1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Will my baby look like my soft toy?

Discussion in 'Gynaecology' started by sadwife, Jan 31, 2011.

1. hydra

hydra New IL'ite

It is so rediculous....ha.ha...nope its just a saying so that you are not too attached with your soft toy.the look of an individual is determine by the genes one get from the parents so donot worry your child will look have features of you and your husband. donot think too much on such things .Anyway congrats of being a going to be mom.stay positive.

2. anukv

anukv Bronze IL'ite

i also heard abt it, that babies resemble features whom we see for the most of the time

3. Nandshyam

Nandshyam IL Hall of Fame

2 things.. lets not BS ourselves here...

(1) So whatever elders say is true and u follow is it?? :p :p

(2) fye - the same elders advocated sati for women once upon a time and still in some places its being practiced I hear.

4. cinderella06

cinderella06 Platinum IL'ite

What can i reply you happywife...you seems to be more innocent :rotflask your DH what he think about it..

5. Nitha J

Nitha J IL Hall of Fame

Hey;

The bedrooms in most of our family members consist of the pics of Guruvayoor keshavan. It is the same in our bedroom as well; and also our bedroom has the wooden mask of kathakali.

Just that you know this is how Guruvayoor keshavan and kathakali masks looks like Welcome to the abode of Lord Sree GURUVAYOORAPPAN at Bhoolokavaikundam and
    Kathakali Dancer - (Wall Hanging) - Painting on Woven Bamboo Strands

Well; I can assure you that none in our family has turned out looking like that; despite the fact that it is the first and last thing we see everyday...

Enjoy your pregnancy and do not fill your mind with such silly thoughts. All the best..

About your friend; I do wonder why she kept on gazing at her husband's friends photo :))-

-Nitha

6. puspita

puspita Silver IL'ite

Dear sadwife..after reading ur doubt i felt u r so innocent....the same thing my mom also told me when i was pregnent.Actually they beleive daily if u see some good pictures (like God krishna,Ram n some people say hubby's foto) the baby will be like them.Dont just translate those words into ur mind....it means every morning u will feel happy.and regarding soft toys...dont stay apart from them.ur kid will look like ur hubby n u only....not like the toys.I always sleep by keeping my soft toys with me...even during pregnency.My kid is the replica of my hubby....so dear dont fear....:cheers

7. shuvarna18

shuvarna18 Bronze IL'ite

i feel this matters are right..because i have seen this kind of thing.my chitthi(mom's sis)had a poster of a kid pasted in her wardrobe.she always admired that kid a lot.her son(my brother)looked exactly like the kid in the poster.....looking so cute....

8. sadwife

sadwife Gold IL'ite

Dear All, Thanks a lot for your feedbacks. :bowdown

9. rosenav

rosenav Silver IL'ite

aha it's such a innocent question happy wife :rotfl

during my pregnancy my mom filled my house with those cute babie pics... she has the same logic, that during pregnancy I should look at those pics n I will have cute baby:bonk

yes I do I have a cute baby .... but he looks like his dad though.:)

dnt worry... it's your genes that determine how the baby looks.

baby dust to you :)

Last edited: Mar 11, 2011
  10. sadwife

sadwife Gold IL'ite