1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

World Breastfeeding Week (Aug 1-7)! Let's Share Some Tips!

Discussion in 'Breast Feeding' started by Vasumathy, Aug 1, 2015.

1. Rajifas

Rajifas New IL'ite

Hi All,

I am unmarried but i seen my grandma preparing home remedies for my sisters to increase breast milk production. Here i share those remedies. Mostly, first-time mothers often worry about their supply of breast milk is adequate. Most mothers produce enough breast milk for their child but, at times some mothers are unable to produce adequate quantities. Here are few homemade remedies to increase Breast Milk production.
    1) Soak Fenugreek seeds overnight and heat this water with fenugreek seeds little warm filter the water and have it in empty stomach. Do it atleast thrice a week.
    2) Boil water with cumin seeds and have it twice a day or Mix cumin seeds powder to a warm milk with one teaspoon of sugar. Try this untill you get postive result.
    3)Garlic - Grate three garlic add it in one glass of water. Heat it until it reduce to one quarter. add one cup of boiled milk to it and boil it again. Then remove it from heat add one teaspoon of honey to it mix it well then filter and have this regularly during your feeding period.
    (If you feel tough to have garlic in this way... atleast try to add garlic rasam in your meal daily... don't go for garlic pickles.. since you are feeding mothers you are not advised to have heavy spicey or readymade pickles which is easily available in markets ....please dont do that).
    4) Almonds and cashew boost milk production.
    5)
    Having Masoor dhal regularly in meal is not only for milk production but it is high in milk production.
    6)Massage before starting to feed. This will improve the flow of milk.
    7) Go for green leaf vegetables, fruits and prefer to take carrot, beetroot often.
    8)Have Porridge like oats, broken wheat etc...
    9)Drink water often you feel thirsty.
    10) Don't take Stress.. Just relax... take rest, sleep well and eat well.

Enjoy your Motherhood
    :)

1 person likes this.
  2. nijo

nijo New IL'ite

1. until the baby turns 6 months breastfeeding is enough to prove all the required nutrients
    2. have lots of water, calcium supplements during breastfeeding