Winning "Title" for Varalotti's Story Contest...

Discussion in 'Contests & Winners' started by Induslady, Feb 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Induslady

Induslady Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

CONTEST - Give a suitable "Title" for Varalotti's Story

It's Contest Time again...To WIN a fantastic gift - Hurray!

Gear up...you can feed your creativity skills utilising this contest opportunity.

Many of you in this IndusLadies Community are already enjoying reading the writings of Varalotti Rengasamy in the form of articles, short stories, serial story, snippets, etc. Should you stop with just reading this wonderful writers works and sharing our comments? Don't you want to join hands with him in his creations?

So, here is an opportunity for more...

Varalotti Rengasamy has sent us a story - a real sensitive story - but without a title. He want's the members of this community to give a suitable title for it.

Guidelines to participate in this contest of giving a suitable title...

1. First of all, read the story completely till the very end, before suggesting the title.

2. The title should capture the underlying theme of the story.

3. At the same time, the title should NOT give a hint of the twist in the story for it would spoil the suspense for the readers.

4. The title should NOT be more than 5 words long

Go ahead - Read the story here and give a suitable title for it.

Get Set...Go...to WIN a fantastic gift!

Note:

1. You can send us as many titles as you want.
    2. The titles should be sent ONLY via Private Message to "Induslady".
    3. This contest is open ONLY till Feb 28th, 2006.
    4. The winner of the contest will be decided at the discretion of IndusLadies Team and will be announced in early March 2006.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2006

2. Induslady

Hurry up with your entries!

Hello Ladies,

We know many of you have already enjoyed reading the sensitive story by Varalotti that needs to be "titled". We get to see the comments / feedback shared by some of you about the story and already some of you had sent in your title entries for the contest.

We just wanted to remind the rest of the ladies in this Community that ONLY 4 more days are left to send in the entries for the contest.

So, Hurry up with your entries - Do Not Miss the opportunity to WIN a fantastic gift!

Go ahead - Read the story here and give a suitable title for it.

3. Induslady

Dear Members,

Thank you for accepting this sensitive story and participating in the contest by sending in your creative and poetic entries.

We believe all of you will agree that the sensitive subject line of this story was well handled by Varalotti, inspite of being the only male writer in this ladies community. Hats off to you - Varalotti!

Before we announce the winning "Title", we want to appreciate the team of judges for their time and efforts - Varalotti, Durga Ravi, Kavya & Shakthi.

Now, the winning title is...

"The Bosom Friend" - suggested by Prathi

Congratulations ... Prathi [​IMG] .

Your title suggests the intimacy in friendship between the actress and the housewife. We will mail-in your gift shortly, please private message your shipping address to 'induslady'.

Take a look at the gift given to Prathi's winning title here

Want to the know the original title given to this story by Varalotti??? It was...

Appearances!

Varalotti confesses that "I was not as creative as the gracious ladies of IndusLadies in choosing a title. I drain all my creativity in building up the story and just choose any random word that comes to my mind as the title".

Special Thanks once again to all those who sent in their entries.
    Good luck to WIN in the future contests to come.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2006
  4. sunitha

sunitha Gold IL'ite

Congrats!

Congratulations ,Prathi,well done!!

Cheers

5. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Very well " coined" Prathi !

Dear Prathi,
    You have chosen a very apt title for Sridhar's story - both the words fall in place so very well. You are as creative as Sridhar, dear Prathi !
    Love & regards,
    Chithra.

6. prathi

prathi Bronze IL'ite

WOW i am thrilled!!!

Thanks all,

I never thought i could do this. Though i sent in couple more titles, the first one that got to my mind was this. I thought, infact that sridhar would laugh at my entries!!!

Thanks sunitha for you wishes.

Mrs.Chithra, thanks for the love you showered through kind words.

Thanks sridhar for a touching story!!

Last edited: Mar 4, 2006
  7. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Congratulations, Prathi!

Accept my hearty congratulations, Prathi. You very well deserve the prize as your title is very suggestive and creative to the point of being poetic. I am even thinking of hiring you as my 'Titles Consultant' for I am not very good at giving titles. I drain my creativity in the story that when it comes to titles I just sign off with whatever comes to my mind. For example the title I had originally given to this story in Tamil was "Appearances" (Thotrangal).
    Well done, Prathi.
    sridhar

8. Sharada

Sharada Senior IL'ite

Congrats Prathi!

That was a nice title and you deserve the prize. Do let us know when you get it.
    Keep it up!
    Sharada

9. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

congrats, Prathi

Dear Prathi,

Congrats on winning the title contest! Your title is very apt and conveys the story. Wonderful.

cheers
    Vidya

10. prathi

prathi Bronze IL'ite

Thanks!!!

Sridhar, thanks for ur wishes. It's you, who has made our creative minds tick.Thanks again for the offer to be your "Titles consultant"!!!!haha

Sharada, Thanks for you wishes and motivating words. Coming from an ace writer like you, it is flattering. I shall surely share here when i receive my prize.

Thanks Vidya, for your wishes.

Love and regards,

Prathi

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.