Why Lord Krishna didn't marry Radha?

Discussion in 'Queries on Religion & Spirituality' started by rajiravi, Apr 5, 2009.

1. radhikrish

radhikrish Silver IL'ite

Hi Bars,
    That was a nice explanation. I was particularly searching for a doubt which I had in mind , about why radha is not mentioned anywhere in Bhagavatham. Thanks for giving that, from where did you get that information? Because I had searched many articles and I couldnt get the reason.

Radhi

2. NainikaSomaiya

NainikaSomaiya New IL'ite

Namaste,

I feel the reason why Lord Krishna did not marry Radha is because he considered Radha to be his closest and dear friend:). Besides, according to some epics Radha was already married and quite elder to Lord Krishna.

Jai Shri Krishna,
    Nainika Somaiya:)

3. bars62

bars62 Senior IL'ite

hi radhi,

i attended krishna thatvam discourse by samaveda shanmuka sharma at bangalore during january. He told this information. this subject is widely discussed during our regular narayanaeeyam chanting also. however,though narayaneeyam is condensed form of bhagavatham, the name Radha is mentioned as Naryana bhatadri wrote Naryananeeyam as he 'saw' krishna leelai' and other avatharams in front of his eyes .

Radhe krishna!!!!

bars62

4. amihere

amihere Platinum IL'ite

I have heard that it is not good to keep RadhaKrishna photo in Puja room... heard it is not good for the married couple in the house.Is this right?

5. kv170746

kv170746 New IL'ite

I have been to guruvayur several times but never seen this shrine. Where is it located please?
    Thnaks in advance.

6. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

I discovered recently that there is a shrine to Yogamaya Devi on one side of the Krishna. I think it is called 'Devi Sannidhi'. This Yogamaya is Radha. I will try to get my mother to find the exact copy of the article which talks about the sannidhis of Radha and Yashoda in Guruvayoor. It will take time though.

Also, for some other, unconnected info on Radha. I read an abstract of a poem 'Radha evide?' ('Where is Radha?), by the Malayalam poet Sugatha Kumari. After Lord Krishna left Vrindavan, Radha also went missing. Her friends searched for Her high and low everywhere, asking the animals, birds and even plants,'Radha evide?'

The poet writes on that Radha was immersed in deep tapas to Lord Shiva. Shiva appeared before Her and all Radha wanted that Her Bhakti (and not necessarily Her physical form) to Sri Krishna be immortal. Shiva granted the boon happily. Apparently, Radha split into three- Andal in South, Meera in the North and Kurooramma in Guruvayoor.

SugataKumari has researched extensively from many spiritual texts like Srimad Bhagavatham to write this poem. I was a bit surprised to read that Radha was embodied in Kurooramma, who I thought was an embodiment of Devi Yashoda. I had also (wrongly?) assumed that Manjula in Guruvayoor was a form of Radha. I guess there is lots to learn afresh about Radha Devi's reincarnations.

7. amihere

amihere Platinum IL'ite

Vidya thanks for posting these, though I have heard stories about the devotion of kurroramma never knew she was an embodiment of kurooramma.

But no one here answered my question?? :hide:

8. bars62

bars62 Senior IL'ite

hi ami

there is absolutely nothing wrong in keeping Radha Krishna photo in house.
    same thing is said about flute krishna also.

in fact it will do good and husband and wife will have healthy relationship.
    i am 100% sure.

There is nothing negative in that and how can it go wrong ?

bars62
    bharathy.G.

9. radhikrish

radhikrish Silver IL'ite

Hi Vidya,

That was a nice bit of information about Radha. In fact I have read about an article on poet Sugathakumari's Radha evide? Actually it was presented in Mohini attam by dancer Priyadarshini Govind in Chennai a couple of months back. The article mainly covered about the dance and only a little was mentioned about the peom like it searches where Radha has gone after Krishna leaves Brindavan. It is surprising to note that she has incarnated in the form of Meera, Andal and Kurooramma. One doubt, is it the poet's fantasy or some real evidence in scriptures are there to conclude thus?
    By the way I went to Guruvayur over the last week end. I couldnt find any diety of Radha there. In addition to unni kannan, there are small temples for Ayyappan and Bhagavathi . Pl let me know where is this radha's sannithi in guruvayur?

Radhi

10. amihere

amihere Platinum IL'ite

Dear Bharathy thanks for clearing my doubt, but what I heard is sonce they are not married it will cause problems in house if you keep it in puja room and else its fine.Just wanted to clarify on this.

Ragarding the flute yeah we can have krishna with flute, infact all krishna idols in my home are so.But there is something like whenever you make an idol or painting or work of Krishna any one of the measurements should be incorrect.My relative had a krishna sculpted on the front door with perfect measures and they started hearing a flute sound everyday,when they went to an astrologer to ask about this he said any of the measurements should be wrong else you have to do pooje daily to that idol since Krishan will really be there.