Why study the Gita ?

Discussion in 'Chitvish on Hindu Culture & Vedanta' started by Chitvish, Mar 8, 2007.

1. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear Meena,
    Thankyou for the feedback.
    I personally feel, it is better to go through the turbulent stages in life initially & then realise what peace is. Then the value of peace will be completely realised by us and we will not let go of it easily.
    Love,
    Chithra.

2. Hamsadhwani

Hamsadhwani Senior IL'ite

Thanks for the post on Gita. I wish I could learn more about it some day!

3. Chitvish

Dear Radha,
    Thankyou for the F b.
    Why wait for some day ? Please read Eagle's post &make a similar beginning, today !!
    Love,
    Chithra.

4. mkthpavi

mkthpavi Senior IL'ite

Dear Chithra..

wonderful introduction to Bhagvad Gita ..:)

love
    Pavithra

5. Chitvish

Dear Pavithra,
    Thankyou very much.
    I am planning to give 4 more introductions to the Gita like

TheGita as a practical code to man
    The Gita's special charm
    The Gita is a discovery of life
    Why is the Gita universal?

I am just thinking of points to come under each heading !
    Also, let me make it clear, that I may not be writing the Gita only every week.
    The topics will be a "mixture" !:tongue
    Love,
    Chithra.

6. meenu

meenu Bronze IL'ite

Dear Chith,
    Why The Gita?This is areal inspirational write up of yours. If we attain the maturaty to accept people with all their faults life is smoother. We will not be tempted to misinterpret sayings and situations and thus sour relationships.Relationships become beautiful and one will be very happy that God has brought him into this world.I myselyf find that human relationships are the most beautiful in this world. Am I Off track?
    Regards,
    Meenu

7. Chitvish

Dear Meenu,
    Thankyou for the feedback.
    You are not off-track ! Infact far from it - very much on the right track.
    But Meenu, let me tell you one thing. Maturity comes more with bitter experiences. So far as the life is fairly smooth, we take vicarious pleasures in doing all that you have written - I do not want to repeat.
    Once we "get back in our own coin", we realise the truth in
    அரசன் அன்றே கொல்வான்
    தெய்வம் நின்று கொல்லும்.
    So, I am learning that every complaint against me is a God-sent blessing & I must learn to interpret the message, Universe is sending me !! We also realise that we have to go a long way in life. God's will, will be done! Let us accept it with all humility.
    Love,
    Chith.

8. gayathriar

gayathriar Bronze IL'ite

Dear Chitra

Thanks for the introduction. I am happy it is just the tip of the iceberg and looking forward to 'The Gita as a practical code to man'. Can you please provide reference on how to study Gita as well( mainly how to get initiated, any books that you would recommend )? I am also hoping there will be more debates and discussions in this thread that will work out to all our advantage.

-Gayathri.

9. cheer

cheer Silver IL'ite

Thanx chitvish for this useful thread, when i was teenager i saw Mahabhart but I couldn't understand the Gita Updesh part. But now a days in canada they are again showing Mahabharat & trust me when i saw the episode of Gita Updesh i was completely shocked, Wow what a great updesh given by Lord Krishna to Arjun, still applicable & if we really followed them, then that will really helped us daily basis.

Chitvish is it possible if U forward us Gita Updeshs. That was really awesome.

They covered all the things superb:2thumbsup:

10. anjana

anjana Bronze IL'ite

Dear Chitra,
    I am so thrilled that you have introduced Gita as part of your Thursday postings. The Gita to me is like a 'mother' to which I turn when I am in distress, filled with unhappiness etc. In the past when I have experienced such rough times like restlessness, anxiety, grief, fear to name a few I started to read the Gita and found that it does help you achieve inner-strength, peace, mental stability,fear from death to name a few. I use to think it was just an 'old scripture' but realised it is the best way to follow and lead a fruitful life. I am thankful to you Chitra that this will sure benefit me and hope to understand all the questions in life.
    Love,