1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Working Mom and Pumping schedule

Discussion in 'Breast Feeding' started by VidyaaJ, Dec 28, 2009.

1. jollyshilpy

jollyshilpy New IL'ite

Hello All

I was just reading through this thread. Very useful information. I follow the suggestions on Kellymom.

At the moment my pumping schedule is 7AM, 12:30PM, 6:30PM, 1AM. My little girl is 5.5 months. She takes all the milk from the bottle now.

See you all around

2. cutekid

cutekid Silver IL'ite

Thanks Mridusudha!!!Nice link.

3. Reesha

Reesha Silver IL'ite

hi vidhya,
    it's really very use full information. My baby age is 7 months now. i have few questions,
    1. is it good to have Breast Milk in freezer more than 8 hours? what is freezer temperature? is it in ice freezer or normal freezer?
    2. for each pumping, are you pumping from two breasts or one breast?
    3. While pumping, how much amount of milk coming from each breast(in case you taken break for 2-2.5 hours gap from feeding)?
    4. When you are home, you will feed your baby directly. so after that, how much time gap maintaining b/w direct feeding & pumping into bottle.
    5. i am using one breast at a time to feed my baby. so other breast will have time to produce more milk. This time will be 4 hours around. i mean if i used Breast-1 by 8 A.M, then i will use Breast-2 by 10 A.M, again Breast 1 by 12 P.M. so, how i can handle pumping timings if i want to start pumping schedule.
    6. What about other works of baby during your office timings like cleaning her stools & bathing & soothing her to sleep so on...

because, just to provide my breast milk to my baby, i have taken break in my career. so i want to enter into job again. but i want to continue my BF to baby as long as possible i could.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2014
  4. ramyaramani

ramyaramani Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@Reesha This thread is 4 years old!

To answer your questions:

1. Deep freezer is best. Not sure what you mean by ice freezer.
    2. It is best to pump from both breasts as it helps in increasing supply.
    3. This will vary person to person.
    4. You can try pumping after every feed to increase supply. Pumping in early morning works best. If your child feeds every 4 hours you still have to pump every 2 hours.
    5. If you are feeding from one side only at a time, then pump on the other side every time you feed.

You have not taken a break just to provide breast milk. You are there as a mother - the first person a child trusts. You are there for your baby's first smile, first laugh, first giggle, first cry, first fall. You are there to see your baby reach the milestones.

5. Reesha

Reesha Silver IL'ite

thank you ramya ramani,

very usefull answers you have given to me. even it is 4 yrs old, i am new mother. so i came through it recently. thanks once again.