1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Will You Mistake For This? Ur Opinions Pls...

Discussion in 'Friends & Neighbours' started by Sweety82, Aug 16, 2017.

1. nuss

nuss Platinum IL'ite

Personally, I won't drive 4-5 hrs to just see my friend for afew hours. If I am driving that far, I would stay in that town- either at his/her place or in a hotel.
    If I drive for 4-5 hrs to see afriend that means she is a very good friend and I won't hesitate asking for tea/coffee/food.
    Just last week, I stopped by my friend's house for 2 hrs (2 hr away from my place) on my way to another city. I called her in advance and asked if she will be at home and has time to meet. She works part-time and was off that day. Half our before getting at her place, I texted her that I'll be there in approx 30 min and would like to have her special tea :). She does the same (actually her husband makes tea when they are visiting us because he claims that he makes the best tea).

Sweety82 likes this.
  2. amunique

amunique Gold IL'ite

@Cielo please go through this thread at your ease..

sindmani likes this.
  3. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

This is utter carelessness.
    I don't know the hosting customs of others, but we South Asians ask our guests at least for the courtesy, whether they like to drink anything?
    And most generally a cup of tea or coffee or some soft drink depending on the time of their visit would be served for sure.If the guests say NO or later, it can get postponed until they say bye-bye.

It takes 5 mins or less to prepare a cup of tea/coffee or any drink that is readily available in the house. So, we offer the same for anyone who visit us, be it the technicians, plumbers, unplanned guests, family members, friends etc..etc..
    Some accept the offer, and some rejects it or say later.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2017
    sindmani and Sweety82 like this.
  4. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

Sharing one more funny incident....

We visited India last year, and stayed in a hotel. During the day time, we visited my H's friends and relatives.
    One eve, we planned to visit one of his aunts, and her place was just 15 mins drive from the hotel where we stayed.
    We departed at 4pm from the hotel, and my kids were demanding for some snacks on the way.
    My H didn't approve it, as it may take some time and delay our visit.
    So, he told the kids that, we are visiting our relatives, you will anyway have some tea and snacks there.
    Unfortunately, this aunt didn't offer anything, but she kept on talking for long time.
    Kids started to inquire about snacks and tea since the time we entered their house. Due to their accent and language, thankfully the hosts didn't understand what they were murmuring.
    At last by 6PM, aunt gave some coffee.

We rushed to a good restaurant on our way back to hotel, since kids were really hungry.
    Since that day, we fill our stomach and expect almost nothing from the hosts

rajicon1 and Sweety82 like this.
  5. Dishaa

Dishaa Gold IL'ite

Similar thing happened couple of years back. One of our committee group member (financially very well settled) invited the full committee people for attending some puja at their residence (the invitation was after 9:00 p.m.).

Our committee members group is of 8 families. Whenever any kind of individual puja or function is planned they always ensure dinner or lunch is provided along with snacks (specially for kids & senior citizens).

Keeping that in mind we all went (expecting dinner) but none of us were offered any food or water (only 2 to 3 pieces of cut fruits were offered as prasad) majority were office returns. Height of non courtesy was they were having their dinners (caterers were serving them), but they did not even bother to offer food to kids or senior citizens.

Where as whenever they attended any individual function they used to have their meals, break fast also used to spend the full day resting at the invitees place.

Since that incident our group committee members always confirmed whether food arrangement is done or not whenever any kind of invitation is given.:thumbup:

Sweety82 and Purple2017 like this.