Why do we have a Puja Room ?

Discussion in 'Chitvish on Hindu Culture & Vedanta' started by Chitvish, Jul 13, 2006.

1. Sobhi

Sobhi Senior IL'ite

Hello Chitra Mam

Nice to go through all your forums. So much of valuable information.

I had sent across a mail to your gmail ID. Dont know if you have recieved it or not.

regards
    Shobha

2. Gayathri47

Gayathri47 Silver IL'ite

Thank you Mami for your kind and understanding and logical reply, I feel so much better now... I do hope to go forward with my plans now!

Thanks a ton,
    gayathri

3. Rasapriyagopika

Rasapriyagopika New IL'ite

Thanks for the wonderful information about puja room . Actually vedic traditions setting up an altar or puja room at home means receiving the Lord and His pure devotees as your most honored guests. The Lord being considered the most important person should be made our center of the family, especially being a householder.
    Wonderful point of the positive energy .
    Sound vibration which you mentioned is perfect, the Vedas are known as sabda-brahma because evidence taken from the Vedas constitutes the ultimate understanding. This is because sabda-brahma, or the Vedas, represents the Supreme Personality of Godhead. However, the real essence of sabda-brahma is the chanting of the mantra constituting the names ofthe Lord. By vibrating this transcendental sound, the meaning of everything, both material and spiritual, is revealed.

4. Darshini20

Darshini20 New IL'ite

Pretty gud and nice article..i really liked it...

5. skartekn

skartekn New IL'ite

Re: one doubt

hi good post,

i totally agree with you

6. nandhini4

nandhini4 Bronze IL'ite

Thanks for sharing wonderful information...........

7. inboxsweetee

inboxsweetee Gold IL'ite

Known thing but written in superb way :)

8. sathya5788

sathya5788 New IL'ite

Hi Chitra madam,
    I have been a regular and silent follower of you for long time. I really appreciate all the good work you are doing here. Your forums are one of the main reasons for me to turn into the spiritual side. I have a small question and not sure if I am asking this on the proper thread or if someone has answered this in other threads. Please anyone could share me your thoughts if you get to read this.
    I have a son who is so naughty and I dont have enough time in the evening to do prayers. I like to spend 30 mins of uninterrupted pooja everyday and so usually I light lamp and do pooja in the early mornings (usually somewhere between 5 to 7 while my son and hubby are sleeping ). I do light lamp in the evening but can't stand there for more than 5 mins because of my son.
    I came to know that you shouldn't be lighting lamp at home if someone is sleeping. Is it true and if so what should I do for that.
    Thank you very much.

Regards,
    Sathya