months old and hardly rolls over. Though she knew the trick since she was 5 months old, she is not inclined to roll overeven now.A lot of people whom I met would only ask about her development stages and I used to feel she is far behind.When she was 4 months old, I was worried and started giving her tummy time, she started lifting her head while on tummy after a couple of days and learnt rolling over by 5 months.

I mentioned my concern about occasional roll over with my paediatrician now and he is not concerned.

Each baby develops different skills at different pace.She might be developing other skills.
    Do have a discussion with paediatrician.

Bubbles likes this.
  10. chocolate

chocolate Platinum IL'ite

OP, Do not worry. Each baby develops at their own time. You don't have to worry. Its normal. Good Luck.