Workplace Problems

Discussion in 'Working Women' started by Sapna56, Jul 19, 2018.

1. Sapna56

Sapna56 Bronze IL'ite

hi all
    Back again to share some unpleasant things at work.
    it happens often that whenever i have one to one meeting with my boss, we get into kind of heated discussions and i will have bad day later.
    i will even keep thinking about it after going home and would think that i should have reacted this way or that way.
    Also as usual, i find my boss little weird. as she will tell some weird things and i will keep on thinking are these applicable to my behavior? why am i being told all this? am i the one who is doing this unknowingly?
    i often try to ask her to elaborate any such incident that is applicable to me and she will try avoiding that question.
    so i just keep on pondering and will have hard time thinking. as a reaction all my emotions will come out later after that.
    Example of one such incident. she indirectly told that conversation shouldn't sound like you are trying to teach other person. I kept thinking is it me? i asked her can you give me some incident that happened.she said its not about you or anybody in particular am talking about. (then why are you making me listen all this?)
    she did give one about me but she herself agreed to it saying that this won't be a valid example.
    i just don't know how to react and my peace of mind is affected after such conversations. i get demotivated and more confused.
    If i choose to be quite in order to avoid such conflicts, reaction would be i am not involving myself in discussion..
    if i express myself, reaction would be are you trying to teach someone.
    Let me know your thoughts on this.

2. peddadas

peddadas Platinum IL'ite

I was not clear about the situation you provided here. Let me try to answer, please see if it suits you:

Workplace and 1:1 meetings should be very professional unless an employee goes to his/her boss or HR for personal issues.
    If it is a performance evaluation meeting then it should be mostly confined to areas of improvement work/communications/time etc.,
    If it is regular 1:1 team improvement meetings then things should start with analyzing what was told last time and whether any improvements are made or not.
    If it is anything out of its scope then time to revisit process, try to see if you can get high level grouping of points as meeting agenda. For exp: Career Interests, Response time , Bug fixing time, Training, New projects etc.,

You also try to do some homework why is she/he getting really upset, it is just work and there will be only 2 outcomes for it : done or not done.
    See to it if she is getting offended or feeling insecure about your work style etc.,

Take things professionally. Have a written communication for each and every point you discuss and work.

Let me know if this does/doesn't help !

Sapna56 likes this.