Working As Freelance When You Have Job

Discussion in 'Working Women' started by prreeya, Dec 12, 2017.

1. prreeya

prreeya Silver IL'ite

Hello all
    Please suggest is it allowed to work as freelance when you have job.
    As income I have is less and want to earn bit more also I want to keep myself busy.

Please guide me.

2. Sweety82

Sweety82 Gold IL'ite

S of course. As long as u pay tax properly based on ur earnings :)

3. ashneys

ashneys Platinum IL'ite

You should check your employment policy as it varies from company to company.

Some companies don't fret about this at all n you can do another job or have a business on the side. But I guess it should not be related, like if you are working in IT, they won't have a problem if you have a food business or something.

On the other hand, there are really strict companies which can sack you the moment they figure it out regardless of the same or different industry. It would be part of your employment agreement.

Speak to your company HR n understand their policy. Because these things can't be kept hidden for long.

Naari likes this.
  4. Naari

Naari Platinum IL'ite

OP, moonlighting is normally allowed if it does not interfere with your normal work, isn’t in a competing line of business & you have taken permission from current employer (if employment agreement provides so).

If your 2nd job is a weekend job, then you don’t even need permission from current employer unless it’s in a conflicting/competing line of business.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2017
    Jey likes this.