1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

why live on credit?

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by muzna, Feb 17, 2009.

1. muzna

muzna Silver IL'ite

Even before the skeltons from the US's cupboard started to appear i would say.

Why live on credit when your earnings can sustain you...the need to own all in the beginning, from house and car led to things like travel... on credit was something i never liked and its infection to our country was again unacceptable to me. But though i always talked it out with friends there were still a few who would go ahead and live on credit. And once we start to live out of our means, it is difficult to reduce our expenditure.

What is important in our lives.. love of our loved ones or the wordly pleasures. the day we give importance to our--- daily routine, belongings, time, money, integrity, self importance &c. we are paving way for the ME syndrome. in which we think of ourselves first and about the others later. It really does not matter who this other is , our parents, siblings, spouse, friends, kids...is love or affection a burden. it is not a burden but credit is, still we use it as it fulfills our lesser required wishes. when will we learn to give imporatance to the important things in our lives and not the ones which we give importance.

khoobsoorat hona aham nahin, aham hona khoobsoorat hai.( to be beautiful is not important , but to be important is beautiful).
    What is your take , do tell.

2. roopadadia

roopadadia Silver IL'ite

Hi Muzna,

so very true there are a few people who really live on credit day in and day out.

In the end relations too turn out to be on credit. Till you can spend great going the day they realise that you are done with...phut goes the relationship.

3. swathi14

swathi14 IL Hall of Fame

When u swipe a credit card once, your life is clean sweeped.
    In olden days, a debt is like a burden, but I owe this much credit symbolizes once status.

I like your blog that importance of life is love and not money.

Andal

4. mithila kannan

mithila kannan Gold IL'ite

My dar muzna,
    That is a very welcome post my friend.
    People want to keep up with their colleagues,their relatives,their friends and they want a certain standard of living.When I look around I do see people mostly house wives who compare their standard of living with that of others.Finally they end up buying things on credit.The easy availability of credit cards is not a boon certainly,it is a bane.

khoobsoorat hona aham nahin, aham hona khoobsoorat hai.( to be beautiful is not important , but to be important is beautiful).

I simply loved those words.
    I have a credit card that I use only to put petol in the car.I keep it with me so that when I o out and if I need it,I should have the card.Even my daughters sometimes make fun of me,"Amma,do you need to take dad's permission even to use the credit card?"But Iam like that Muzna.I don't splurge.
    The younger gneration,they are different.May God bless them guide them and be with them always.
    love
    mithila kannan

5. muzna

muzna Silver IL'ite

dear roopa
    what you say is so true, the relationships for many people go sour when one of them feels that their is nothing to be gained now, sad though but true.
    but as you sow so you reap is also true,
    if one does not nurture their relationships who will be there for us, and we do need people other than their help too.most of the time it is their nearness we need.

6. muzna

muzna Silver IL'ite

dear Andal
    thakns for your feedback.
    actually what is happening is that we have started to ape the west, and coz their life -from the outside looks attractive -we too wish for it. but the truth is definitely what you have written, credit is a burden but has become a way of life due to peer pressure.

7. muzna

muzna Silver IL'ite

dear Mithila
    thanks for your fb. that too such an elaborate one.:bowdown
    till we do not learn to tackle with the peer pressure, we can not do away with this bane. and for that the first thing is to satisfy our own innerself, ask ourself whether we need to spend, the amount we do, esp if we ar going to spend on credit..

aham hona...
    is my one of favourite lines, as they tell about the significance of importance. the word play in urdu is lovely.