1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

woman is the enemy of another woman

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by priyaj1986, Feb 16, 2012.

1. priyaj1986

priyaj1986 Silver IL'ite

In most of the cases I could see MIL, SIL spoiling DIL’s life. MIL/SIL bother DIL in some way to the least:spin.
    Why don’t they understand it’s their son/brother’s life which is getting spoiled. They might have brought up their son with utmost care and affection, hence their ultimate aim should be seeing him living happily.But everywhere it happens the other way..
    Why do they spoil his life when they have completed living their life?:bonk
    I feel always woman is the enemy of another woman… :hide:

2 people like this.

2. spuppala

spuppala Gold IL'ite

Hi Priya,

Welcome to IL.
    If everyone set their limits and live accordingly then there won't be any problem at all.Its all about understanding each other be it a couple or a DIL-MIL relationship...

3. sangiak

sangiak Bronze IL'ite

Hi priya,
    I absolutely and entirely agree with your views above - 100% Well said.

regards
    sangiak

4. priyaj1986

priyaj1986 Silver IL'ite

May be when we become a MIL.. we may behave the same way.. :)

1 person likes this.
  5. abcdguy

abcdguy Silver IL'ite

It is strange women are just generally not very friendly with other women. They see them as competition in all aspects of their life. This is even common in the workplace.

2 people like this.
  6. priyaj1986

priyaj1986 Silver IL'ite

Ofcourse yes... Even we seem to be friendly we are jealous over other women in one or other aspects..

1 person likes this.
  7. amunique

amunique Gold IL'ite

yes... agreed.. but why is this?? men get along so well with other men.. why not women... sad but true... :(

8. priyaj1986

priyaj1986 Silver IL'ite

Is it common only in India or other countries as well?

9. anugamit

anugamit Platinum IL'ite

Women are more sensitive than men.

1 person likes this.
  10. tanoshii

tanoshii Platinum IL'ite

I won't say men get along well. At least not everyone and not all the time. But they also play it very discreetly and don't display it. They just seem to mind their own business and fade out these things far easily than women can.

Women, on the other hand, cannot seem to stop. If two women don't get along, there is a choice to leave things as they are and just say - we are fine as we are and we'll agree to disagree. But unfortunately we don't. Yes, I too have switched on the argumentative mode quite a few times and questioned these differences. But it does not help. And am learning this every day. When we get emotional (that happens a lot more in women than in men) the actual logic of a problem gets shadowed and personal feelings pop out. Everyone is right in their own way and no one wants to submit to the other. But its important to understand that what one person knows or believes may not suit the other. There is no right and wrong. But that is just not as easy to accept and practise.

I have relatives and acquaintances who I don't get along with. Men and women. But I find the men least bothered and they just inquire now and then and we are done. Women, on the other hand, have to sit and analyse, actually over-analyse the situation and KNOW what's going on in the other's head. How can your so called equal (another woman) judge you and comment? How can a JUNIOR disrespect the SENIOR, who's more experienced and wiser by saying something new..anything..even if that is right in its own way?

Opposites attract and Likes repel. Can't help it. Just got to do what we can do best - develop loads and loads of patience :D