Why study the Gita ?

Discussion in 'Chitvish on Hindu Culture & Vedanta' started by Chitvish, Mar 8, 2007.

1. Priya Amarnath

Priya Amarnath Bronze IL'ite

My dear Chithra

U have given a vivid explanation on why we study Gita. I thoroughly enjoyed reading this weeks posts and I am anxiously waiting for ur next posting about Gita. Ur post inspired me very much and I am planning to start reading the Baghavad Gita from tomorrow onwards. I am chanting the Saptasloki Gita given by u daily.

Thank u for a lovely post.

Love and regards
    Priya

2. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

My dear Priya,
    You are always very prompt & methodical - in trying as well as sending F B s.
    Thankyou very much.
    I may not be posting only Gita related topics every week. Side by side, there are some other topics which must be learnt, to help us understand Gita better.
    Please continue with me, Priya.
    Love,
    Chithra.

3. Nischel

Nischel Senior IL'ite

Dear chitvish madam Namasthe,
    I am happy to see ur new thread on "GITHA".I always
    search for ur threads inthis I.L site as u are a good writer on religious topics.The present topic u have chosen as geetha is a good one.I too had an experience about this geetha ,studied comments of different people on this.Let me follow u first what u say and then let me share my opinion about
    this afterwords.
    with good regards Sd/sastry

Last edited: Mar 16, 2007
  4. Chitvish

5. fantib

fantib New IL'ite

It is really wonderful to read all the different opinions and input on this website. Thank you all.
    fantib

6. LakshmiAnand

LakshmiAnand Senior IL'ite

Hari Om Chitraji
    I admire you all the more now.. It has been a wonderful learning with you so far.. be it your recipes... your kitchen ideas... your cultural forum..
    i think of it and i get an answer from your forum..
    tussi great ho ji...

I have been a very keen student of the Gita for the past 10 years or so.. but not so regular as you ... We have just begun withCh. I all over again for the third time in these years...

As everybody else.. i also have my own experiences of enlightenment by this wonderful scripture our ancestors have left for us.. Curse the limitation of our intellect that we are still unable to perceive it as well as it was intended to be..

Thank you so much for all your herculean efforts at this Chitraji

Waiting to read more from your end.

Thank you.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2008
  7. Chitvish

Dear Lakshmi,
    How we evolve over age in life is revealed to us by our own approach to situations, understanding scriptures etc.
    So, every time you go through Gita, a new dimension emerges in your understanding.
    I started in 94, my first course of the Gita & finished in 2002. It was a weekly once class.
    Now, I am dong my second time classes. Now it is just like honey!
    Gita has not changed, only my understanding has improved!!
    Thanks, L, for your nice words. Do read all Gita posts in order from the index.
    Love,
    Chithra.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2008
  8. LakshmiAnand

LakshmiAnand Senior IL'ite

Hari Om Chitraji
    Thank you for your ever enthusiastic comments and posts that Indusladies is kept vibrant. I miss it so much.. when i do not get to log in here.
    Take care.

9. star83

star83 Senior IL'ite

Dear Chitra,

Though i heard about Gita, I never got an opportunity to read . The first post on Gita itself inspired me to read further.

Thanks mam.

Sugi

10. vjbunny

vjbunny IL Hall of Fame

Hi Amma,
    When I was a kid we were just made to recite it for recitation competition when we entered adolscence it was dubbed as old people book....So I never knew any details about it but reading this article has made me curious when I visit my parents I will bring Gita that my father has because it is such a huge book n my father was always telling me to read it but I never gave an ear now I will apologise him n bring that book to read it.........