Work Life Balance - Discussion related to Fertility of Women

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by ramyasri9916, Jun 27, 2013.

1. ramyasri9916

ramyasri9916 Senior IL'ite

You Have a Great Career, Great Lifestyle, But are you having Complete Life???

How to Achieve a Complete life and manage work life balance.

Come join the thread share ur views and express the ideas.

2. luckysangeetha

luckysangeetha Gold IL'ite

Its a very good thread for todays women. Worth to discuss also

I underwent the same experience and asked the same question to myself once and thought about it for 6months and I left the job for the family. It had no worth to work at the end of the day its money. So we decided to live with what my hubby is earing and now we are happy no fight at home for who is going to clean house every weekend, no loads of vessels in kitchen, No mood swings, No irritations, no arguments about money.

Able to spend time with hubby and relatives
    Able to attend family functions
    Able to keep in touch with friends
    Able to understand life in a better way
    Able to cook better food no hotel food it is tasting yuk now

More all above peace of mind and focused on health issues resolving and contentment in life rather than having working for 6 days a week and gaining nothing just money.

The above is my experience. Ladies come out with your exp!!!!!

Leading a happy and merry life.

5 people like this.
  3. luckyme

luckyme Silver IL'ite

Nice to read about ur decision Sangeetha,

I was thinking whether to reply to the 30 plus thread or this one....

I am 33 and have a decent paying job, a loving buddy as my dh..yet to have a family and longing for one for 3 yrs now...I have managed to keep myself postive so far ...that's because I have a loving family who doesn't question me much..who allows me to take my own

In my job ..sometimes I have to work very hard and sometimes things are much in my control and i can take all the time I want to ....but it does at times come in the way of ttc , adds to the stress etc...
    but on the other hand I find that having one gives me a break from thinking too much about ttc...i feel too restless being at home and my expectation go much higher when I undergo treatments..I feel pressurised that it should happen soon....

I keep questioning myself whether to just leave it or continue...so far my confused soul hasn't found a concrete answer...but I sure am working towards it.....

u so rightly said...when u fight between the job and family..job appears nothing but money...
    It's also true that the passion that ppl used to have earlier is gone...we end up taking diff career options for the sake of money....for most of us it's not what is our true calling

I accept that I still haven't got the guts to kick the job yet....but I have been trying options to try what I like doing..which is less demanding and gives me happiness...one day I will kick this job...hope it's not too far :)

Lots of prayers for all..god bless

4 people like this.
  4. NanditaSri

NanditaSri Silver IL'ite

LuckySangeetha and Luckyme, Thanks for sharing your views.

I am also on the same boat and really get frustrated at times and feel like taking a long break from my job. My DH and I also at times are concerned that that might add to the pressure during this TTC phase and I might feel completely lost and lonely while at home. On the other hand, if leaving my job is going to increase my chances during TTC and reduce workload, then why not?

Sorry, I am super confused and sharing my thoughts here. Anyways, good luck and loads of baby dust to all!!

1 person likes this.
  5. Srinidhi007

Srinidhi007 Silver IL'ite

Dear Sangeetha, luckyme &Nanditasri - Thanks for sharing your views. i am exactly in the same mindset.

i am 32yrs old, got married at 28yrs. working for the past 12yrs with decent pay. but many times i think of leading a simple life and take care of family and to have baby naturally without treatment.

but i have no guts to leave the job, i am not sure the reason. but deep in my heart i really to want to have peace in my mind. which we will not get if we go to job and work hard for that decent pay and at the end of the day nothing remains and day by day our age is increasing.

i dont know when i can take that wise decision of leaving corporate job and take up something simple with less stress and less money!

1 person likes this.
  6. ramyasri9916

ramyasri9916 Senior IL'ite

Dear Friends, Thanks for sharing your views. By the Age of 35 most women are half as fertile as they were at 25 years. A better understanding of ur fertility now can help you to take decision about how long u can wait before starting your family.

Managing the work life and balancing the family life is the important thing that makes every women happy in their life.

So Srinidhi, i feel that not only the career that is important, at the end of the day nothing but the a stress full unhappy life.

I am also with the same mind set like you ladies, but i got the solution from a campaign which i attended recently in Chennai by Srushti hospitals. its about how to overcome infertility issues and strike work life balance. It was very much useful to me and to many of the Women.

If u have come across any of these pls share.

7. Gowthami0607

Gowthami0607 New IL'ite

Hi Ladies,
    This is a very apt thread for todays world... Life is very busy and we dont have time for ourselves, in this family and children are too big responsibilities... I decided having a child immediately after marriage will ruin our lifes, so me and my husband planned our baby for later in life... but this was a huge mistake we made... Humans can never be satisfied, how much ever we earn we will still be having commitments one after the other... so it is better you plan your baby when you are young...
    i postponed my child birth, and later we tried for 6 years and den conceived by egg donation... now we are happy with our baby, but still if we had decided to start our family earlier we would have not gone through those tough times in our life...
    Ramya is right, our fertility reduces as we get older... it is always good to have a healthy lifestyle, and make sure we do proper exercise and amidst all the busy career it is a must that we spend quality time with our family... It should be, Family first and all the other things next...
    It is really nice to know that Srushti Fertility center is organizing this campaign about Strike a work life balance... it is the most needed topic for today... They were the ones who helped us to have our baby and now giving such useful awareness...
    I think many woman are going to get benefited by this...

8. Srinidhi007

Srinidhi007 Silver IL'ite

Dear Ramyasri & Gowthami - can you please share some tips that was shared by shrusti hospital!

