Working women make a difference than non-working women!

Discussion in 'Working Women' started by seeme, Jun 7, 2008.

1. Prettina

Prettina Gold IL'ite

Dear

This is the forum where we can share our views isnt it?

It may be negative or positive views.

And for your kind information I am unmarried and dont have any kids also :).

The title itself says " Working women make a difference than non-working women"

Its a comparison with the other and I donot find any fault in it.

And I didnot make any common generalisation or mean any offence.

I shared what I have seen in the world around.

Its a true fact.Everyone finds their work difficult but Working women has to take more efforts compared to the non working.

I didnt say that non working womens are lazy but they are relaxed can do their job without any hurry.Please dont mean in the other way.

Quote:
    <TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by Prettina [​IMG]
    Moreover working womens are independent No need of running behind a man for money because i have seen many man dominating women and not giving her money to spend.

Many men are so and always dominating womens(in India).rarely gents appreciate their wife.I have seen lots of examples.In this case also our views may differ.

Views are different for every individual.You cannot try to change others views.

Views depends upon the situations and surroundings that we have seen in our life.

Last edited: May 4, 2009
  2. ShardaSuresh

ShardaSuresh Bronze IL'ite

Pretina, you are welcome to express your views. But, I disagree with the comments you have made.

I was a working woman who gave up her job to stay at home for 5 years. I have re-joined the work force now.

Let me tell you, staying at home is very hard. As a working mother, we get an 8 hour break from child care. Maybe, you should observe a new mom and see how much she works with her child. This 8 hour break, all of us working moms enjoy cannot be under estimated.

Secondly, as a working mother we do have the luxury of having a cook and maid at home. That reduces a lot of stress from our daily life. Typical stay at home mom work harder to save money. They would rather make food from the scratch than buy read to eat products.

You said that working woman have higher self esteem than stay at home moms. This I agree with. A woman has to be blessed with a husband who really appreciates the hard work she does at home.

Last but definitely not the least, stay at home moms have more time with their kids. The quantity of time they spend transcends into quality. Some one in this thread gave an example of a stay at home mom who has spoilt her daughter. This might be an example of that particular mom, I am sure if she were working, she would spoil her daughter with the material things that her salary would buy.

Bottom line, I think a woman should always possess skills to be able find a job at the time of need , at the same time a working woman should keep her eyes open to negative side of being employed and have the modesty to quit her job if the situation demands.

2 people like this.
  3. supraja

supraja Bronze IL'ite

I totally agree with Lakshmivinoth....and i dont find any stupidity in duscussing this topic. one most important point to remeber is working women is finacially independent .... she will not feel insecure in certain issues ....2)In Decession making she can take a vital role and able to guide whole family members what to do and what not to do when moving socailly.....it does not mean that non working women are not socially up to the mark ...I believe it is the working women who work more than the non working women

4. orion80

orion80 Platinum IL'ite

Working woman or a non-working woman, how she manages her time depends on the woman herself. There are home makers who spend 24 hours in a day working for the family not only regular chores but also creative interests, sewing/embroidery, preparing a new dish etc and at the other end, there are ladies who spend most of their time gossipping or watching saas bahu serials.

Also in working women, there are ladies who manage their home and spend quality time with their children as good as non-working women and there are ladies who cannot do justice to either home or work. It depends on the individual woman's capacity to handle the work and the pressure.

Whether the woman can make a difference or not depends entirely on the woman. Working or otherwise... But yes, working and earning salary empowers the woman to stand up for herself.

Just my opinion..

-Lakshmi

2 people like this.
  5. nehausa

nehausa Senior IL'ite

INTERESTING TOPIC,,,,,..

i will conclude by saying......
    ..........................................................................................................
    WHICHEVER SIDE WAR IS LOSS IS ON BOTH THE SIDES...
    no matter we are home or working both ways we are at loss...
    ..........................................................................................................
    working women-------LOSS OF FAMILY TIME.
    non working women---LOSS OF FINANCIAL INDEPENDENCE
    TIMEPASS TOPIC...

1 person likes this.
  6. supraja

supraja Bronze IL'ite

Its not a time pass topic nehausa.....

7. orion80

orion80 Platinum IL'ite

:idea Optimistic view of the quote below:

Working women-------Gain Financial independence
    Home Makers---Lots of time to spend with family

-Lakshmi

8. kanmani

kanmani Junior IL'ite

Re: Working women make a difference in the society than non-working women!

Dear All,

This is an old discussion...but thought would give it a bump by sharing my 2cents about it.

I was a working woman (for almost 6years) "outside home". This was before my marriage. I couldn't work due to legal restrictions, immigration issues, etc. after marriage and moving away from home country. I got the family way - home, DH and a kid to be taken care of. Though it was enjoyable in it's own way, like many pointed I could give more quality time to my kid.

But somehow it felt like I am missing on the career part. Not doing anything productive everyday other than home making, child rearing, etc. Then I decided to work "from home" - started as a freelancer, then found ways and means to make money thro' outsourced jobs that I fend in many online sites. It did give a better feeling of achievement.

Felt like I make my own money, I make use of my education, work experience, etc.

Now, I am a working woman (of course from home) during the 1st part of the day (9am to 12 noon) when my kid and DH are gone. I am a non-working woman (home-maker and stay-at-home mom) the rest of the day. But I think I strike a good balance. I feel I make a difference in the society.

Irrespective of whether you work outside home or work from home or work only for your home, if you get personal satisfaction, you can and will make a difference in the society and in your home. Follow your dreams!

I enjoyed sharing my views in this discussion. Just boosted my morale :)

Regards,
    Kanmani.

2 people like this.
  9. Spiderman1

Spiderman1 Gold IL'ite

I believe the reality is folks will go between the two phases - sometime they may have to take a break in the work due to family situation, then they go back into the job market again etc.

If you have lots of dough, then you dont have to "work for a living" - rather you can follow ur passion for specific areas of work, set your own hours etc. But for the most people, this will be a tough choice always - to balance between work and personal life.

10. Nandshyam

Nandshyam IL Hall of Fame

Thanks for those who bumped this thread. Looks like I posted and never came back again and I see people including malathi ( am surprised ?!?) just stuck to the word, but not the actual meaning f the post.

For my defense, in this competitive world, it's quite gray to validate one thing over other unless someone has clearly seen everything involved in the equation. Thus to me it is not right to ask who's making more sense, input, devotion to the do society or to the family. To each it's own. As a civilized society we should respect everyone, no one is an inch higher or bigger than the other in any form of debate.

A home maker makes everything possible thus the partner earns. Without her nothins possible
    A working woman makes use of whatever education, learnt talent and is lucky to follow her passion outside her personal arena.

Both woman is doing so much to their family and this society.

To me it is terribly wrong to put them in a Balance scale and validate them.

Ciao.

Just my 2 nothings....

3 people like this.