1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Why Not Earlier?

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by rgsrinivasan, Aug 19, 2011.

1. rgsrinivasan

rgsrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Once there lived a sadhu, who had a little son. The son was very active and very mischievous and the sadhu had to spend a lot of time for him. This affected his prayers and other routines a bit, so he wanted to make amends.

One day, he called the son and said, "Dear! I will tell you something great, which is a secret that you should never utter to anyone. And if you do what I say, then you will get to see someone.....". The little one's eyes expanded liked a saucer and his face resembled a big flower. "Is that true Pappa?" he asked. "Yes dear! Only if you keep in mind, what I say!" said the father and left, thinking that there would be no harm in letting his son know the rare mantra, his guru had told him before.

The little boy thought about this and very soon, he found it too difficult to carry. He quickly went to the bush nearby. And started talking in a husky voice to the flower there - "Keep quiet! I am going to tell you a secret!". He felt the weight to reduce a bit. Then he went to the tree and said the same. This he did to all things around him and even to a cat and dog over there. Finally, really feeling relieved, he fell asleep.

His father was experiencing a true bliss that day, for the first time, though he had been meditating for several years sincerely. Occasionally he would feel something, but it would always elude him before. That day, before even concentrating harder, he felt it and was crying in joy. But he also had a question - Why did it not come to him before?

Don't you know?

2. shashiv

shashiv Gold IL'ite

Dear RGS,

Such a meaningful blog... When you start sharing you will feel bliss and happy... Rather than keeping to ourselves.very valueable words... I really enjoyed it... thanks

Shanti

3. rgsrinivasan

Wow! Thats a real quick feedback. And a very nice one too. Thanks Shanti. -rgs

4. sreemanavaneeth

sreemanavaneeth Gold IL'ite

Hai Rockstar,

good one. Really if we share it with others our mind will be calm.After a long research only sadhu came to know how to handle his son by his valuable idea.

5. rgsrinivasan

What he did accidentally, had given him what he wanted for a long time Sreema. The point is to share as well as not to expect something while meditating. Whatever the child does is meditation, as it is completely focussed and has that absolute faith. Thanks for your nice feedback. -rgs