1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Workout problem

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by shreepriya, Jan 9, 2012.

1. shreepriya

shreepriya Silver IL'ite

Hi all,
    I joined gym to maintain fitness first,as my muscles are very weak,
    and then for weight reduction(66 kg).
    But the day i started working out
    i was feeling very low after 20 min. workout.
    I couldnt do treadmill also,started feeling heaviness in my head,somewhat giddy
    after i started.I was feeling very much exhausted and low,
    (only one day i have gone to gym).
    The next day also i was feeling very tired,took one paracetomal.
    So its only 1 day i have worked out.Have anybody expereinced the same.
    I dont want to take any protein drink.I think i have very poor stamina
    which is why i cannot withstand even little workout.
    Can anybody pour some suggestions.

Admin Note: Following are some relevant threads on foods after workout. Do check it out

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/k...shape/196355-you-eating-right-food-after.html
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/k...hape/193400-what-eat-drink-after-workout.html
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/keep-fit-and-maintain-shape/131922-what-eat-drink-right-after.html

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2013

2. pman16

pman16 Platinum IL'ite

Give some time for your body to adjust to the new routine. I too feel giddy when i do treadmill for more time. You can switch to other cardio machines (elliptical) and see if you feel the same. Start with 5 mins first and then increase the time slowly. It will take time to build resistance and lose weight.

Have some good fast beat workout music which will pep up your mood. You should enjoy your workout else there is no point in going for it. I never go to gym without eating breakfast (and some time gap after that).

If you have any medical concerns, it is better to consult a doc about your queries.

3. vchelluri

vchelluri Gold IL'ite

Hi Shreepriya,
    Though it's common for everyone who visit the gym for first time not able to do the workout with ease leaving them tired. But seeing your symptoms like heaviness in head, giddiness, etc., I don't think it's not normal in your case. There is a possibility of having low haemoglobin level which may be the cause for your symptoms.
    Don't strain yourself much if the symptoms persist. If you have not been exposed to any type of physical exercise till now, it's better for you to start with walking initially. Go for a walk within the limit of your physical strength. Slowly your body gets accustomed to it and get enough physical stamin and then you can start jogging or skipping and then other exercises slowly. Check your haemoglobin levels once or consult a doctor for general checkup once to rule out your symptoms.
    And please don't go for protein drinks at all. Just try to include more veggies and fruits in your diet and go for wolemeal products instead of refined things and include lots of green leafy vegetables and decrease the quantity of oil and sweets and then start with walking initially as I mentioned above.
    If you can let me know your height and weight and your health status, your exposure to physical exercise till now, I can help you with more clear suggestion.

Regards,
    Latha.

4. amihere

amihere Platinum IL'ite

Hi Shreepriya, Take it slow at the start.Begin from the say 5 or 6 speed on treadmill.
    And in other machines use only resistance that you can do now. It will take a few days to build up the stamina. also before hitting gym ,make sure you eat something like a banana or have a juice(without sugar is great). But again atleast half an hour before gymming. Then once you are done with gymming and once you body coolsdown have a high protein food. It shouldnt necessarily be protein shakes. Have dry fruits, juice, egg white,veg sandwich or anything like that. This will help you in giving energy. Also carry a water bottle with you in gym. Sip water between workouts. Our body dehydrates easily during workouts which will result in muscle fatigue. Sipping water in between workouts ensures the body is hydrated well.

Slowly increase your intensity of exercise. Then give some days for your body to get used to that level.Then again increase the intensity. Thus you will increase your stamina too:) All the best.

5. shreepriya

shreepriya Silver IL'ite

Thanks all.
    Vchelluri-
    I am 5'1 and weigh 66 kgs.
    I havent done any workout before,
    thats why i think i am unable to do any workout.
    I go for a walk in the park,but that too not regularly.
    I walk with moderate speed only for 20~25 min which makes me exhausted.

Coming back,It took 2 days for me to completely recover from 1 day of gym session.
    What should i eat before leaving for a gym.
    Planning to take glucose water to keep me away from giddiness.
    Any food which is preferable to take after coming from gym.
    I take a very healthy diet with lots of fruits and vegeatables.
    I must go to gym to keep me physically fit.

6. vchelluri

vchelluri Gold IL'ite

Hi Shreepriya,
    As you mentioned, the reason for your symptoms at gym may that you are not exposed to workout till now and this is your first attempt.
    But my sincere advise is to check up with your haemoglobin levels once.

And coming to your diet suggestions before and after gym are it's better to have a carbohydrade diet before an hour or so of going to gym and have a protein diet after completing your gym. Not immediately after gym but let your body settle down from the exhaustion and then have a protein diet.
    The tips given my amihere will be useful for you. Drink sips of water in between gym as ami said above.
    For carbohydrate diet before going to gym, opt for wholemeal cereal diet or any carbohydrate diet with lots of fibre is best.

Latha.

7. shreepriya

shreepriya Silver IL'ite

8. shreepriya

shreepriya Silver IL'ite

My heart beats fast as i increase my speed in treadmill or cycling.Is it normal.
    I slowdown when its beating very fast and as soon i am back from gym
    I rest for a long time bcos of tiredness.Is it normal.