1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Why this kolaveri...........

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by ShailRaghuvansh, Feb 10, 2012.

1. ShailRaghuvansh

ShailRaghuvansh Silver IL'ite

Dear Satchi,

I know. We all have gone through this all. But, we had lesser distractions. And some of us were living in joint families or even if we didn't we always had some emotional and physical back-up which is missing today. Parents spend time away from children to earn money for them. Finally, it is used for all the wrong purposes. Our children don't get any stronger, keep losing values, become selfish and what not.

Sigh! a very pitiable situation and I worry. Can only pray and wish for positive change.

Nice Day
    Shail

2. ShailRaghuvansh

Thanks Vinoran.
    Shail

3. ShailRaghuvansh

Hello Devi,

Nice of you to share your thoughts. It is kalayugam as they say but then, every problem DOES HAVE a solution. It is within us, within each of our homes, how we bring up the children. Of course, outside influences do exist. But we can minimize them to some extent at least.

I think most parents are guilty of "what we did not have at least our children should have"
    syndrome. That is where everything goes wrong....

What do you say?

Nice Day
    Shail

4. ShailRaghuvansh

Hello Tanoshii,

Yes, you are right. The pressure on children is high and the people expecting such high standards from children are not guiding them properly. No child became a villain by some strict behaviour from a parent or a teacher!
    Why can't we teach our children to be stronger?
    Why can't we teach our children some basic values?

What the boy did was wrong, terribly wrong. He could not have become such a cruel mean villain within a fraction of a second. The process must have been going in his brain for long due to the behaviour of the people who are supposed to be there to guide him but DID NOT!

Let's pray for wisdom to prevail, for both the adults and the children.

Good Day
    Shail

1 person likes this.
  5. kavitha12345

kavitha12345 New IL'ite

hi friends,
    very valuable topic has come for discussion.nowadays i think media also plays an important role .children gets spoiled very quickly.

6. kavitha12345

kavitha12345 New IL'ite

Hi friends,
    now a days schools forget to teach moral education to students.

7. ShailRaghuvansh

Hi Kavitha,

Thanks for dropping in and sharing your views. Yes, the children now-a-days are missing out on a lot of things, absence of values at home and moral science classes in school. Hope some positive changes take place soon.

Nice day
    Shail

8. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

It is so sad Shail, so disillusioning to think of the way certain members of the younger generation are going that I really don't know what to say.

1 person likes this.
  9. ShailRaghuvansh

Dear Satchi,

Yes, I agree. It is indeed very disillusioning and frustrating too. What has gone wrong where? Peer pressure, peer influence, society scenario and what not. What can we stop? What can we control?

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.
    Nice Day
    Shail

10. kkdevi

kkdevi Gold IL'ite

Hi Shail

I agree with you that every problem definitely have a solution and the syndrome that you mentioned. But atleast seeing such incidents parents should try to come out of that syndrome. Actually, it is the help that they do for their kids to have pleasant/better environment to live in future.

I always think about what will happen to the society in say 5, 10 yrs from now. There would be 'n' good things, developments... But equally (hopefully equal) bad things to make life even worser..

And my contribution towards this is not to have that syndrome of pampering in future :)

Regards,
    Devi

Last edited: Feb 24, 2012