1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Women In Comfort Zone Always Complaining

Discussion in 'Friends & Neighbours' started by Emarald, Feb 11, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

Op....your problem is your husband entertaining her nonsense.

She is living a good life because she can . She has it all and good for her if she doesn't have to work for it.

She has two grown up kids . Kids don't grow on trees. She raised them and now she is living her life .What is your problem with her living it up!
    Stop your husband if you can't stand her.

You don't live with her 24/7 ,365 days so you don't know it all.

Unless she has an army of servants or a husband who is slaving it at home she has probably been doing her bit .

She doesn't have to live her life by your standards and your husband does not have to entertain her.

Stop being jealous of her life. Just because other young women want to work does not mean she has to .

She has a house,car and kids are going to college. If they need money,let her husband get after her for a job instead of you giving her gyan.

sindmani, SunPa, Sinant and 2 others like this.
  2. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Why would her spending lavishly or enjoying or whether she cooks or not etc irritate you?Whether she is productive or not,that is left for her to decide.It is their money and their wish.

However..if she “really said” that you are money minded just coz you are working outside,that is wrong and that should be the only thing to bother you and not her personal life.

One cannot get judgemental and don’t know how others actually live their life and what they went through.We do not see anyone 24/7

Them expecting you to interfere in their personal life is also wrong.Your husband can tell them he does not want to get involved in a husband-wife problem but would be willing to be helpful otherwise.

Those are what needs to be addressed

Last edited: Feb 11, 2020
    sindmani, Sinant, Sunshine04 and 2 others like this.
  3. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

I second you yellow mango!!

The post actually surprised me and totally felt the same way you did.

The problem should be not why the other lady lives well but how to not let this couple be the mediator for the problems.The tone of the post sounded the way you said. The post also did sound judgemental.

Problem to be addressed is actually different.

You gave a clear view yellow mango.

Sinant, Sunshine04 and yellowmango like this.
  4. Emarald

Emarald Silver IL'ite

Ym I am not jealous at all. It’s her life and her choices. She asks help sympathy always. It’s my choice to work or not. Yes I was surprised to hear when she said I am money minded, lucky because I have job. My irritation started after that. When she complain about her parents, siblings, husband, in laws that made me advise her otherwise I don’t care who does what. She called me also crying many times before. After I distanced she is calling my husband.

5. Vaikuntha

Vaikuntha Platinum IL'ite

Good that you are not jealous. Be happy for her and her good life. But don't be sad for her problems and try to help- either of you.
    Use all your bandwidth, only towards your own family.
    Don't go to her house for tea- come up with excuse. Turn down her invitations. If she barges in the house, be cold.
    She might be sad in her life, but you are no mother Teresa to help her out. Let her find a therapist and shell out some money. She has identified you guys- as that someone- who will meet her needs.
    Don't meet her needs.
    In this world, we take care of ourselves. No one can be relied on.

6. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

Op..
    You both have been guilty of being judgemental
    You telling her to go out and work and her telling you you are money minded to work.

You really should discourage her and stop entertaining her.

Take it up with husband . If he still wants to ' mediate' then you have a different problem at hand .

anika987 likes this.
  7. mangaii

mangaii Finest Post Winner

This is the problem. Your husband entertaining her . You need to let him that this friendship is affecting your peace of mind. Sometimes people lie to make sure someone is not jealous about them. Please be aware. Looks like this relationship is affecting you negatively. Cut it off and enjoy your peaceful life

anika987 likes this.
  8. Emarald

Emarald Silver IL'ite

Thank you all for advise. Admin please close thread

9. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

It is easy to suggest "talk to your husband". The man who is eager to have a problem solving session with the neigbourhood sister, isn't going to give it up easy. Some of us are living proof :hmmm::facepalm: of how addicted one could get with problem solving, even without the benefit of a rakhii.
    Aren't we all going to wait and find a closure, and you will let us know how it all turned out ?

10. ragzz

ragzz Silver IL'ite

Word! And even when threads where same thing is posted again and again. Certainly no rakhii :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.