1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Worried For My Dad's Health - Tmi Health Info

Discussion in 'Parents & Siblings' started by ChennaiExpress, Feb 2, 2018.

1. ChennaiExpress

ChennaiExpress IL Hall of Fame

My Dad is dealing with various health problems. Some of them are improving, such as he can now eat on both sides of his mouth, taking preventive measures to slow onset of gum disease. Also thick toenails is improving with Vicks Vaporub.

However he has been prone to UTI fir past 30 years. Since Nov he noticed slight discomfort urinating and he thought problem world clear on its own.

It hasn't.

Tomorrow he got Dr appt. and hopefully Dr can prescribe Cipro (helped in past)

Whar bothers me is I forget the severity of pain he is enduring because I barely see him through the the work week, plus he tries to tolerate till it becomes intolerable and I have to find next available Dr appt.

I remember when I had painful urination because my then H roughly did intercourse with me. And he made it seem it was my fault. I was hiding the hell of this marrige from my consciousness, yet Dad was trying to open my eyes.

In other words, I can understand how debilitating urination can be when there is infection, yet my Dads pain and suffering was in a poof of smoke because of other short-term burdens.

For instance I am mentally and emotionally exhausted when I get home due to job probation period (I make myself paint during lunch else I'll just collapse) Then I have to hurry up and get other chores done at home.

Just feeling bad that I don't capacity to do more to make Dads suffering less.

I'm only hoping I can do my Dads taxes this year because it's gotten harder for him.

Hope he can truly count on me.

MonikaSG likes this.

2. MonikaSG

MonikaSG Platinum IL'ite

This time will also pass. Do as much as you can and please don't feel guilt of not doing more. You are already giving your maximum.

ChennaiExpress likes this.
  3. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

D-mannose supplements can help in some cases of UTI. There is one available on Amazon, Solaray d-mannose with cranactin (cranberry extract). Ask your dad's doctor if that is something he can take.

ChennaiExpress likes this.
  4. ChennaiExpress

Thank you @MonikaSG and @MalStrom

Appt went well. Based on clinical info Dr prescribed Cipro, plus ordered new set of urine tests.

In meantime we are looking for pure cranberry juice, or at least supplements.

MonikaSG and Archanaanchan like this.
  5. Sandycandy

Sandycandy IL Hall of Fame

You are such a loving and caring daughter ! Glad to hear your dad’s appt went well.

ChennaiExpress and MonikaSG like this.
  6. ChennaiExpress

I try my best :)

MonikaSG and Sandycandy like this.