1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Working and Dieting

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by AmericanIndian, Feb 16, 2012.

1. AmericanIndian

AmericanIndian New IL'ite

Hi all

I recently started working. And I am into IT (sitting for 7 hours at least).
    Already I am over weight .I go to workout daily morning to the gym atleast 4 times a week and try to loose weight.

Now that I have joined work I am always feeling hungry and drinking coffee like 3 times a day.

Please give me tips not to be tired and not to overeat at work. Not to be tempted. When ever I am tired I feel like eating ...

I am
    1. Drinking water.
    2. Doing Workout.
    3. Counting calories while eating.
    4. Sleeping well.

But not loosing weight .... please help me ..... any tips ...... working ladies I need help :drowning

2. blessbabydust

blessbabydust IL Hall of Fame

Hi americanindian
    try to stick on with portion control and consistent exercise .also these weights have never been put on overnight or a week so it will take months to take it off if you stay focus and motivated for weight loss .
    I started my journey in august 2011 until the last weigh in a week ago i lost upto 12 kgs so it took me this much time to lose weight and iam still going until april to lose another 9 kgs .... might atleast achieve 5 kg and 4 kilos can be take off in another 3 months time ...so be consistent and strong

also if you havent lost any weight for more than a month your body might be in weight loss plateau ... you can increase your workout to burn metabolism or eat small and frequent ..hope this will help u achieve the weight loss

3. Priya16

Priya16 IL Hall of Fame

I would suggest eat good BreakFast.Like oats+egg or oats+yogurt+banana.

Eat something healthy which keep you fill.During lunch eat salad and eat something with protein.Evening eat fruits like apple and then greek yogurt.That should give full fealing.Replace coffee with gree tea.Initially you get exausted but later you get hold of it.So hang on it.Drink water and water.Keep some nuts.Eat when you feel hungry.

Eat whole grains that will keep you stomuch fill.Just hang on and you get better.start a day with good heavy breakfast.

4. bunchofroses

bunchofroses Bronze IL'ite

This is what I do since recently and it seems to be working. Morning have your breakfast and coffee (sometimes I carry it with me to work if i dont get time and eat it first thing as soon as I set up my laptop). I carry lunch with me (which is whatever is leftover like rice/pasta/roti sabji etc). I also carry along with me 1 apple, 1 small raisin box and chocolate milk. raisins I have between bkfst and lunch and choco milk at aoround 2 pm. apples, I eat around 4:30pm. But the most important thing that I have started doing is, I keep some left over sabji/food/dosa batter, so that as soon as I go home I eat my dinner around 6pm. I have noticed that if I dont keep something for myself I start binging on junk. I have not even exercised for the last 10 days and have already lost 2 kgs! but after dinner i dont eat anything. Hope this helps.

5. sreemanavaneeth

sreemanavaneeth Gold IL'ite

My dear friend,

Too much of stress also will spoil the entire body. Do not worry that you are not losing weight drink more water, eat cucumber have liquid items like soup, rasam etc., Always have positive thinking that everyday you are losing your weight and looking pretty. O.K. ALL THE BEST MY DEAR IL

6. rose2000

rose2000 Silver IL'ite

Carry healthy snacks like yogurt, apple, bananna, cereal bar etc.
    Eat a healthy breakfast and a snack of fruit or yogurt after 2 hrs, eat small lunch of 2 rotis and lots of subzi or 1 cup of rice with lots of veggies.Snack and coffee around 3 pm (2 -3 hrs after your lunch), eat dinner before 7pm. If you are hungry in the night drink a glass of milk. I have been following this for more than 2 yrs now and it has helped me in weight loss and keeping it stable. Good luck.