1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

working ladies and leaving kids in daycare

Discussion in 'Baby Sitting / Day Care' started by nila1, May 16, 2006.

1. nila1

nila1 New IL'ite

I need help from mothers who are working, what should i look for in a daycare center, how to manage between work and kids? My daughter is 1 yr old and I am thinking of going for work full time. I feel worried abt leaving her in daycare and also dont know know what to look for in day care centers, how do they take care, what abt food etc.

Any tips on managing both work and home? is it better to leave them with indian baby sitters or american day care centers or ask someone to come home? i dont have an idea abt the rates and fees.

Thanks

2. rathi

rathi Bronze IL'ite

About daycare!

Hi Nila1,

Though I am not working and have no need to explore about daycare of kids, I have some knowledge about what my friends who are working moms are doing.

Generally, I have heard that Indian ladies prefer leaving their kids at daycare or baby sitting done by Indian ladies. Probably they think that kids are close to their culture! Not sure. But most of them prefer packing their own food & snacks for their kids at the baby sitter or day care. Even people taking care prefer to give kids food they bring, so that they are not held responsible for anything going wrong with kids due to food.

I know an Indian Lady who was doing baby sitting at her home @ $5/hr for 8 hrs. It was decent money and the kid use to bring her own food.

There are many Indian Ladies married and here in the US in H4 status who are willing to do baby sitting and they do it religiously well. You can find out for such ladies in your here.

Good luck!

Rathi

3. nila1

nila1 New IL'ite

Thankyou Rathi.