1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Why Sweet Relationships Turn Sour??

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by sunkan, Jun 6, 2007.

1. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

<TABLE width=740 border=0><TD vAlign=top align=left width=309>BROUGHT TO U BY SUNKAN<TD vAlign=top width=291><SCRIPT type=text/javascript><!--google_ad_client = "pub-5917830443144851";google_ad_width = 300;google_ad_height = 250;google_ad_format = "300x250_as";google_ad_channel ="8077879916";google_color_border = "99CCFF";google_color_bg = "FFFFFF";google_color_link = "000000";google_color_url = "000000";google_color_text = "000000";//--></SCRIPT><SCRIPT src="http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/show_ads.js" type=text/javascript></SCRIPT><TD align=left colSpan=2><TABLE height=25 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 background=img/bg_header.gif border=0><TD width="100%">Why Sweet Relationships Turn Sour? (Part I) <TABLE width=601 border=0><TD width=600>Richa is a marriage counselor and her small office is witnessing a big boom in business. Richa claims that the number of clients she gets has increased significantly over the last decade. She has helped many couples in seeking solutions to relationship issues without opting for a divorce.

Marriage is a very dynamic relationship. It changes every now and then as the responsibilities and priorities of concerned parties change. For some lucky couples marriage grows better with each day. But for others a few years down the marriage, dullness sets in. And ultimately the couple feels so distant and out of sync that they start considering a divorce. That is where Richa comes into the picture.

Modern day stresses and high expectations take their toll on relationships and marriages are more affected than any other relationship. Why does a Romeo start lusting after babes at work while Juliet is fantasizing about John Abraham? Romeo and Juliet are meant to be together till death does them apart, so why do they lose that magical romance?

Drifting Apart: Bole to dheere dheere juda ho jana. Sanya and Rajeev had the perfect marriage till two years back. Their daughter was born two years back and Sanya was more involved with her new born daughter now. Meanwhile, Rajeev got a promotion and was heading the Western Zone sales team for his company. This meant a lot of touring and traveling for him. And these two factors doomed the ‘perfect marriage’ that Sanya and Rajeev had. The couple did not feel close to each other anymore! Ab pati consistently absent rahega to who’ll feel close? Thankfully, they realized the problem while it could still be solved and sought counseling. It is important to realize that the relationship needs to be nurtured continuously. A marriage cannot be taken for granted.

Physical Distancing: Living away from each other for long periods of time also gives the relationship ample time to cool off. The couple loses the closeness and warmth that a marriage is based on. When the husband and wife meet after months of separation, they feel like strangers. As far as possible, such a situation should be avoided. DO NOT ALLOW HIM TO LEAVE U FOR MONTHS
    TOGETHER TRY TO KEEP IN TOUCH MORE WITH EACH OTHER...REGARDS SUNKAN

Last edited: Jun 6, 2007
    sindmani and ILoveTulips like this.

2. meenu

meenu Bronze IL'ite

Desar sundari,
    in the present days where the husband and wife give more importance to money making, you have correctly pointed out how togetherness can work wonders in a relationship.
    Regards,
    Meenu

3. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Sundari,

You comeup with good ones!

Most sweet relationships sour cos the parties involved take each other for granted. Be it with a husband, colleague or even a buddy- nothing is more destructive to a relationship than taking it as a given.

4. slp807

slp807 Bronze IL'ite

wow sundari,
    good one!!!
    u pinpointed correctly abt the relationship to b maintained and everyone needs it in present day where money n other things r taking proirity than togetherness.

sreelatha

5. Meeta

Meeta Bronze IL'ite

Hi Sundari,
    This is really a lovely article. In this growing rather I should say developing world where women are no less than any men in career-wise, both used to engage themselves (mentally) in their goals to reach a point. This mental rather than physical distance is the cause of problems between couples. And another thing which I want to point out is that nobody wants to be blamed in a failing relation, this ego problem is also another cause. And when we are bound by egoism, we don't feel the commited to a relationship. Just imagine about the touring jobs of our father. In my case, my father has to tour almost 20 days a month and we used to stay with our mom, but I had never seen them feeling distant from each other rather when my Dad came, my mother feels really great.
    I beleive that if you love somebody, however distant we are apart, nothing can spoil our relationship.
    Regards.

sindmani likes this.
  6. cheer

cheer Silver IL'ite

Sundari very useful article for couples, thanx :)

7. Padmash

Padmash Platinum IL'ite

Hi Sunkan,

i like to call u Sunkan as it feels different. what u have posted is really true, i this this due to quick transition of social behavior. as i feel people in govt job still have wonderful life couples have good relation, when it comes to private we can feel some dissatisfaction in most of the lives not all bcoz some people are satisfied with their life. now people are adopting western thought when we met first time we had same vibrations now after few years of marriage i cant feel that vibration in u, if we dont feel comfortable we should choose our own way why to live in boundation. after 2 1/2 yrs of our marriage we decided that my husband should try his luck abroad, his idea was that first we should have kids after that we will see, my idea that i was studying mca and no kids u r free to move as we odnt have much reponsibilities. we did same but there was not a single day in our life when we didnt talk, we decided to talk at least for 1min. it worked for us we felt each other nearby and waited till i got my visa for malaysia and now in China. i think now people like to live in mirage they even dont know what they are looking for , what they want from life. so psyychiatrist have a good market specially in our country.
    i think i exagarrated the things i know ur response will take care of my mistake.

bye
    padma