9. luckyme

luckyme Silver IL'ite

Hi nandita, srinidhi, gawthami , ramya

Nice to see all your views...but I guess I am not the only one who is confused about the choices we have made so far...

Ramya, it'll be nice if u could share some tips with us that helped u

I have a few topics for the forum and it would be great to hear suggestions, experiences etc.

I had been talking to a lot of people about this job thing...some know of my ttc struggle and some have no idea....I just mentioned to them I am thinking of quitting the job but didn't mention why I am thinking of doing so...I haven't told ppl about the 3 yrs ttc struggle and would rather be quiet even now...

My friend A who knows about my struggle and works in the same office....told me to keep the job as long as I could manage..she told me about her days and said that she felt utterly bored being at home during her pregnancy
    my mil doesn't know my struggle( I never told her) but was around me when I miscarried early this yr...she also didn't seem too convinced that I should leave my job
    My mom ( again doesn't know about my struggle) also seemed to suggest that I should continue the work
    My friend B who is a doc herself was neutral ..leaving the decision to me
    My dh who knows me very well was always concerned that I'll feel lonely and get depressed if I sit at home...he has now given me full freedom to leave my job

All the above have been very good to me..and I have highest regards for their concern....I am also giving a serious thought to this job vs. family ..but am not convinced that I have judged all factors correctly...

When I am not under stress at Job I feel why leave and sit at home...the savings would help me in future..And having work takes me away from ttc thoughts

But when I am under stress, it know that it affects my ttc efforts and at that time I feel what I am going to do with all the money if don't have a family...I didn't pursue the promotion I deserved this yr as I felt it would add to my woes of stress ..and i have been refusing anything which requires me to work beyond 6 pm...and all opportunities to work abroad(my work requires travel at least once or twice a yr) ..but even not pursuing challenges is not taken positively by the superiors who term u as unambitious and not wanting to put in efforts...of course they know nothing about my struggle....also since there is a downward trend for IT and consulting opportunities this yr and which in all liklihood will continue for a few more yrs, this stance of taking it easy may not go down too well with superiors and who knows when the IT industry starts giving out pink slips...if that happens , there sure will be one for me :)

I am currently not on any project and actually have a lot of free time...I manage to run the house reasonably okay with the job...maid spends 2.5 hrs in cleaning, doing vessels, cutting vegetables, preparing chapatis....I have weekly offs on sat and Sunday and get enough time to take care of other things...as soon as I get an assignment, all this may change..and since there will be work and deadlines, there will be pressure( though it may not be too much if I get the right kind of work)

What do u think I should do.

1) I have the option to leave the job and be at home..continue to pursue my hobbies and focus on treatments...
    2) to continue to work in my base location and do what I m doing( refusing any extra hrs) but I m risking my job with too many refusals anyway..the only good thing is if I get lucky..I can be on extended maternity leave without pay for full 1 yr to avoid all office stress..this is allowed and I have decided to go for it in my present stage
    3)I can go abroad(though no guarantee that I will get it easily)..work in the client location is always better with less pressure...we are not required to work late at all..it hasn't gone beyond 8-9 hrs in my prev exp...the medical care is good there
    4) I can quit my job and go abroad with my dh...having time away may be like a vacation and medical care will be there

There are pros and cons of each..beyond what I can pen down....everyday new thoughts come and we find one option weighing over the other....

My current take is to continue till I get the next assignment..if the assignment is taxing, then quit...if I get lucky the straight away go for 1 yr break from work...I just need opinions on whether u think it's right

I have worked for over 11 yrs now and hold a good postion work wise coz of all the hard work I have put in these yrs...I am very good at my job but personally I always take a lot of things upon myself and overwork(something I have been trying very hard to correct for last 1 yr but haven't been very successful)

I m 33 so the clock is ticking fast...mine is unexplained infertility....so far no problems identified(except for low iron and ferretin which I am treating with supplements)...4 failed iuis, 1 missed miscarriage....going on with full faith that my time will come

Lots of prayers for all the ttc gals
    God bless

10. Swatir23

Swatir23 Gold IL'ite

Nice thread ladies,

I also used to think like leaving job and all....i was also confused....:exactly:
    But after my miscarriage at 16 week in Jan 2013 taught me that its not only money we do job for.:notthatway:..I was at home for 4 months and with all the noisy relative and trust me I used to think run away from house somewhere and then when I joined back office i felt so relax AH.....I am doing something else now.:thankyou2:

Luckysangeeta ,u mentioned u can spend more time with ur relative after leaving job but how many of them are really like u feel relaxed while talikng:hide:,how many of them dont question u when u r giving good news:bowdown....if you have such relatives around you then You are happiest person ....but its not the case always most of the time.:spin

Many times we working ladies blame that its because of our job we are not conceving:rant but I know one lady ,she is housewife and just 25 but still not able to conceive from last 4 yrs.

so everything has 2 sides ladies,dont look at ur job that u r doing something wrong,and dont feel guilty:thumbsup....that you are earning money.But who knows even if you are housewife things may me much worsed??...u may be thinking too much about TTC and not anything else....

I am writing this as I have experinced it in last 5 months when I was at home.May be I am wrong ..so whats the middle way...below are some tips from myside.

1)Yes ,If you are stressed and need breake definately you take it from your job for some time...choices are like when TTC ,after having baby...I think now a days every company has 6 months leave witout pay we can opt for that .

2)second option is we can find job which is part time not full day .like this u will be engaed and find time for urself also.

3)Third option is continue existing job with option that u just want to continue it ,u might not get good hike,promotion or appreciation but still you are with your job.choose such roles if available (at the cost of good hikes)

I choosed option 3:thumbsup and I am happy with it.

1 person likes this.