Why India is still presenting male dominating culture

Discussion in 'News & Politics' started by hemantkuumar, Jul 1, 2009.

1. hemantkuumar

hemantkuumar New IL'ite

Hi All,
    I come accross in a multiple times the male dominating society, Why man is not giving same respect to women, why all the time women pull back herself to save a man. This is not an issu for 20% of the societies, but 80% of the societies having same problem. Please share

2. roopadadia

roopadadia Silver IL'ite

Welcome to IL Hemant.

Nice to know a male member has come up with this topic.

Why not start from you, why don't you mention here your take on this issue, since you are single yet, it might help you in the future.

3. hemantkuumar

hemantkuumar New IL'ite

I have already decided to live in equal right scenario,

4. roopadadia

roopadadia Silver IL'ite

Now that was a diplomatic answer....

5. renvem

renvem Senior IL'ite

what is meant by living in equal rights scenario...will be good of you could elaborate on this

it's more of a problem in rural and uneducated classes...becoz if the educated class is suffering then they can't be called educated enough :)

educated people have evolved and the problem is showing signs for better furture of women...it'll still take very long time for Indian Males to relinquish the power they have enjoyed for ages

6. hemantkuumar

hemantkuumar New IL'ite

You said problem is in Rural, and India is country of villages, and Agriculture is his main business, It does mean problem is 70%
    What measures India government can take in terma of law, Politics, reservation bill, or any other? Please suggest how this issue can be resolved in multidirection.

7. roopadadia

roopadadia Silver IL'ite

Hemant, these things are not for the law or politician to teach its individual.

If we go back to the first thread here, and if i come straight to the point. Then firstly we need to respect another human being...which is lacking these days.

Each individual, has to check their actions after 18 it is beleived that a person attains enough maturity to understand the right or wrong.

Also, the parents and teachers need to inculcate the right ethics and principals in their childrens life.

If a MIL dosen't stand up for her DIL incase her son is troubling or ill treating her then i believe she is not fit to be a good mother nor a human being who can't understnad the pain of another woman.

Our race is supposed to be an intelligent one and thats why we are born as humans and not as animals.

Everything apart, remember one thing give respect to gain respect. If a person ill treats his wife, she is not going to respect him after some time and nor will the kids.

And i really believe in the theory of karma...what ever you sow so shall you reap.

8. hemantkuumar

hemantkuumar New IL'ite

Roopa,
    I am reasonably agree to you, To amend one law we analyse thousands of live cases happend in past, and their outcomes, When It is observed their are n number of cases of dowry-exploitation, government made the law,
    But he never check the effectiveness o f the law,
    When you say Law and Politics are no concern I am fully disagree, If person seated at Human Rights is aware of Child labor, Womens exploittion and many more, It will be tremendous changes in Law and regulations.
    Thanks!
    Hemant

9. roopadadia

roopadadia Silver IL'ite

I to do agree that laws should be there. But has that deterred the wrong doers. No...so its the mindset that need to change. Laws are meant to be broken in India.

And don't you think prevention is better than cure. As there are chances that cure would be a lenghty process.

10. mandi

mandi New IL'ite

India is a male dominated society and there is no law in the world that can change that. The only solution to this thing is through social restructuring. We will have make our women stronger and our men more sensitive.

We will have to teach our daughters that they have their own identity and they should not be dependent on their father, brothers or husband.

Also, we must tell our sons that women are not some commodity for their use. They must respect women and not treat them as an asset.