Working women make a difference than non-working women!

Discussion in 'Working Women' started by seeme, Jun 7, 2008.

1. laxmi_subhas

laxmi_subhas Senior IL'ite

First of all I feel that its not a topic to be discussed with. I dont agree with you that non working work more than working woman.Every women has their own work. So may ahve more work ..some may not due to circumstances around..

Im a working woman of one kid who is 2 and half years.. I dont agree that I work less than non working woman.. I get up at 6 AM in the morning...From morning 6 to 7:30 I work at home..making breakfast..making child ready to go to school..etc...From 8 to 6..I work at office.. see I dont even rest in the afternoons..most of the non working woman do at home..I dont even get time to watch TV and have a cup of tea leisurely in the evenings except during weekends....After 6 to 11 again work at home..taking child to park..cooking etc..even in the nights sometimes Ive to get up for feeding my child..

whereas one of my colloeagues..she doesnt do anything at home making an excuse that she is a working lady..

whereas one more friend of my mine who is a non working lady..she doesnt sit even for a sec at home.. she doesnt even sleep in the afternoons..doing someting or other thing..interior decoration..surfing nets..learning delicious recipies, reading magazines,many things she will do..which i cantt do as a working ladycoz I dont get time..

That why I feel every woman has work.. Some do and some not..due to the circumsatances.. Its not that working woman has more work than non working or vice versa.. Its just depends on individual..

cheers

laxmi

2 people like this.
  2. ManuuRaghuu

ManuuRaghuu Senior IL'ite

Hi Seeme & All,

My opinion is that non working women too indirectly make a lot of difference to the society by taking caring of their family responsibilities..logically when one had decided to marry and start a family then why feel sorry or bad for having to take up family related responsibilities atleast initially....and for that if you have to stay at home why consider it as a sin...intially even i felt soo..then felt how silly i was trying to be...Even i thought that why cant men do the same...the male chauvinists...these days i bet many men are willing to take over women's jobs....provided women like men's ways of taking care of kids and house hold choresBig Laugh

And coming to the issue whether this yopic has to be discussed/not...my opinion is that it should be...in that way you will beBow to provide immense help to women like me...iam sure most of you who ever came here were at the similar juncture..i got married 22 months back and moved to USA... now prefer to be at home..but initially i had many conflicts in mind and was feeling quiet frustrated of not being able to work and sitting idle at home and that my life was getting wasted...but later on i learnt many things and now quiet contended and happy with my life...i didnt have a considerable group so that i can discuss the pros and cons of the life i was leading...last week i posted a poll regarding the same topic to discuss the positives and negatives of working & non-working women's lives and am quiet happy with the responses i received...it would be great if all of you can share your views in this thread and mine too..

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/weekly-quick-poll/29717-happiness-poll-working-women-families.html

Thanks & Regards,
    ManuuRaghuu

3. oaktree

oaktree Senior IL'ite

I totally agree with laxmi for the above quote. It is the circumstances and mental make up of that lady which determines how much work she doeses whether working or staying at home fulltime. Its hard to categories the hard work on the basis of holding a job or not. We can have lazy working women as well as lazy housewives :-D

Regards.

4. Induslady

Induslady Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Nandshyam,

I don't think it is fair for any member to comment on another IL'ites question as "stupid". We want all members to feel very comfortable discussing whatever there is in their mind without being judged for what they are asking.

Some members would know enough about a topic to feel that there is no discussion required. On those situations, it is better to leave the rest of the members to discuss rather than get into the discussion with a judgmental comment. Sounds doable?

1 person likes this.
  5. Lakshmivinoth

Lakshmivinoth Senior IL'ite

Hello Seemee

Its a good topic to discuss. Being a working woman myself, Let me share my point of view -

There is more of a self dependent feeling among the woman who works. Also, she is not involved in wasting her potential time watching these saas bahu serials or by getting involved in unproductive gossips happenings around the neighbourhood. Beyond anything, she is out of the "Family Politics" that happen at home usually. But YES, it is very very challenging to manage work & home simultaniously and maintain day-to-day going of both "Work" and "Home"

Where as non working woman are the "Home Managers". They take care of the home, family members and all the family chores. But at one point of time, they tend to feel that their life is getting monotonus. They need to find a way out of this feeling. They must utilize their free time in getting into some thing productive such as tailoring, painting, knitting...or they can involve in part-time or freelancing or even do baby sitting, take tutions etc. This will keep their mind busy.

