1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

World Cancer Day - Feb 4th - Share Awareness and Prevention Tips

Discussion in 'Healthy Living' started by IL_Admin, Feb 3, 2016.

1. IL_Admin

IL_Admin Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

World Cancer Day is on Feb 4th and the motto for this year is We Can. I Can.

WCD2016.jpg

Cancer is one of the diseases that is comparatively easier to prevent than cure.

With Cervical Cancer and Breast Cancer on the rise, what are the things we can do to prevent Cancer?

Being Aware of the risks and dangers of cancer and how to prevent them is the first important step. Here are some links to help you get on speed about the most prevalent Cancers known to affect women:

http://www.indusladies.com/health/all-you-wanted-to-know-about-breast-cancer-part-1/

Cervical Cancer - Stages, Treatment and Prevention

Skin Cancer - Symptoms, Risks Factors and Prevention

And also watch Padma Vibhushan, Dr. V. Shanta debunk the common myths surrounding Cancer:
    Cancer Myths, Causes, Prevention Tips by Dr. V. Shanta

Checking for the safety of your plastic food containers, consuming food known to prevent Cervical Cancer and always using sunscreen are some of the easy steps that we can take. But we would like to hear your tips too

Let us all join on this World Cancer Day to share with the Community what each one of us are doing (or) going to be doing to keep Cancer at bay.

3 people like this.

2. vaidehi71

vaidehi71 IL Hall of Fame

3. Scorpio707

Scorpio707 Platinum IL'ite

Thanks for the links especially the video of Dr V Shanta.

Awareness is the key, basic information and knowledge comes a long way. My mom was diagnosed with breast cancer ( early stage ) in November, quick thinking and action from her part to discuss and getting tested helped in prevention from what could have been fatal if left unattended.

I do my part today by sharing the above details with my friends and relatives. Thank you.