why is meprate tablet taken ?

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by Harithag, Feb 18, 2009.

1. hemadurga

hemadurga Bronze IL'ite

dear milkybar, thanks so much for your detailed reply..

i was thinking of curing uterine adhesion if any in my body..so just wanted to know about meprate.

if u know any natural remedy to treat uterine adhesions, pls tell me.

2. rangyani

rangyani New IL'ite

What is Meprate for ? Pls advice

Hi all,

This is my first thread. I am writing after seeing so many positive advices in various threads.
    I have regular periods once in 35 days.We are actively TTC
    Its almost 60 days now since my LMP on 8th Oct. . But HPT shows negative. Went to the doc and took ELISA test. Even that is showing negative. Doc has adviced me to take Meprate 10 mg twice a day for 5 days and that I will get my periods within 3 days of stopping the tablet. And, if I dont get the periods then pregnancy is confirmed. But I heard one of my friends say that meprate is not good in early stages in early stages of pregnancy.

When we went for a check up with the gynaec for planning the pregnancy, she ordered for a scan and on the scan taken on 24th Oct, I was showing follicular cyst of 2.1cm in right ovary and uterine wall thickness was fine. The doc told I would be ovulating that time.

Now, my doubt is, will I be pregnant and still be showing negative even at 60 days ? Is meprate harmful or can I take it?

My doc says that a blood test may not be necessary now and we can take the same after taking Meprate.

Pls suggest

Last edited: Dec 8, 2009
  3. sharanyadevi

sharanyadevi Gold IL'ite

Re: What is Meprate for ? Pls advice

Hi Rangyani,
    I dont know about the tablet you have mentioned.
    But how can a Dr prescribe medicines without confirmation.I request you to take a blood test and clear it with your Dr then go for medicines.
    Let see what our friends say on this...

4. Sankna

Sankna Bronze IL'ite

rangyani - I think meprate is same as Provera which is progestrone tablet. It will support your uterus in case if you are pregnant and if not it will help in getting your periods within 3-5 days of stopping the tablet. When I didnt get my periods on time and when it exceeded 50 days without a positive urine test my gyn used to prescribe me this only. So its safe.

5. rangyani

rangyani New IL'ite

Thanks Sharanya and Sankna for your kind reply. I am planning to take another HPT by end of this week and then start with the tablet if I still get a negative. hoping for the best....

6. akshayakumari

akshayakumari New IL'ite

hii everybody

as i'm having irregular periods problem.i didnt get my period from last 20days.so can i go with this meprate tablet.and please suggest me that for minimum how many days i should use these tablet.

7. chotabheem

chotabheem Gold IL'ite

Re: hii everybody

Dear Akshaya,
    If you are TTC, then do not go for that tablet. i suggest you do a hpt before taking any tablets. Also, consult a good gynaec before taking any tablets.

8. Swatir23

Swatir23 Gold IL'ite

Re: hii everybody

Hi Akshaya,
    chotabheem is right.....dont take tab witout consulting doctor.....also do your blood test on secod day of cycle for prolactin and thyroid ...these two harmone causes delay in period if not balanced....

swati

9. akshayakumari

akshayakumari New IL'ite

thanq for ur reply,i was unmarried and i was suffering from thyroid problem,more over as off nw my thyroid problem got curred.but even then it was getting delayed.i'm having the symptoms of pain and all.but i'm not getting my period.

10. SriramPadmaja

SriramPadmaja New IL'ite

Hello,
    I need to postpone my periods for some 5 days. Is it safe to use meprate for this, and does this cause any problem to conceive later on? I'm unmarried now, 21 years.
    <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">