1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Why He Hate My Sister's Husband?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by fellah, Nov 27, 2017.

1. fellah

fellah New IL'ite

My husband started behaving abnormally when my sister's marriage was fixed. He is of darker complexion and sisters husband ( let me introduce as R) is very fair. He is always Feeling down about it. I tried my best to make him positive. On the day of marriage he went to hospital and fakely admitted there so as he don't want to face all.. From the time my sister's marriage was fixed he is quarrelling with me for very small matters..like he hated R. He was very nice with my family....also I doubt that he is afraid of losing my parents love as R came. R is very active and friendly to all but my husband is very silent. Now my problem is that last day I had a WhatsApp chat with R about his job and family as he is working abroad. My husband didn't like me talking to him and he is warning me not to talk with him again. He is my sister's husband. In that sense my brother. It's more than a week my husband ignoring me and he is telling that he needs a gap with me. I thought to go to my parents home but I don't want anyone to know about his strange and shameful behaviour.. at night he wants sex with me.. last day I told him we should not have sex until the gap is taken out. He became angry and shouted at me that he will never forget all these. Now he is not even talking or having the food prepared by me. What I need to do dear ladies? Kindly find a solution.....

2. fellah

fellah New IL'ite

Also he has blocked me in his WhatsApp and put password for his fone. What is wrong with him?

3. DDream

DDream Finest Post Winner

OP, what about your husbands relation with your sister ? How is it?

Calm down and watch dh

nakshatra1 and sindmani like this.
  4. fellah

fellah New IL'ite

She is like her own sister.... I know it for sure...but i think he is afraid that he may lose importance in my family... Whom I need to talk my worries with? Do I need to inform my parents and stay with them until he is fine? Kindly help....

DDream likes this.
  5. DDream

DDream Finest Post Winner

Look like he is not ready to accept the fact that she is getting married or someone new is coming to your family. 'R' has nothing to do with it. He would have behaved with anyone else in his place. Keep an eye on him and just ignore his tantrums. Give some time. Once he cools down, then talk to him in calm way what the issue is?

Denying sex is not a wise option, it will drift you apart. Slowly gain his confidence and be a friend and give him confidence that his role will not be taken by others. Behaving this way like a kid is not good for him. Talk in a very caring and loving way to make him understand.

You can talk to your family about his insecurities and make him a key player in marriage function. May be you can request 'R' and to talk with your dh and create a friendly relationship.

Understand the real issue.
    Let him grow up.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2017
    Dishaa, cheenu123 and fellah like this.
  6. ashneys

ashneys Platinum IL'ite

IF this is all he is worried about, why don't you speak to your parents and figure out a way to show him that his importance is not lost but infact his importance has raised as the older brother.

Kind of similar to the same situation that has to be played with the older sibling when a second child comes in.

Imagine what would you want to do if you were in his position like a new awesome sis in law who triggers all your insecurities n do similar stuff.

Also point to him that he's behaving like a child n whether he would be ok if you behaved the same way n ask him to cut off any ties with his new sis in law n ask him to grow up.

Tell him the right things n give him time to process it. Don't take his tantrums too seriously.

fellah and sindmani like this.
  7. memeera1234

memeera1234 Gold IL'ite

I feel he is insecure that he might lose his position as a son in your family. Try speaking to him. Find out if any incident made him think so (like indifferent behaviour from any of your family members Etc). If it is so, you can involve your close family members like your parents and request them to involve your DH more in marriage planning and such other associated works so that he may feel he is a prominent figure in your family.

Sunshine04 and fellah like this.
  8. amunique

amunique Gold IL'ite

Hmm what if you also act like you dont like R? will that make him spill out the truth about his changed behaviour?

fellah, sumalynux and zeppelingirl like this.
  9. fellah

fellah New IL'ite

Thank you DDream.... Now I have a great releif..... Now I got to know what I have to do... Thanks a lot...

10. fellah

fellah New IL'ite

I feel shame to talk about this to others... But now I wish to share it with my dad....he is the one who cares him most....