1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Why do the women from India show attitudes towards those Indians born here?

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by Ndv, Dec 22, 2010.

1. reverie

reverie New IL'ite

navs23...

You made me reread my posting & edit the sarcastic comments made by me...It is a first...Thank You...Please keep voicing your opinion...it would help more people than hurt...at the worst case it would make any think...You are too nice...:bowdown

2. navs23

navs23 Platinum IL'ite

Reverie,
    Well, the comments sounded sarcastic the first time I read it, but this reply shows your real attitude, you sound to be a wonderful person, maybe you dint mean to be sarcastic and it just came out that way. It happens, I was sarcastic in my reply to you as well which I dint realize until I re read my comments.
    Thanks for accepting the apologies :thumbsup

Last edited: Dec 23, 2010
  3. Swethasri

Swethasri Platinum IL'ite

Its better to have more attitude friends than less good and genunie friends.even i expereince the same thing with very short period living in US.Indians are catagorizing like newly arrive, 5yrs, greencard, citizens, generation to generation and they start sarcasting others especially women as u said.And also if our child has any health issue,oh my god look at them,they will just ignore u.So many people are money minded and also they compare with others which is very bad.almost people will go abroad for financial reason and less percentage is health reasons,tourist,short term....but their attitude is like that only.

I lived in a apartment with lot of Indians and i did not make any friends.one family with parents.that MIL start complaining abt her DIL by our third meet which is horrible.so we decided to live in a place where there are no Indians.Now there is no indians and all are americans.i have a very good friend.we spend many hrs together share our thoughts.she helped me in my hard times and i helped her in many ways.......iam happy and peaceful now.

4. reverie

reverie New IL'ite

Do you really mean this Swetha?

5. hemalathaK

hemalathaK Platinum IL'ite

May be the place you lived might have given you such an experience.Even I am living here for the past one year and the place I live has so many indian families too.And most of them are friendly and helpful when we are in some need.I didn't face any attitude problem till today.

Before we used to go to shopping in bus and once when we were returning from the shop in the bus we had nearly 5 to 6 carry bags with the things and we were with two children and hence kept those bags near our legs.On one stop an American man instead of so much place in the bus, he just kicked one of our bags and got down.It was very clear that he did it intentionally.

We were sitting in the front next to driver's seat and couldn't ask or fight with him since he got down .Moreover we were shocked by his behaviour and didn't expect such a thing from a co-passenger.

It is not that Indians have attitude problems and Americans don't have such.These kind of people exist everywhere irrespective of their nationality.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2010
  6. Swethasri

iam sorry
    Its better not to have more attitude friends than few good and genunie friends

7. Swethasri

hemalatha i somewhat agree with u but americans wont do that with their people that too if they live in a different countries.iam not saying all americans and all indians.but the percentage is more.thats what iam trying to say.but u believe my words or not, what i said only is happeneing between indians in america,iam not sure abt other countries.not only iam saying this even in my husband workplace,many indians are complaining the same thing.anyway we are far and enjoying our life.

8. Ndv

Ndv New IL'ite

Hemalatha,
    I am sorry you had that experience. I'm not saying it did not happen like that but is there a possibility that he may have been upset about the seats you were in? Generally the seats near the driver are left for handicapped or elderly or otherwise disabled people and there are a lot of folks who get upset when able bodied people take these seats or park in handicapped spots. Just a thought. If he did do it on purpose to you guys for no reason then shame on him.
    There are good and bad everywhere. I originally wondered why women from India are rude to me but it's not that simple. I've realized that secure, quality women who are confident are nice while the insecure ones are not and unfortunately I've met more of those. In the same way, that man must have been quite insecure to do that for no reason.
    Swetha,
    We seem to have had similar experiences with Indians here. If you feel better in your new place I am happy for you. Better to have a true American friend than an untrue Indian one. Hope you can find a nice Indian friend as well sometime.

9. Swethasri

10. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

They are insecure about themselves and feel u are way better.Hence,the attitude to make u feel bad.