1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Wife's Weird Behavior

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Karosh, Jan 14, 2017.

1. maddysweet

maddysweet Silver IL'ite

No matter u give her gifts or what ever she will not behave like normal person.
    She needs treatment for her delusional thinking which makes her behave crazy.

Also let us know more abt her normal interests, her behavior with kids,
    Anyone she really likes and trusts?
    anyone she suspects really a lot?

Why she didnt let ur mom come stay help her?

2. Karosh

Karosh New IL'ite

Before marriage, she did have a few friends. Soon after, all of them got married and went busy with their personal lives. No one is in touch with her. My wife is not on any social media (not even wapp) and dislikes them citing they are medium for bringing cracks in a married life (with a lot of fake people and imposters out there). I have tried my best to get her out of the house, but in vain.

With kids.. she is perfectly normal. She loves them to the core and cannot be away from them. She is happy in the company of the kids or when she is out shopping alone (I take the kids to the play area while she is shopping).

Regarding maid... They had a maid when the girls were very young. My MIL became abnormal when my wife reached the age of 12. For the initial period, her father hired a maid. But turned out the maid got caught in stealing something and was fired. There was no maid ever after that; there was help from neighbors (air force quarters) during that time.

If I go alone, she would not hesitate to blame that I had already set up everything and planned with the phychologist/counsellor. The unknown counsellor/psychologist too will become a spy for her then. I will talk to her and persuade her (that I need counselling for myself) to meet one.

Other queries:
    her normal interests: listening to/watching old bollywood melodies, stitching her own clothes, foodie she is, cooking, CLEANLINESS (she sweeps and mops the whole house everyday), playing with the kids

her behavior with kids: absolutely normal - just like any mom would be

Anyone she really likes and trusts: Her father! But he too lost her trust after he changed the property will and gave some of her share to the other two daughters (citing that her husband (that's me) earns enough, while the other two husbands aint doing that good. That's a different story and I don't interfere in the father-daughters or their family matters.

Anyone she suspects really a lot:
    #1 Her sisters. They brain-washed their father to change the will and got benefited.

#2 My sister and mom: They are brain-washing me and setting me up against her. Seriously, they arent. They were stubborn, but until dad's death. My wife is not able to move on and accept the present. She still thinks about how they behaved when we went home as soon as we got married. No parents will welcome their son with open arms for jumping the queue (I married before my sister who is 2 years older to me) and that too a non-mallu, muslim girl. I come from an orthodox Nair family and my parents and relatives take caste and religion seriously. But the way I see it is different. The birth of my daughter in Jan 2013 brought everyone down a bit. FYI, my sister (being 37) is still unmarried and takes care of my mom.

#3 My neighbor: She had a bad quarrel with that lady and we do not communicate. Although the men did not involve in the ladies' fight, we don't talk to each other. She thinks that I talk to them and have a good rapport with them.

#4 friends and well-wishers: She hates if going to any of my friends' place and inviting them home. No family outings with them too.

Why she didnt let ur mom come stay help her?
    Per her, my mom is unhygenic and watches TV serials all the time. And the fact that my mom is handicapped (her one leg short by birth) and has high BP and cholestrol are other factors that my wife thinks my mom really cannot help her (apart from cooking).

Last edited: Jan 17, 2017
    maddysweet likes this.
  3. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Its paranoia. Its clinical. Tell her that she is welcome to choose the psychologist.

4. ShabnamF

ShabnamF Gold IL'ite

It is clear that your wife has some severe issues because of which she is behaving this way. But I am more concerned about you because I can understand how emotionally draining it can be to be in a situation like this. I suggest you to see a psychiatrist alone and discuss these issues with the him/her. I am sure they will be able to guide you in a proper way. Also, you should take good care of yourself. My best wishes to you.

NeetaR likes this.
  5. Rachu123

Rachu123 Bronze IL'ite

Really feeling sorry for the pain you are going through. Hats off to you, you are managing all you responsibilities towards your kids and wife so well.
    Well, I am not so good in giving advice like all wonderful Ilites here, in fact I myself seek help here.
    But, when I was thinking about the situation and reading all other replies, yes somehow you have to convince your wife and take her to psychiatrist.
    Is it possible to find any of her best old friend through social media or something and tell that friend to convince your wife?
    Or is it possible tell your father in law to redo "will" so that she get lost love on him just for her treatment sake. You can promise him at any cost you are not interested in his property and he can redo it back once she recovers. Or if you have any savings can give him some money without your wife knowledge so that he can give it to other daughters. Just my thoughts. Take care.

6. SRK123

SRK123 Silver IL'ite

Dear op,
    can you tell us one thing, is she having mood swings, in the sense that two extreme moods - sometimes too happy and active and sometimes when she complains she is very sad and negative about everything.. because if she is constanly in same mood, then it can be her nature but if its like a waves of happy/energy/postivie vs sad/depressed/negative then there is an imbalance.. Im not a professional here but im one who experienced all these things in life and came out with professional help.. not fully out
    but partially..

7. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

sorry wrong post

8. ChennaiExpress

ChennaiExpress IL Hall of Fame

Honestly there are always two sides to every story. Of course we only know what you are telling us, and we believe it on good faith.

Why is your wife acting normal to your children and her father (till recently) and not everyone else. Maybe she is the type of person who attracts bullies and people who take advantage of her for her entire life, and now she can lash out on you.

You mention she has control of your finances, hence she is able to humiliate you in public.

Remember, Money = Power

As for Social Media causing cracks in relationships, that is what any slightly above average person understands. More people are moving away from it to face reality, the people, places, situations in front of them, not some la la land.

I don't think your wife is mentally sick at all, there is another underlying issue..... plus she's probably been raised in environment where wife is treated like a doormat. Even Indian serials can infuriate the most calm person!

I wish you all the best.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2017
    nakshatra1 likes this.
  9. maddysweet

maddysweet Silver IL'ite

Chennaiexpress
    I have seen very close relative. His wife always thought same that he dont have psychological.
    She used to ask why he gets spying doubt only on her parents not on his own parents.why not on his own brothers.

Well reason is that person problem hasnt gone severe, this paranoia or delusional disorder is hard to understand and digest.
    Now at 55 he went to a stage that he filled police complaints on all neighbors and her parents saying they plan to harm him and spy.

May be Op wife dont have any psychological issue just tantrums but its better to get that confirmed.

10. maddysweet

maddysweet Silver IL'ite

Dear Op

Thanks for writing all details.
    So basically for some or other reason ur wife has cut down communication with her side and ur side family.
    Lets say okay she has some genuine reasons and lot of ladies loose touch with friends at this time.

But why she refuses to let ur friends come home for dinner or lunch.so basically no friends gatherings
    So her life is home, taking care kids,clean house.

Do u guys het invitations from relatives for functions do u go?
    If u make a plan to visit some place or some yatra will she come with u for few days outside?
    I can write in detail abt my close cousin on how his behvaior changed and how he got treated.

When u talk start like this
    Tell her everyone has misunderstandings etc with family that doesnt mean she cut all ties.
    Since she is stressed and getting frustration and its good to visit psychologist who can give some counselling.
    say the way she behaves saying ppl spying and behaving bad on road or while driving is not normal.