1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

worried about his new victim

Discussion in 'Life Without Spouse' started by needhelp123, Jul 4, 2012.

1. needhelp123

needhelp123 Silver IL'ite

Came to know that he is going to get married by end of this year. Well, good for him but I am honestly worried about the new girl.
    We had just a mutual divorce as I wanted a quick and "painless" end. Now he and his family told all kind of crap about me and why our marriage failed ( of cause its all because of me!).

Now I am wondering if the new girl and her family should be warned about the true nature of my ex. I know it is only a matter of time that he will abuse her too :(

2. Hachiko

Hachiko Gold IL'ite

As you mentioned,he and his family told crapped about you and already ruined your reputation.Now no matter what you tell the girl,it will go unheard.You wont get your due and its going to hurt you further.So,better you concerntrate on your life and stop bothering about him. Let him marry whoever he wants to.You now,must focus on how to rebuild your life.

4 people like this.
  3. eandian

eandian IL Hall of Fame

If you do so.....
    1. The girl might believe you and escape.
    2. The girl might not believe you and tell your ex
    3. Ex might hurt you or attack you or your loved ones (Yes they can badmouth, we cannot)......Heard of this?....No good deed goes unpunished.
    4. Now you are feeling guilt for the girl.
    5. Later you might feel guilt that you stopped a wedding.
    6. He might look for yet another girl. You cannot keep stopping every alliance as he has decided to marry anyway.
    7. You might look like a vindictive person
    8. The girl's family had they been smart should have done some research and tried to find both the sides of the story and not blindly believed everything they say. It is basic common sense that each party will blame the other in a divorce.
    9. It will have more weight if someone else warns the girl family instead of you.
    Weigh all the options and then decide. Appreciate your heart going out for the other girl. You are a good person.

Edit: For the sake of clear conscience if you decide to warn her, try just once and dont go overboard. So plan your words and say it without any emotions, tears or bitterness...to make your one opportunity effective. A clear conscience is a good thing to have.

Be safe. Take care. God bless.

16 people like this.
  4. ivlakshmi

ivlakshmi Platinum IL'ite

Hi,
    Just because he ill treated u and bad mouthed about you , it does not mean that he will do the same thing with second wife.. Men behave differently with different women.. Later you might feel bad of him marrying another women..
    I have seen one collegue (guy) who beat his ex wife, spoke badly and finally divorced her.. Right after 3 mons he married another women and keeping her really well. He realised his mistakes.. I see my ex to be happily married second time (by seeing FB pics with beautiful second one and stuff)
    Do not take any step to warn her. It is her karma let her bear with it.

2 people like this.
  5. rose8282

rose8282 Platinum IL'ite

Why dont you drop an anonymous letter?I understand other's views and agree with them completely. But girls are naive and blindly follow parents' words (who either wash their hands off or are in a stage when they cannot do anything). It is the girl who has to face the consequences. I wouldnt want to be seen as advising the girl,but somewhere my heart would say just once if I had said it...so an anonymous letter,email,fb message...anything just to warn her.But you are not wrong to remain silent. Its not your duty to save her life. She should know what to do and what she is getting into.

2 people like this.
  6. Nandshyam

Nandshyam IL Hall of Fame

Only one question from your thread title? Victim. Was he or his family abusing you physically?

If the answer is Yes, then I would suggest you to somehow get in contact with her and tell her your story with proof.

If the answer is No, then my suggestion would be "It's none of your business"

4 people like this.
  7. zipzipzoomzoom

zipzipzoomzoom Gold IL'ite

I agree with the previous posters.

You are kind and considerate.

Tell the girl something like, "Trust but verify". Leave it at that. Everyone has their own karma. How she reacts is her karma.

1 person likes this.
  8. eandian

eandian IL Hall of Fame

FB message is a good idea....you can say everything without interruption or having to listen to hurtful things. But word your letter carefully as it can be printed and shown to others.

Abuse is the same whether it is physical or emotional. Both are of equal severity. The person undergoing that is a victim. You were a victim and it does not matter whether you were physically abused or emotionally abused.

And it was definitely not your karma that you ended up with that man. Nor is it the karma of the next girl. It is a case of misjudgement and lack of thorough research about the character of the guy.

Abusive guys might treat another girl better.... atleast initially and FB photos are never a true indication of what goes on in real life. In most cases, it is a facade and keeping up appearances to rub it in other's faces.

Cheer up OP.

3 people like this.
  9. flowerlady

flowerlady IL Hall of Fame

Dear OP,
    Stop stalking your ex H . What is the need to peep into other people's life and create problems for yourself? Obviously in a divorce the other partner is always bad.
    People change and try to tread carefully in second marriages so that it lasts.
    If tomorrow you decide to marry and your Ex tries to 'save' the guy from your 'clutches' then how would you react?

2 people like this.
  10. needhelp123

needhelp123 Silver IL'ite

Hi,
    thanks for all your replies.

What to do .. this troubles me more than I have expected. I could be simply happy that he has found an other fool and stay away from me forever.
    But the thought that someone is going to follow my footsteps is very upsetting.But I have ruled out the idea of warning her by myself as I know it won't be good for me to get involved in his matter for many reasons. I can't risk my and my families safety and peace one more time.

My father informed me that the girls family have surely heard what had happened to me but not willing to believe as they are already brainwashed by them.
    People believe what they want to believe. I did the same.So I tell myself that I am not responsible for others actions.

@Hachiko
    I was slowly recovering from all the past drama but this news brought back all the painful memories :(
    Yes, I must concentrate on my life and let go the past for good.

@eadian
    I have considered all the points you have listened down. 'Warning' her may clear my
    conscience but will create other big problems. I know him how he has treated me when he was 'in love'
    with me and I just don't wanna imagine how he acts now that he has a new sweetheart!
    And as I said the girls family is not ready to believe others...so nothing much I can do.

@ivlakshmi
    Don't get fooled by FB pics. I have also many pics with him where we look like a super happy couple.
    But these photos were taken just some days before or after he had abused me.
    I just wanted to convince myself and the outside world that all is well! But it wasn't it was just facade.

@rose8282
    yep, girls are at times naive fools! I know cause I was one too..
    I will think about sending anonymous message. But won't everyone just suspect the 'vindictive' ex?

@Nandhu
    Yes, I was a victim of physical abuse too. But I have no more proof as the visible bruises disappeared.
    Well, his family has witnessed the abuse but I doubt they will testify against him shakehead

@zipzipzoomzoom
    Thanks. But being kind didn't help me so much in life..
    I doubt an oneliner will have any impact on her.
    Regrading Karma, well I just hope that at the end everyone just gets what they deserve. But I don't believe that
    any girl deserve an abusive husband

@flowerlady
    I am not stalking him. My parents get these informations from different sources. And they also reveal these things to me.
    Sure I would be better off without these news.
    Talking bad about ex might be normal but here I am talking about blunt lies! It doesn't matter anyway as I have not expected
    anything else from him. That is why I highly doubt that he had changed! But lets hope and pray I am wrong...

1 person likes this.