I want to write more and more on this topic but I have cut short as it will get lengthy and boring.

1 person likes this.
  6. priyasree

priyasree New IL'ite

Hi,

I had both kind of life. I got married immediately when I completed my Engg Degree. So my first condition was I should work even if I get married since I studied very much hard in my school and college days to get good marks. My partner too agreed with my condition before marriage. After marriage I started trying for a job and it took nearly 1 year for me to get a job. So I have both houswife experience and now as a working woman expereience. According to me both were good.

By being a house wife I were able to do my family duties perfectly and cook whatever my family likes. My hubby used to come for lunch everyday and I used to watch TV and relaxedly try new recipies, snacks varieties. Used to do daily sing carnatic and devotional songs everyday.

By being a working woman I am getting a self satisfaction as I am contibuting financially for my family needs and feel happy I am applying whatever I studied in a productive field. Family also I am able to manage nicely. I don't know how it will be after having a child.

It all depends upon the individual's capacity to handle a situation.

Major drawback I find is it will be very difficult to meet parents if u r a working women. Difficult to plan to go to native with leaves and hubby should also get leaves at same time and if kids r there there should be vaccation for them too. All this happens if u r staying far away from ur parents. I am facing that problem regularly.

Regards
    Priya

7. shobhithak

shobhithak New IL'ite

If we rewind the years a couple of centuries back, we could hardly find any women working remote from their homes. Men make money for the financial needs of their homes and Women takes care of the Home Management. The roles were defined so by the society. In spite of the limitations of science and technology they had, people led a simple and contented life within their earnings.

With the advancement in technology, the scene got changed. Today, even though there are modern electrical applications & electronics gadgets which make our jobs easier, the complexity of our life has augmented due to the increased financial necessity of our families. This is where the new saga starts where Women decided to share the financial responsibility of the family and the so called “Working women” became apparent in the society.

Apart from the women who started to work out of the financial necessity, there are women who pursue jobs just to keep them occupied and expand the knowledge they acquired in their education discipline, thereby reaching their career objectives.

As rightly quoted by Laxmi and few others in the thread, it all depends on the individual (in view of her family circumstances) to decide upon whether she should take a job or not.

Cheers,
    Shobhitha

8. srilatharajesh

srilatharajesh Silver IL'ite

i dont find any stupidity in duscussing this topic. it is vital to know which is better for women
    1, working women is always dependent on somebody during their office hrs to take care of their kids
    2, even if they have somebody they have ther own doubts whether they will feed the kid properly. take care of their needs. safety etc etc
    3, definitely one morning or the othet they will feel why at all we shud go for work.

there are various q's like this which raises in working women's mind.

what is QUALITY TIME spent by a working women with her kids is really disgusting?

there are many issues like this. there r definitely many challenges that working women fight it out everyday in satisfying so many people in both office and at home.

the only thing if u r used to earning u cant sit at home thats the only problem. but hats off to those who make money for themselves sitting at home.

9. srilatharajesh

srilatharajesh Silver IL'ite

good op
    i have posted my resume to ur mail id. pls check and reply me back

10. himavalli

himavalli New IL'ite

Hi all,

I think there is no difference between working and non working women after all every one of us have to work in their own domains .

Its individual perception of taking responsibility of household/once job or may be both.Sometimes may be u cant escape from the situation where you are badly needed for home management mate and you might have to give up your career may be for confined period/long period like me i worked for so many years and now im happy home maker with a toddler whom i have to take care can i escape from this phase of life and because im a home maker how can some one label as non-productive at work. Come on every one as reason of not working in "company" because their company is needed by the their family.

I believe we are all super moms/wives given any task we do it yes we are naturally expertise in multi-tasking and can juggle for long period with 100% dedication for any kinda of work

Oh Dear, end of the day the bottom line is self satisfaction and happy family what say??

:cheers
    cheers
    hima