1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Wife's reaction to roadside pervert !!!

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by trueloveseek, May 11, 2014.

1. trueloveseek

trueloveseek Senior IL'ite

One incident is bothering me for sometime now. I am 39 years and my wife is 33 years. Very beautiful and homely Wife. She is SAHM and very good in running the household even without my participation sometimes. our son is 9 years and daughter is 3 months. Last one year I am staying away at my job location[due to new job] and wife was pregnant with our daughter hence she stayed back in Bangalore. During the delivery stage[9th month] I took one month work from home option and worked from Bangalore. So I was working on the LAPTOP in the Balcony of the Flat. There is a compound wall next to our Flat[Second floor flat] and a small public road next to the compound and next to this road is a public PARK. Since this is a connecting road only to a residential layout the amount of traffic is almost nil and people just walk by, sometimes school children, old men and women walk by on this connecting road. So more or less this road is less used and we get a good view of the PARK next to this road from our Balcony which is good for us.

So I used to sit in the balcony and work on my LAPTOP. One day in February I was in the balcony at 10 AM working on the LAPTOP, and I observed that one Biker came near the compound with his helmet still on his head and stopped next to the compound wall. I could see him If I put some effort to look at him but just ignored him.Then my Wife came in her Night gown and sat next to me giving me a glass of Juice. We usually observe the people who do jogging or Walking in the PARK from the Balcony and talk together just to rewind ourselves over coffee or juice. But to my surprise that biker was doing gestures and ogling at my Wife. Same time I observed that my wife was just looking at the PARK even though nobody was there in the PARK. I did not observe anything serious for 2 to 3 minutes and then I observed that the biker was actually a pervert and ogling at my WIFE[also doing self pleasuring]. Then I observed that my WIFE was still looking towards the PARK and instinctively I just grabbed my Wife by her hand and pulled her towards myself with full force so that she is not visible to the biker[she fell on my shoulder]. My WIFE had no reaction at all to my sudden pulling of her hand towards myself[She fell on me literally] and she just stood up and went inside. I got confused totally. My heartbeat went from 120 to 240 after this incident and could not focus on my work . I got tensed to maximum the whole morning that day. Later in the afternoon I asked her in a calm worried mood, do such things happen when I am not in Bangalore. She told me after recollecting some old few incidents that my mother also observed such things from her room window and some people had caught red handed some perverts and some commotion had happened at the same place. She also told me that sometime back she had changed dress after bath with window curtain open and she had seen some biker was waiting near the compound wall.

Now I don't know what to do. I know my wife is innocent but the sudden reaction of my Wife should have been why the hell did you pull me so strongly towards you or what happened to you my dear, if she had not observed that biker. But instead she just stood up and went inside calmly is quite intriguing to me. Other possibility is that she was secretly enjoying the attention. My heart does not want to believe it is true as I LOVE my wife truly but I still really don't know the truth.

I do very well understand that there are huge number of perverts on the road these days and we have to keep ignoring them as we cannot confront them without loosing our peace.

I am trying not to brood too much on this incident but just wanted to open it up to take it out of my head.

Is this behavior just incidental or am I dwelling too much into something which I should just ignore ?

Last edited: May 11, 2014
    1 person likes this.

2. NamasteIndia

NamasteIndia New IL'ite

That your wife did not question you or show any reaction certainly disobeys the laws of human behavior/interaction. Why did you let her go away just like that? Would I be suspicious in your position? Yes. My suspicion would be that she probably knows the biker and is hiding something from you. Is this what you're suspecting as well? By the way, the information you've provided is inadequate to come to any conclusion.

If this is true then it you're probably reading too much into the incident. But still the data you've provided is insufficient.

3. darmesh

darmesh Platinum IL'ite

Perverts do exist. They do that sort of perversion, by standing on road side by ogling at family women. They do get beaten up also. These incidents happen again and again.

I understand.

But, no pervert would ever ogle at a woman and do this , when she is sitting just next to her husband. Seeing her sitting with her husband, even the worst pervert would move away. Perverts look for women alone. Why would that pervert do it, in your very conspicuous presence ? No pervert would intentionally choose to get into trouble !

This defies the logic of my common sense.

I will certainly come back and explain in detail whether such an 'other possibility of she enjoying that attention secretly', could have exited. My answer will definitely answer your suspicion. But before that you have to answer, whether the possibility , which I have highlighted above ,in bold red letters, could exist !

1 person likes this.
  4. trueloveseek

trueloveseek Senior IL'ite

I agree with you dharmesh that perverts will run away as soon as they see the women with their husbands. But this guy was bold enough to do it on a busy road and when i pulled my wife he had already kept the bike engine in running and within 4 seconds the biker had vanished. I have no other proof of doubtful behavior from my WIFE.Her phone is clear i.e no doubtful phone numbers or messages as I have full access to her phone and my mom stays in the house 24/7. So EMA is 100% ruled out as far I know.

But what was the need to keep quiet as if nothing happened is my intrigue !!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

Instead of pulling your wife away...you should have screamed at the guy and thrown a pot on his head. Your wife would have enjoyed that.

Don't stress out unnecessarily.Like you said she was looking at the park.May be she didn't pay as close attention to his activity as you did.

At worst ...your wife doesn't mind the attention .At best...she is attractive and has to bear with this kind of attention all the time and is immune to it.

You find your wife's reaction strange...I find your inaction on seeing all this strange. It's just a way of looking at things differently.

8 people like this.
  6. fellowblogger

fellowblogger Silver IL'ite

you said you could see him if you put some extra effort.....so might be that you were not visible to him..

if this is bothering you so much why dont you ask your wife directly and clarify it?

2 people like this.
  7. Rise

Rise Platinum IL'ite

there is no issues... just let the pevert go.. dont let it be the reason of an issue btw u and wife

8. LotusAura

LotusAura Gold IL'ite

Dear OP,
    Your reaction to this whole episode is stranger than that of your wife.

1. If you saw a street pervert in an obscene act right in front of you, why didn't you just get up on your feet, raise an alarm and scream at him. You being a father of two kids, how could you let off that rogue so easily?

2. Why didn't you take it up with your area watchman or your neighbours to formulate measures and ensure it does not happen near your compound again? Doesn't it concern you as a FATHER what could be WORSE is your 9 year old son watching him in the act rather than your wife?!

3. If your mother has witnessed it too and if it is indeed a regular occurrence around your compound and neighbourhood, then there's a serious security issue and urgent need for residents to take it up with the concerned area authorities to ensure safety of residents, especially women and children.

I wouldn't call it a safe neighbourhood, no matter how nice the park looks!

10 people like this.
  9. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

Agree with lotusAura.
    If your mother has seen this and not done anything...what really do you expect your wife to do?

Maybe she was waiting for you to react to the incident.Maybe she was disappointed by your lack of protective instinct and went inside.

6 people like this.
  10. Joyoflife

Joyoflife Gold IL'ite

Very nice comments by yellow mango and lotus aura. Could not agree more. I hate when men would not take a second to blame women. Can't believe, You even checked your wife's mobile phone and emails for it. Long time back me and my husband went to City on Friday night it's usually very busy. We were having dinner in a very busy club. There was a group of men sitting on the next table and one of them just kept starring at me. I didn't even pay attention, I was busy looking outside the window. My husband noticed that guy and shouted stop looking at my wife, will ya. I still remember these words though it's been 8 years. That guy felt very insulted he got up and apologised and all of them left. Just imagine like Trueloveseek if myhusband would have doubted me and checked my emails and mobile I would have nearly killed him. Dear it's bad bad world out there grow a spine and stop doubting your wife.

8 people like this.