Why should I Join Indusladies International Women’s Day Blog Contest 2013

Discussion in 'Topic of the Month - Contest' started by Moumita1, Feb 17, 2013.

1. Moumita1

Moumita1 Silver IL'ite

Hi,

As bloggers, have you ever thought what you can gain from participation in a blogging contest?

As a blogger, let me say, it’s plenty to be gained from taking part in blogging contest.

Here’s my list why I often take part in various contests as a blogger:

· To Get More Readers:

Yes, blogging for a contest means I can reach out to many readers at the same time, readers who are new and may discover my blog is something they’d like to read. There’s nothing more fulfilling as a writer than getting people read what I wrote. And blogging contests allow me to do just that.

· To Test My Skills:

Yes, I do blog because I want to, on topics I like. But the kick one can get from participating in a blogging contest is so totally different. This is my chance to raise the bar, to compete against my fellow bloggers to see if my blog is better than theirs, to be able to savour the taste of success, if I could win.

· To Explore New Genres:

As a writer, a contest offers me the chance to test new waters, to check if I have what it takes to write on topics which are out of comfort zone, if I have the ability to adapt. Adaptation is the need of the hour, and we, as bloggers, will survive if we can adapt. So what can be more exciting than a contest to write for a change?

· To Do My Part For The Society:

I especially love to blog for a cause. It makes me happy that I am wielding my pen (sorry keyboard, in this case) to talk of something which I hold dear to heart, about society, about awareness, and about bringing in changes for the good.

So do you believe that your blog can change things? Yes, it can. This is more apparent in cases where bloggers come out in droves to talk about an issue. Internet is my space, and I believe its people like us who help men like Anna Hazare force the hands of the government to bring in change. Yes, blogging is a powerful media.

Indusladies Blogging Contest 2013

So will you be participating in this? I hope you will. It will give me great pleasure to compete with all of you bloggers, whose work I have been reading until now. And believe me, i can give you some tough competition too. :)

So see you at the contest, and may the best entry win.

2. swathi14

swathi14 IL Hall of Fame

very nice.

andal

3. psharmarao

psharmarao New IL'ite

4. ShailRaghuvansh

ShailRaghuvansh Silver IL'ite

I agree entirely... Have participated.