1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Will This Marriage Work Anymore?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by ToTheStars, Aug 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ToTheStars

ToTheStars Senior IL'ite

1.Now my parent know about his impotency. His parents refused to accept the truth says that I put blame on their son to escape my fault. To prove me wrong they challenged me that they would get him marry to another and she will bear their lineage.
    2.He refused medications and appeared broken for the discovered infertility issues. I was consoling and supportive. We agreed not to reveal our(his) issues to our family. We tried treatments and adoption nothing worked.

Sunshine04 likes this.
  2. foxybeat

foxybeat Platinum IL'ite

You know, that is manipulative in itself. I do wonder if he was really impotent or faking it for some reason. To stay in such a marriage itself is abuse. As a culture, we take on the shortcomings of the men onto ourselves and protect them.

There is not much chance for this marriage to sustain, cos he will always be angry with you for cheating and you will be angry with him for making you living a sexless marriage. You should come out of this (mutually or with a legal battle if need be). Then once that is done, you can focus on your life and move forward.

ToTheStars likes this.
  3. Sunshine04

Sunshine04 Platinum IL'ite

Let them do that.
    1 your shameless husband will not marry again
    2 if he does get married, I hope the new bride breaks open his impotence and shames the entire family.

ToTheStars likes this.
  4. Sunshine04

Our Indian culture brainwashed girls to accept the God like husband . That's why you didn't disclose to anyone earlier.
    See now Everyone wants to blame you

ToTheStars and shravs3 like this.
  5. ToTheStars

ToTheStars Senior IL'ite

Sorry,I am somehow not feeling comfortable that everyone(not everyone,perhaps few souls here) blames my h for his incapability. I was living with that for many years, had not the Spanish entry I would have died peacefully(!?) as my h's wife. I might sound dumb. I am the root for whats happening now.

6. pinky2cute

pinky2cute Platinum IL'ite

Hi dear, I feel bad for you. This is what the problem is when you post your problems in open forum. People get harsh n rude. And often forget that their comments can hurt the poster who is already depressed and here for genuine help/advice or even just to vent out.

In your case, mistake is on both sides. And nobody can judge anyone. It's your married life and you and your dh should sit and sort out.
    If you dont want a divorce, its your wish. But if he is assassinating your character, do you think you still have respect to be his wife n vear all the insults?
    First decide if you want this marriage or not since its beyond damage ccontrol.
    Next, sit with your husband and talk straight ask him what does he want and tell what you want.
    Based on your both feelings and thoughts, come to a mutual decision and act by it.
    Best wishes.

7. goldenhoney87

goldenhoney87 Silver IL'ite

Dear OP my prayers to you to stay strong and eventually lead a life that keep you happy

8. Sunshine04

No..I didn't mean to be rude to your husband.
    Since some posters were bashing you, I got overwhelmed..
    His problem is also like a disability, not to be made fun of.

9. Shreema86

Shreema86 Platinum IL'ite

Dear , Always remember that no matter how deep a hole you find yourself in, there is always a way to come out of it. firstly I would stop with the self blaming . You are a good person, . You were unhappy and lost .Staying in this marriage you would have never been happy . The Universe had other plans for you. Please seek counseling , you are in a low phase now, but this shall pass..

10. Topaz49

Topaz49 Gold IL'ite

Apart from this case, for the sake of discussion –
    If impotency, a medical condition on which the person has no control is a crime, then adultery, by choice is a bigger crime at least in the eyes of god.
    Worried about stigma? This was a not a traditional arranged marriage. When a person can court a person and fall in love, she has ample opportunity to ask all sorts of questions, including “Are you impotent?”
    No matter what the fall out is, move away from him. It wasn't the impotency alone that led to the cheating, he was boring .... She has the right to find happiness with the Spanish guy.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2018
    friendabc likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.